The Day Her Life Changed

Delinquents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV.

 

Hyorin quickly rushed into the store, mentally sobbing as hard as could, after dropping her brother off at school.

Hyorin barged into the little café shop and ran towards the staff room, searching for the old man who ran the family business for this shop.

"Song Hyorin." A stern voice called out.

Hyorin turned around, still mentally crying in her head, and tried to do her best aegyo on the man that stood in front of her.

Hyorin gulped as the man frowned and stared at her.

"Hyorin, I get that you're going through a rough patch in your life but I also can not expect you to be late every day!"

Hyorin hung her head, totally ashamed and started to mutter an apology; making the man roll his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Hyorin, because I have no choice but to fire you."

Hyorin's eyes snapped open. "What? No! Sir, you have to understand! If I lose this job, I lose everything-

The man rolled his eyes yet again. "I understand, Hyorin, that's the reason why I gave you the job. Aside from the reason you can cook perfectly well but I apologize."

The man walked away, quietly muttering to himself "Never ever will I hire a damn teenager again,"

Though he was not quiet enough as Hyorin heard him loud and clear. She groaned in frustration, stomping her feet on the ground like Sungjong would.

The girl walked out of the shop with her life tearing apart one by one and started to walk home. She checked her watch and saw that there was still plenty of time before she had to go pick up Sungjong.

Hyorin walked home with her head down, making her bump into people who cursed at her. Some even scoffed thinking that a rebellious teenager was trying to skip school.

The thing was though that Hyorin stopped going to school last year; it didn't matter though as Hyorin was really smart. Her Father, who got abandoned by his wealthy family after he said he wanted to elope with her middle-class mother, had studied at Harvard. Hyorin didn't care though and she was proud of her Dad for not caring about his family's opinion and loving her Mother till the end. The lass wished she would find someone so dedicated to love like her parents were. Her Father once told her that yes, they did struggle. Especially him since he was spoiled all of his life but they got by it because they have a lovely daughter and an amazing son.

Hyorin's father would always teach her amazing skills as he was brilliant in his studies and her Mother would teach her great skills

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter