My True Love [3/?]

My True Love

CHAPTER 3

Donghae arrives at the 11th floor and proceeds to the room.

He was relieved that Yoona’s not mad at him anymore. He sighs and enters the room.

He’s greeted by his hyungs and dongsaengs.

“Hyung, let’s eat.” Ryeowook invited him.

He smiles at his dongsaeng, “Yeah, sure.”

“Hae, you didn’t see Eunhyuk on your way back here?” Leeteuk asks, obviously worried for his dongsaeng.

“Hyukkie? No, hyung. Why?” he asks Leeteuk, getting worried and suddenly guilty. He forgot about his best friend.

He was about to ask what happened when they hear someone shouts Eunhyuk’s name.

They immediately run to the door.

Donghae saw Eunhyuk, completely soaked, because of the rain.

“Hyuk! You’re soaking wet!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“I’ll get towels.” Ryeowook said, disappearing from the scene. 

Everyone was fussing over Eunhyuk. He didn’t mean to. He didn’t know that it would rain, and that he’d see… He was suddenly feeling guilty for making them all worry.

“I’m sorry guys. But I’m really okay.” He said, smiling.

“Hyukjae, drop it. We all know that you immediately get a fever after staying out in the rain!” Leeteuk exclaimed, “And you should be home hours ago! Where were you?” he added, slightly angry.

“Teukie, calm down.” He said softly, putting an arm around him.

“Hyung, I’m sorry.” Eunhyuk said sadly. He didn’t want his hyungs to be mad at him; he also doesn’t want them to worry.

Ryeowook returns with towels. He handed one to Eunhyuk to dry himself, and he does the same.

“Come on hyung. You have to take a bath. I’ve prepared the bath for you.” He guided Eunhyuk to the bathroom.

Everyone was silent. They didn’t know that it get this worse.

“Hyung, what happened?” he directly asks Leeteuk. 

“He and his girlfriend… just… broke up…” it wasn’t Leeteuk who answered, but Donghae.

“What?? It’s happening again?” Shindong asks sadly. He can’t believe that his dongsaeng is suffering all over again.

No one answered. They just looked at each other. Suddenly, Donghae moves and goes to the door, he opens it and before he could go out, someone calls out after him.

“Hae! Wait! Where are you going?” Sungmin asks, hurrying after him.

When he reached the door, Donghae already left.

&&

Donghae was walking very fast, not caring whether he was bumping someone. He hears his phone ringing but he ignores it.

He stops when he reaches his destination. He reached the park where he and Eunhyuk met. It was also his special place.

He sat down at his usual place. He slumps down. And after a few minutes, he calms down. He doesn’t know why, but this place calms him down fast.

He never thought that he’d forget his best friend, even for just a while. He constantly worries for Eunhyuk, because he’s easy to tease and he’s too kind, which is dangerous when someone decides to use him. Even when he’s with Yoona, he can’t help but often think of Eunhyuk. 

He thinks of the recent events that happened in the past few days. He thinks of Eunhyuk, who was again suffering. It happened before, but this was much worse. He felt really sorry for his best friend. 

‘Aish… you’re so useless Lee Donghae…’ he thought.

He felt really useless because he didn’t do anything for his best friend. He hates himself for it. 

He remembers someone called him earlier. He pulls out his phone and checks his call log.

“Yoona…” he reads. He sighs.

He can remember well when he first saw Yoona. He was attracted by her good looks. She’s sweet and fun to be with. But she’s a really demanding girlfriend at times. Donghae loves his girlfriend. But when it comes to Eunhyuk, he just can’t stand not doing anything for his best friend.

He thought for a while. He’s thinking of spending more time with Eunhyuk. He misses him a lot, and he thinks he’s not comforting him that much as before. He wants to spend all his time with his Eunhyuk. He stops after he remembers one problem. Yoona.

He has to talk to her first. She isn’t actually the its-okay-to-spend-with-your-bestfriend type. She’s possessive and demanding, and not exactly the understanding type either.

He dials and waits for her to answer.

“Oppa~~! What’s the matter? We just met earlier and…” she said, giggling.

He waited for a while. He knows where their conversation would end. He sighs.

“Yoona, we won’t be meeting this week--” he was immediately interrupted by her.

“EH?? But why oppa??” she asks, whining like a child.

“Well, I’m going to spend my week with Hyukk--, Uhh, Eunhyuk…” he said, almost saying Eunhyuk’s nickname, which Yoona doesn’t like, one bit.

“Eh!? But! Oppa!! I’m the girlfriend here!!” she said, getting irritated.

“Yes, you are. But Eunhyuk needs me now. He’s suffering. And its only for a week.” He said.

“The other oppas can comfort him!”

“No, I should be the one to comfort him! I’m his best friend.” He said, losing his patience with her.

“Aish! You’re always worrying for him! Do whatever you want! I don’t care!” she shouts at him and hungs up.

