A New Place, A Fresh Start

A Princess Love Story

Infinite; Real Story

----

New York, USA | Present

Setting – Jinae’s House | 1:00 PM

----

It was a quiet and peaceful Saturday in the Jung household.  Jinae went shopping with some friends, Jinyoung was upstairs in his room reading, Minho was browsing the net in the living room, and Minyoung was cleaning the kitchen.  All of a sudden Minho jumped, about to let out a high-pitched squeak, but he covered his mouth just in time.  He sneaked into the kitchen and signaled Minyoung to follow him inside the living room.  He jutted his finger at the laptop screen, where an email was opened.  She bent down to get a better look and her eyes quickly skimmed through the email in fear.  She stumbled back a little, but Minho caught her in his arms before she could fall.

“Yeobo, what do we do?” Minyoung whispered, her wide, fearful eyes staring up at Minho. 

“We need to do as we promised… it’s time.” he replied, while enveloping her into a warm hug.

“But, she’s not ready, she hasn’t even turned 18 yet.” she sobbed, clinging onto his chest. 

“Don’t worry, nothing will be official until she turns 18.  That’s what the contract states. Let’s call Jinyoung down and discuss this matter during lunch.” he replied softly while smoothing out her hair.

At lunch, they talked about the email that Minho received from the South Korean Royal Administration.  Jinyoung wasn’t completely taken aback; he knew the days were nearing.   

“Well, they definitely need to prepare Jinae before the big announcement.  Although we have all done a good job of raising her into a beautiful and cute girl, I can’t really imagine her becoming the Crown Princess of Korea yet.”  Jinyoung said cracking a grin.   

Both parents nodded in agreement.  By now Minyoung was calm, as they all knew this day was going to come sooner or later.  Besides, it was an anticipated event.  Although this event is significant, Jinae had grown up without having to worry about it.  If they told her without hesitation, she would have a breakdown and refuse to go to Korea.  Thus, they had to come up with a plan.

“Here’s what I have in mind,” Jinyoung started.

----

New York, USA | Present

Setting – Jinae’s House | 6:30 PM

Outfits

----

“I’m home!” I shouted from the doorway.   

“Let’s go eat, Umma finished cooking dinner already,” Jinyoung Oppa smiled at me sweetly, while he took the shopping bags from my hands.

I cautiously handed them over to him.

“Why are you being so nice to me today?” I asked.

“Oh come on, I’m always nice to you, you just never seem to notice!” Oppa said while pinching my cheek.

“Aish, let’s go eat!” I said while linking my arms with his, hopping towards the kitchen.

As we walked in, Appa picked me up and spun me around in circles.

“Jinae, uri aegi!  How was shopping, did you buy anything?” he questioned. 

“Neh Appa, I bought things for you and Umma as well.”  I beamed.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jinyoung scrunching up his face in dismay. 

“Jinyoung Oppa too!” I exclaimed, giving him an eye smile. 

Immediately, he grinned in response.    

“Jinae-ah, come sit down at the table now.  The food is getting cold dear, and I made all your favourite dishes today.”  My beautiful Umma said, while placing the last dish onto the dining table.

“Neh!” I replied, as we all took our respective seats around the table. 

“Wow it’s really all of my favourites dishes! Ddeokbokki, Soondubu Chigae, Kimchi Jeon and Kalbi! Thanks Umma, I love you!” I reached across the table to hug my Umma.

“I love you too, Jinae.” she replied. 

“Let’s eat now shall we?” Appa questioned. 

“Jal meokkesseumnida!” we chorused. 

We had just started eating when my Appa declared he had an announcement to make.

“Jinae-ah, I know this might be too sudden, but we’ll be going through some major changes in the next month.” he started.

“What kind of changes Appa?” I said, while gorging down my food. 

“Promise you won’t get too shocked okay?” Appa asked me.

“Okay!” I piped with a tiny smile. 

“We’re moving… to Korea.” Appa replied.

“Oh okay, that’s no prob- WAIT WHAT?” I shrieked, when what Appa said finally sinked in.

“WE’RE MOVING TO KOREA?!” I shouted.

