His World, Her World

A Princess Love Story

Goong OST; Crystal Flower

----

Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – Gyeongbokgung (Palace) | 8:00 AM

Outfit

----

He dressed himself in a light blue dress shirt, matched it with white trousers and slipped on his black leather shoes.  He slowly walked towards the dining room, where a cluster of palace servants and officials awaited his presence. 

“Seja, good morning.”  They chorused, while immediately bowing their heads. 

He simply acknowledged them by nodding his head, and then took a seat at the head of the long wooden table. On the table, there were a variety of Korean side dishes, a feast fit for a king.  As he picked up his chopsticks and began eating, the head official came up to him.  

“Seja, did you have a good rest?  Today’s schedule will be packed.  It consists of meeting Jeonha and Joongjunmama after breakfast for a chat on politics, following that you have history lessons, lunch, a conference with the government, and an interview with the Korea Times… ” The head official paused as Seja put his hand up, signaling for a stop. 

“Interview?” he asked.  

“Neh Seja, Jeonha and Joongjunmama thought you could open up a bit more to the public.  You haven’t done one since last month.  This time Jeonha and Joongjunmama will be there to accompany you.”  The head official commented.  

He sighed and nodded his head reluctantly while waving away the head official to finish his breakfast in peace.  The head official bowed and retreated.  

“Another busy day…” he commented with a sigh.

----

B1A4; Beautiful Target (Inst.)

----

New York, USA | Present

Setting – Jinae’s House | 3:00 PM

Outfits

----

I had just finished my homework for the weekend and I was stuck in a serious case of boredom.  I decided to go bother my lovely Oppa that I love oh-so-much.   Slowly creaking open the door to his bedroom, I peeked inside.  I saw him reading a book on his bed while listening to music and a sly smile formed on my face.  I tippy-toed up to him slowly and pounced on him. 

“AHHHH!  JINAE!” he shouted jumping up suddenly while his headphones fell onto his bed.  

“Ahahaha, got you this time! It was revenge for playing a trick on me this morning!” I shouted gleefully.  

“Okay, okay!  I give up!  Get off me!” he choked out.

“Okay, fine!” I said.  As soon as I rolled off his back, he turned the other way and crossed his arms to express his anger.  

“Awww… Oppa… are you mad?” I asked sweetly, trying to stifle my giggles.  

“Hmph!” He muttered.  

“Oppa...” I whined as I nudged his shoulder a bit.  Suddenly, he turned around and started to tickle me. 

“AHHHH!  UMMA!” I shouted as I rolled off the bed and sprinted towards the door.

Jinyoung laughed and followed me out.  I ran into the kitchen and saw my Umma washing the dishes.  I quickly ran behind her and hugged her, attempting to use her as a shield.  

“Umma! Jinyoung Oppa is picking on me!” I whined.  

“Jinae-ah, when will you stop fooling around?  I heard you picking on your Oppa first,” she replied while laughing.  

My Appa joined us in the kitchen and tousled my hair.  “Aigoo uri Jinae is too adorable!” he said while he picked me up and twirled me around.  I laughed and wrapped my arms around Appa’s shoulders.  Jinyoung Oppa came and pulled my chubby cheeks for the fifth time today, and I whimpered.

“Why don’t we go out for some ice cream?  My treat.” Jinyoung suggested.  

“Oppa you’re the best!  My handsome Appa, and beautiful Umma, I’ll bring some back for you!” I tugged Jinyoung’s sleeve and waved goodbye to our parents.  Hanging out with my family on the weekend is always the best.   

----

Goong OST; 복장 불량!

----

Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – Gyeongbokgung (Palace) | 4:00 PM

Outfit

----

I changed into my newly ironed set of modern royal clothing before meeting my parents.  I walked over to their palace and the officials announced my entrance.

“Ahbamama, Uhmamama.” I greeted them and bowed respectively.