“Wait! Yoona--! Aish!” he said irritably. Why is it she’s always the one to hung up first anyway?

Suddenly, his phone rings again. Did Yoona change her mind?

“Yoboseyo? Yoona, I--” he started, but he was interrupted by a very familiar voice.

“Yah! Fish! Wait for the other person to answer!” heechul shouts at him.

“H-Heechul hyung? Uhh, sorry.” He exclaims.

“Obviously.” He said a matter-of-factly.

He was about to answer when Heechul interrupts him again.

“Fish, go buy some medicine. The anchovy’s sick.”

“Eh? He’s sick?--”

“I just told you that Donghae, now go and buy the medicine, NOW!” he shouts again at Donghae and hungs up.

‘Argh! Everyone gets to hung up first!’ he sighs.

Donghae begins to worry, he knew his best friend, and if he’s sick, it would last for days or worse weeks. Last time he was sick he was hospitalized for 2 weeks, Donghae thought he was never going to be cured.

He stands up and goes to the nearest drugstore.

&&

Eunhyuk lies in his bed unmoving. He felt weak all over. He strength was nowhere to be found.

He’s thankful for all the members who were taking care of him.

In all of his past relationship, they were always there for him. He sometimes fond strength in them. In those times, he tries hard to be strong, and he doesn’t give up on the hope of finding his true love. But now, he can’t seem to find the strength to be strong. What he feels now is unbearable and indescribable. He wants to give up, on finding his true love. 

&&

He feels someone waking him from his sleep. He stirs and brushes the person off. His head was hurting too much. He wants to sleep more.

“Hyukkie… wake up…” 

He heard a familiar voice; it was gentle as a prince’s voice. But his eyes still forces him to sleep more.

“Hyukkie, come on… you have to drink your meds now.” Another voice said, and shakes him gently.

“Mmm… later… please…” he mumbled.

“Hyuk, come on. Get up!” the voice said, getting angry.

Eunhyuk didn’t want to get up. But hearing the voice tells him he’s going to regret it if he doesn’t. ‘Just a little bit more…’

“Yah! Lee Hyukjae! Get up now! And I mean NOW!!” the voice bellowed, and causes Eunhyuk to suddenly get up.

“Hyung! Argh!” he hisses in pain. His headache obviously didn’t want to be disturbed.

“Hyuk, I’m sorry. But you really have to eat and drink your meds,” he stopped and put his palm on Eunhyuk’s forehead, “See! You’re burning up! Eat!” he exclaims.

“Hyung! I’m perfectly okay!--” he started to protest but then hisses again in pain.

“Who in the world told you that?” Kyuhyun asks, entering the room. He walks toward Leeteuk.

“Kyu, what is it?” Leeteuk asks.

“Kangin hyung told me to tell you that he’s going to punish you if you don’t come up now.” He said, smirking.

Leeteuk’s eyes widen as he suddenly remembers something, then storms out of the room.

Kyuhyun laughs and looks at the remaining people in the room. Then he thinks of an idea, with an evil grin on his face.

Donghae ignores his dongsaeng and starts to feed Eunhyuk when suddenly Kyuhyun sits at the other side of Eunhyuk. ‘What the hell?’ 

Kyuhyun does the unexpected. He hugs Eunhyuk.

“K-Kyu!? W-what are you doing??” Eunhyuk exclaims, his face turning to bright red at their maknae’s gesture.

Donghae stared at Kyuhyun wide eyed. He can’t let anyone else hug Eunhyuk. He’s the only one allowed to do that.

“Yah! Kyuhyun! Let go of Hyukkie! He has to eat!” he shouted at the evil maknae.

“But hyung, I want to hug him more! It’s your problem how you’ll feed him.” He hugs Eunhyuk tightly.

Donghae just lost his patience with the maknae. “YAH! CHO KYUHYUN!” he bellows at the maknae, glaring into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

Kyuhyun looks at Donghae and sees what he was looking for, smirk forming his lips.

He lets go of Eunhyuk.

“Chill hyung. I was just checking up on Hyukkie hyung.” Kyuhyun said plainly, he chuckles at Donghae who twitched as he heard him call Eunhyuk with his nickname, that Donghae gave him.

‘Damn maknae.’ He curses.

He turns to Eunhyuk, “You’re really hot hyung, I hope you get better soon.” He smiles at his hyung and stood up, leaving the room.

Eunhyuk smiles at his dongsaeng’s concern. But he thinks their maknae’ s really weird sometimes. Maybe too much starcraft?

Donghae just sighs and returned to Eunhyuk’s food and continued to feed him.

“Here Hyukkie, ahh~~” he said, bringing the spoon towards Eunhyuk’s mouth.

He’s surprised when Eunhyuk rejects it. 

“Uhm… I can eat by myself.” He said, suddenly feeling awkward by the fact that they were alone.