“Neh, I have a lot of business to do in Korea.  Your Umma, Jinyoung Oppa, and I have all decided that the best option was to move to Korea, unless you want to continue your studies here alone.” Appa murmured.

“No, we’ll go to Korea together.  I’m not staying here alone.” I retorted, as tears welled up in my eyes.

Jinyoung Oppa softly patted my head.

“When are we leaving?” I asked hesitantly.

“We’ll be leaving next week Jinae.  We’ve already dropped you and your Oppa out of school.” Appa answered softly.

“What, already?” I answered, tears rolling down my cheek. 

“Don’t cry, our big baby!  We’ll have a lot of fun.  You won’t have to go to school for a while since we have to settle down, so we can go sightseeing and tour around all the cities okay?  I promise!” Oppa smiled brightly, using his hand to wipe away my tears.

“But I have to leave my friends, this house that I’ve lived in for more than a decade… and the United States.” I sniffled.

“We’ll be able to visit, okay?” Oppa stuck his pinky finger out at me.

I meekly looked up at him and the rest of my family around the table. Everyone’s gaze was full of eagerness and concern.  As long as my family is happy, I’ll agree with their decision.

I wiped away the rest of tears and hooked my pinky with Jinyoung Oppa’s pinky.

“Okay, at least I don’t have to do my test on Monday!  I didn’t really study for it yet.” I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.

Everyone laughed and Jinyoung Oppa pulled me into a hug.

“Don’t worry, everything will be just fine…” he said gently as he patted my back softly.  I wrapped my arms around his neck, as long as I have my family, I’ll be able to adjust myself in any environment.

----

After School; Play Ur Love

----

South Korea, Seoul | Present

Setting – Hotel | 9:00 PM

Outfits

----

It has been only two weeks since the Jung family left the States for Korea.  For the time being, they were simply living in a five-star hotel.  Everyone had gotten iPhones to keep in contact with each other and they had done some sightseeing around Korea, as a family and in pairs. 

Today, they visited the infamous amusement park, Lotte World.  Jinae ran around like a child, pulling her family onto all the rides.  By the end of the day, she was completely exhausted and Jinyoung had to carry her home.  When they reached their penthouse-styled hotel room, Jinyoung brought Jinae to her room and slowly tucked her into bed.  He bent down and gave her a kiss on the forehead, before he quietly closed the door and left the room.

He walked towards his own bedroom, closed the door, and leaped onto his bed.  He took his iPhone out of his pocket and started scrolling through his contacts until he landed on the name, “Prince Sandeul”.

"Sandeullie!  So are we going to do this or what?"

"Jinyoungie, of course!  Shall we set up the meeting for the day after tomorrow?"

"Okay, but make sure he knows that he can’t reveal his identity.  Jinae doesn’t know about it yet…"

"You still haven’t told her, Hyung?  Hmm, leave it to me." 

"We’ll decide the details later.  I’ll just tell her that I’m setting her up on a blind date!"

"I’ll do the same.  In this way, they’ll get to know one another before the huge event happens.  We’re doing them a favour!"

"Yeah, I know right?  Hopefully they’ll like each other."

"I’m sure they will!" 

"Alright, I’m going to sleep now.  I had a long day!  Goodnight Sandeullie."

"Goodnight Hyung!" 

Jinyoung crawled under his covers, extending the blankets over his head.  He had to get as much rest as possible, as tomorrow was going to be an important day.  He had to make preparations for the blind date… Jinae has no clue what she’s in for.

----

Readers of APLS!  Our apologies for failing to update ahaha.  Also, Gongchan & Jinae's meeting will be delayed.  Originally, it was supposed to be embedded in this chapter, but it would’ve been too rushed.  Please bear with us, as they will be meeting in the following chapter.  Furthermore, Jinyoung & Sandeul are going to be playing matchmaker!  Please remember to subscribe and comment.  Just to minimize confusion, Minho and Minyoung are the names of Jinyoung and Jinae's parents (yes, they are supposed to resemble Park Minyoung & Lee Minho).  Oh & if the conversation between Jinyoung & Sandeul was difficult to understand, Jinyoung's font is Arial & Sandeul's font is Georgia.  뿅~