The Day She Got Fired

Delinquents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapters will be labelled "The Day She.."

Or sometimes even "He" depending on what the chapter is about. 

 

Narrator's POV.

 

Song Hyorin woke up with a sigh, stretching her arms out. She blinked a few times - trying to focus on her surroundings and to get the sleep out of her eyes.

She squinted as the sunlight came pouring in and turned to look at her alarm clock. 

Hyorin stopped for a millisecond before turning around in a flash and staring at the clock in shock.

"HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS, I'M LATE. AGAIN."

Hyorin started to panic. Since she was 17, it was impossible for Hyorin to get employed anywhere. Most managers wanted a responsible person not some "silly high-school girl" as they described. Before the death of Hyorin's parents, (which happened a year ago, when the poor girl was just 16) the lass needed to work anyway as their family was not that rich.

The thing was though, that Hyorin did not need to work as much as she did now. Hyorin only used to deliver newspapers and milk cartons before school started.

The harsh reality hit her in the face when she realized that she needed to maintain a roof over her and her brother's heads if she didn't want her brother and herself to be put into foster care because lets be real, the chances of the two getting to live with the same family was zero. 

The government gave Hyorin a chance; they said that as long as the girl could feed and give her sibling a good education and a roof over their heads, they could live together. 

One thing Hyorin could not afford to loose nowadays was her job as she only had one left. Hyorin had wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter