My True Love [2/?]

My True Love

CHAPTER 2
Donghae froze. His heart started to beat faster. He suddenly draws back and he sits up. And looks nervously at his best friend. 

“Hae…” Eunhyuk looks at Donghae. “What are you doing? Come here and sleep more…mmm…” he said as he drifted of again.

Donghae sighs with relief. He’s glad that Eunhyuk was only half awake. He cannot believe himself. He felt like wants to kiss Eunhyuk. He immediately erases the thought in his mind. What was he thinking?

‘What the hell Lee Donghae! He’s your best friend, and besides, you already have a girlfriend…’ he slaps himself. 

He stands up, and goes to the door; he looks at his sleeping best friend once again and finally exits the door.

&&

Eunhyuk stirs in his sleep. He dreams of his girlfriend. Doing something, he feared all his life.

“We have to break up…”

“NOOO!!” Eunhyuk screams, suddenly wakes up, because of the dream.

He looks around; he was surprised to be in his room. He doesn’t remember returning to the dorm. ‘How did I get back?’ he thought. Then he suddenly remembers the painful incident that happened yesterday. And he remembers Donghae hugging him, while he’s crying like a child. ‘I must’ve cried myself to sleep…’ 

Suddenly the door bursts open and he saw the member’s worried faces. Ryeowook speaks first and approaches Eunhyuk.

“Hyung, are you alright??” he looks at Eunhyuk with a worried expression.

“Hyukkie, what happened?” Sungmin asks, so does Shindong, Siwon, and Kibum.

He looks at s’ faces, all filled with concern, that just made Eunhyuk teary eyed. He was by far touched bye his hyung’s and dongsaeng’s concern. He didn’t want to cry, so he tilted his head upward and said.

“I’m alright. I just thought the ceiling was going to fall.” He said, and then he turned and smiled at them.

Some chuckled, while others sighed with relief, except Kyuhyun, who was frowning at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk does not notice because he was looking at the other members. 

“Hyung, that’s ridiculus.” Kibum said, chuckling.

“I agree hyung.” Siwon said, smiling at Eunhyuk.

“But why are eyes so puffy?” Sungmin asks, curious.

“Uhh…” he didn’t know what to answer. He can’t tell them that his girlfriend broke up with him.

“He and his girlfriend watched a drama last night.” Kyuhyun said. He suddenly felt saving Eunhyuk. ‘You owe me hyung…’ he thought.

Eunhyuk only nods and looks at Kyuhyun curiously. But he was thankful that he was saved. 

“Aish, yah! Eunhyuk, you just disturbed my breakfast! Come on, let’s eat!” Shindong said, and was the first one to exit the room.

The others followed, except Kyuhyun.

Eunhyuk looks at Kyuhyun with a confused expression. He has a hunch that Kyuhyun knows. But how did he know? ‘Did Hae already told him?’ he thought.

“Kyu, what is it?” Eunhyuk forced a smile.

“Are you really alright hyung?” he asks, looking at Eunhyuk with a serious expression.

‘No…’ he thought. But he can’t say no. He wasn’t ready yet to announce the break up between he and his girlfriend.

“Of course I’m alright Kyu, the same as always.” He forced another smile.

Kyuhyun can’t stand Eunhyuk’s forced smile. He knew Eunhyuk’s smile and it was totally different from what he’s seeing right now. And definitely knew his hyung was lying. Why can’t he just admit it?

“Nothing. Let’s eat hyung.” He said, exiting the room.

When everyone left, he let the tears fall. He was having a hard time trying not to cry in front of the members. 

He hugged his knees and cried.

&&

Everyone was eating at the dining room, when someone notices Eunhyuk was not there.

“Hey, I thought Hyukkie’s already up? How come he’s not here yet?” Sungmin asked.

The members look at each other. They suddenly felt that something was wrong.

“Hmm, do you think something’s wrong??” Shindong asks.

Kyuhyun looks at the members. He knew he can’t tell them what’s happening, it wouldn’t be fair to Eunhyuk.

“Maybe he just extended his sleep. I’ll go check on him.” He stands up and goes to Eunhyuk’s room.

The door was slightly open. He was about to go in when he hears quiet sobs coming from inside the room. Instead, he knocks.

“Hyung, come on, let’s eat. The others are waiting.” He said and waited for Eunhyuk’s response.

Eunhyuk wipes his face immediately and stands, adjusting himself. “Okay Kyu, I’ll be right there.”

Kyuhyun just nods and goes back to the dining room.

&&


“There! More for the camera!” the photographer said. “Okay! One more…” he finally clicks the shutter button, “Okay! That’s a wrap!” he said, going to the computer. He suddenly stops and looks at Donghae.

“Donghae, your shoots were not good. Please don’t let you personal life interfere with your work.” He snapped and left.

Donghae was about to say something but the photographer already left. He looks at his hyung, who were also looking at him.

“Donghae, you should stop worrying about Eunhyuk.” Leeteuk said with concern in his eyes.
Leeteuk, being the leader and the eldest in the group, helps and protects his dongsaengs. He is considered as the ‘umma’ by the members.

Donghae looks at Leeteuk. Of course, he was worried but it doesn’t mean that that was the reason he didn’t do good at the shoot. Maybe he was just tired.

“Yeah Donghae. I’m sure Eunhyuk’s holding up,” said Kangin. And if there’s a mother, there must be a father. 

Kangin is Leeteuk’s boyfriend. He has a strong built and he can be intimidating at first, but he’s really fun to be with. Leeteuk being soft, he’s the one who’s tough and complements Leeteuk, thus him being the ‘appa’ of the group.

The other members, Heechul, and Hankyung agreed. News about the break up of Eunhyuk and his girlfriend already reached the boys who’re living on the 12th floor.

“Hyungs, I know that. But that’s not the reason. I’m just tired, that’s all.” He said, brushing off the topic.

“Tsk, stubborn fish!” Heechul muttered, annoyed.

“Chullie, stop that.” Hankyung nudged his boyfriend.

Heechul looks at Hankyung with an annoyed expression and goes to back to the dressing room. Hankyung immediately follows.

All of the members know that Eunhyuk and Donghae are in love with each other, but they don’t realize it because they’re stuck with the idea of them being best friends. So they decided to wait for the two to find their real feelings.

Donghae sits at the sofa and puls out his phone. He’s thinking whether to call his best friend or not. Just to check up on him. 

Suddenly, his phone rings, it was his girlfriend.

“Oppa~~” the girl said in a cute voice.

“Yoona…” he said, slightly irritated.

“Oppa~~ Let’s go out~~ Please, come on, I’m bored…” she said, whining like a child.

Donghae brows creased as he hears his girlfriends demand. “Not now, I’m still busy.”

“Oppa~~ Please! Let’s just go!” she demanded.

“Aish! I just said I’m busy! Don’t you--!” he stop, realizing that he was shouting at his girlfriend on the phone.

Yoona fell silent. Apparently, she was too stunned too speak. Donghae never shouted at her like this.

“Yoona… I… I’m sorry, I’m just--” he started to apologize when she started to shout.

“Fine, whatever! I don’t care!!” she shouted at Donghae and hung up.

Donghae just sighs and curses himself. What was happening to him?

‘I really am tired…’ he thought and went to the dressing room.

&&

Donghae and Yoona met at Heechul’s birthday. When they saw each other; it was immediately love at first sight. They met after the party, and after a few dates, they were officially in a relationship.

It was okay at first, but Yoona suddenly got more demanding for attention, and sometimes Donghae just can’t stand it. So instead of them being sweet, they always get into arguments. 

The other members know about this, but they didn’t interfere with it. They knew Donghae is stubborn and they didn’t want to have an argument with him.

Only Eunhyuk was the one to talk to Donghae when it comes to having problems with Yoona. He’s always there to comfort Donghae. Sometimes, they always end up arguing too. But Eunhyuk just sweet talks Donghae knowing that he can’t resist his best friend, he loves him too much.

Donghae also loves his girlfriend. But sometimes, he’s thinking whether it was true or not.

&&

The members on the 11th floor were watching when the members who had the photo shoot arrived.