“But…” he said. He fell silent; he’s actually really hurt by his best friend’s gesture.

Eunhyuk glances at him and he can see that Donghae was sad. He looks into his best friends eyes, and he can clearly see that he had hurt his best friend. Suddenly, he regrets rejecting the food. He hates seeing his best friend, the most important person in his life, hurt. Most of all, the reason he was hurt was because of him.

“Yah! What are you sad for? I’m only kidding Hae…” he grins at Donghae, “Yah! Come on! I’m hungry Lee Donghae!” he snaps at Donghae.

Donghae looks at Eunhyuk’s gummy smile. He really misses that smile of his.

“Idiot monkey! Never do that again! Tsk, it hurts.” He pouts at Eunhyuk.

He chuckles, “You’re still childish as ever Hae!” he teased his best friend. 

Donghae grins, and starts to feed Eunhyuk. “You’re going to finish all this up, and you’ll be better in no time!”

“Bleh! But its porridge! You know that I don’t like it. If you’ll give me a carton of strawberry milk, or maybe a strawberry cake, or anything that’s strawberry, then I’m going to be cured in seconds!” Eunhyuk said, smiling.

Donghae laughs at Eunhyuk’s remark. He was glad that his best friend’s happy, even though he knows he’s still hurting somewhere inside. He knows Eunhyuk’s holding up.

&&

He looks at his best friend’s happy face. He was glad that Donghae’s happy now. He can’t bear seeing him hurt or sad because of him, even for a second.

It was hard trying to laugh when you’re really hurt, especially when the one who hurt you is the very person that you love the most.

‘Love? As a best friend, right?’ he thought.

He turned his attention back at Donghae as he shoved another spoonful of porridge.

He would do anything for his best friend, even though it hurts him.

&&

After 2 days, Eunhyuk miraculously recovered. The members were a little surprise at his fast recovery, but they were extremely happy that their monkey was with them again.

Eunhyuk was also happy that he was back to work. He missed working with the members again. He’s joking and playing around with all of them, and eating more than usual.

Donghae spent all his time and effort in taking care of him. But he can’t help hurting as he remembers what he saw on that rainy night. It bothers him at night. As a result, he got more confused with his feelings for his best friend.

They were currently in a photo shoot and they were on a break. Eunhyuk sat a sofa and started playing a game from his phone. Donghae immediately rushes to him and hugs him tightly.

“Hyukkie~~!” he said cheerfully.

“Hae! Stop doing that.” He said, blushing.

“Hyukkie~~ let’s go on a vacation!” he said, looking at Eunhyuk.

“Eh? A vacation? Now?” he looks at Donghae.

“Yeah, Come on. Let’s go!” he said, grinning at Eunhyuk.

“Yah! What’s this I hear about vacation??” a man walking up to them.

‘Uh-oh.’ Donghae thought.

“Uhh, manager, can you please allow me and Hyukkie to take a vacation?” he pleaded to their manager, using his famous puppy dog eyes technique.

“Actually, I was really planning for all of you to go on a vacation.” He smiled at both of them.

“Eh! All of us??” Donghae whined, “But, I only want the two of us to go.” He pouts at their manager.

“Yah Lee Donghae! So selfish! I want to spend time with Hyukkie too.” Sungmin said, taking a seat beside Eunhyuk.

“Yah! You have Kyuhyun!” he snaps at Sungmin.

“But you don’t own Hyukkie, you have Yoona.” He snaps back at Donghae.

Eunhyuk can’t help but to be sad about hearing what Sungmin said. But still, it was true.

Donghae suddenly fell silent. He forgot about that fact.

“Yah! What’s this about us having a vacation?” Heechul asks, entering the room, followed by the other members.

“You heard right, you all are going on a vacation. And Heechul, I’m your hyung, respect me.” He said.

Heechul just smirks at him.

“But what about you manager?” Ryeowok being the gentle and kind person he is, asks the manager.

“I won’t be going, I’ve got too much work that I need to finish. And besides, you guys literally ignore me anyways.” He said, feigning that he was hurt.

“But manager! You always sleep! So we really don’t want to bother you.” Leeteuk protested, so did others.

“Okay okay. Well, you boys just enjoy your short vacation.” The manager said.

“Wait, where are we going exactly?” someone asked and they suddenly became curious.

“To Mokpo” the manager said.

“Eh?? Not there again, we went there last time.” Heechul whined.

“Yah! Heechul hyung!” Donghae shouts at him, it was his hometown.

“Fish! Respect me!” he smirks at his dongsaeng.

“It’s actually different this time guys, the manager’s not going with us.” Kangin said.

“It doesn’t really have a difference wether he’s with us or not, he’s always sleeping.” Kyuhyun said plainly.

“Yah! You maknae!!” the manager shouts at him.

Everyone laughs at them. Eunhyuk was really happy at what’s happening. He’s really going to enjoy this short vacation.