“Ah Seja, you have arrived.  Good afternoon.” Ahbamama said.  

I bowed in response.  Uhmamama came up to me and fixed my hair.

“Our Seja is so handsome.” She smiled at me and I gave her a small smile in return.  Ahbamama coughed and she resumed her previous position. 

“We shall start heading to the atrium, the press will be arriving soon.” Ahbamama commented. 

I nodded and walked with a steady pace, head up high, and eyes looking forward, surrounded by palace maids and my personal bodyguards; just as I had learned ever since I was a child.  It seemed like I was paying attention, but my mind was wandering, desiring to be at another place.  Besides, interviews are always the same.  All I have to do is feed the public what they want to hear.  Not long after, we arrived at the atrium of Gyeongbokgung, the place where the media is allowed to gather.   Hundreds of cameras began to flash as Ahbamama, Uhmamama, and I waved and took our positions on the golden chairs lined up in a row on the balcony, facing the crowd.

“Good evening to the heart and soul of South Korea, the royal family!” The interviewer boomed over the loudspeaker.  The crowd of South Koreans, both young and old, roared in response. 

“Today’s interview will revolve around our nation’s Seja, Gong Chanshik!” The crowd roared once again and an entire clan of fangirls screamed while waving signs and flags decorated with Seja’s face on it in the air. 

“Wow, our Seja is definitely the most popular man in South Korea, he’s even flying above all the boy bands on Naver and Daum’s search engines!” Another round of applause erupted. 

“Anyhow, for today’s interview, we had a draw and three lucky fans have achieved the opportunity to ask Seja one question each.” The interviewer announced.  “Let’s begin, shall we?  The first question is asked by Park Yoojin-ssi, ‘Seja, what are your favourite activities at school?’”

I adjusted the microphone and flashed one of my killer smiles at the audience.  The crowd cheered and I heard some fangirls sigh.  “In terms of subjects, I enjoy both Math and History.  As for my favourite extracurricular activities, I enjoy reading, singing, photography, and playing sports such as fencing and kendo.” I replied.

“Oh my, Seja is certainly talented in every aspect!” The interviewer replied. 

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“Now for the next question which is asked by Lee Youngmi-ssi, ‘Seja, instead of a question, this is more of a request.  May I call you Seja Oppa?’”  Whispers dispersed throughout the crowd. 

“Lee Youngmi-ssi?” I questioned.  A tiny girl sitting on top of her father’s shoulder was wildly waving her hand in the air. 

“Are you Lee Youngmi-ssi?” The interviewer shouted.  The tiny girl nodded her head and I smiled in approval. 

“Please call me Seja Oppa.” I laughed. 

“Seja Oppa, saranghaeyo!” She made a tiny heart with her petite fingers and the audience giggled in response. 

“Awww, wasn’t that cute?” The interviewer cooed.  “The last question is asked by Kwon Jinhee-ssi, ‘Along with many others, I’m curious about Seja’s future.  Since Seja is close to his coming of age, will his wedding be planned anytime soon?’”

A silence swept through the crowd.  At that very moment, out of the corner of my eye I caught Ahbamama and Uhmamama exchanging glances.  The exchanging of glances… it’s all too familiar.  I know they’re up to something. 

----

Glossary

ahbamama (아바마마) - a respectful way to say Father to the King by his children

gyeongbokgung (경복궁) - a royal palace located in Seoul, South Korea, "Palace of Shining Happiness"

jeonha (전하) - the Korean term for King

joongjunmama (중준마마) - the Korean term for Queen

seja (세자) - the Korean term for Prince

uhmamama (엄마마마) - a respectful way to say Mother to the Queen by her children

----

Hello everyone!  Chapter 2 of APLS is up, ahahaha.  It's probably more interesting than the utterly boring first chapter OTL.  Please comment because it'll give us more motivation, silent readers!  For those of you who are new readers, click the subscribe button!  Thanks so much, we'll try our best to update soon! :3