“Everyone, were home.” Leeteuk said excitedly, as he greeted his dongsaengs. Kangin looks at his lover; he’s really like a mom. He smiled.

“Hyung!” Ryeowook runs to Yesung and hugged him tightly. 

“Kyuhyunnie!” Sungmin exclaimed, excited to see his boyfriend once again. “I missed you so much.”

“Wookie, we were gone for just one day.” He said but gladly hugged his boyfriend tightly.

“Yeah, Minnie.” He sighed, but he was glad that they’re back.

“Yah! Get a room!” Heechul teased at his two dongsaengs, grinning.

The two pairs suddenly breaks the hug, Ryeowook and Sungmin both blushed. 

“I-I’m going to prepare your food now.” He said as he proceeded into the kitchen.

Eunhyuk greeted his hyungs and was disappointed that he didn’t see Donghae. Curious, he asked the hyungs where Donghae was.

“Hyungs, where’s Donghae?” he looks at each of them.

The others looks at each other. Heechul was the one who answered Eunhyuk.

“He went to meet with Yoona.” He said plainly.

“Oh…” Eunhyuk said, pain escaping his voice. He didn’t know but he was really hurt, which he thinks is not normal, because Yoona was Donghae’s girlfriend. He was just his best friend. And that thought suddenly stabbed him at the heart.

He suddenly felt everyone was watching him. He chuckled a little.

“Ah! Uhh, I’m j-just curious, that’s all.” He smiled sadly, “I’m going to go out for a bit, I remembered we were out of strawberry milk.” He added and went to his room to get his jacket.

Leeteuk and the others fell silent. They knew how hurt Eunhyuk was. It hurts to see him like that. What more was that they couldn’t do anything about it.

Ryeowook appears and tells them the food is ready. When he noticed their worried faces, he stops, and asks.

“Hyungs? What’s wrong?” he asks them.

Suddenly, Eunhyuk got out of his room and bid goodbye to the members.

“Uhh… Bye hyung…” he waved, with a confused look on his face.

&&

Eunhyuk walks slowly along the sidewalk. Taking his time, he doesn’t want to go back early and see the members worried.

He suddenly stops when he realizes where he was. It was the park, the place where he and Donghae first met. He smiled as he took a seat at a nearby bench.

He looks around; he smiles when he noticed the place didn’t change. He was glad for that. He treasures the place very much. It was his special place.

Every time he had an argument with his girlfriend, he would always come here. Even after break ups, he’d come here and sit for hours. It was funny because the place brings him painful memories, but he still comes, because it too reminds him of good memories.

He remembers when he and Donghae fought over something. Donghae was really upset, and so was he. After their argument, he came to his special place. 

He calms down after thinking through. He decides to just apologize to Donghae. He was about to stand up when someone sits beside him and hands him a carton of strawberry milk. He was surprised to see his best friend, Donghae.

“I’m sorry Hyukkie…” he said.

Eunhyuk took the strawberry milk and opened it and sipped. Then he looks at Donghae.

“Yah! Lee Donghae! Just remember that I’m always right!” he exclaimed and grinned at his bestfriend.

Donghae returned the smile and hugged Eunhyuk very tight that he almost choked.

“H-Hae… C-Can’t breathe…” he managed to say.

“Oh. Sorry.” He lets go, still grinning at him.

They sat there for a while, admiring the sunset.

“You know what Hyukkie?” he said to Eunhyuk, but still looking at the sky.

“Hm? What?” Eunhyuk said, looking at Donghae.

Donghae looks at him and said, “You’re one of the most important people in my life… because, you’re my best friend.”


Eunhyuk suddenly wakes up because of droplets of rain, touched his face. After a few minutes, the rain started to pour.

He, who only has his jacket, ran. By the time he reached the corner, he was soaking wet.

He sees the dorm, ‘Almost there…’ he thought.

Suddenly, he sees two figures at the entrance of the dorm. When he recognizes the two, he slowly comes to a stop.

He looks at his best friend and his girlfriend, kissing like there’s no tomorrow.

He couldn’t move. He couldn’t understand why, why he can’t move and why he feels 10 times as hurt seeing Donghae kissing someone. It was like his heart is being stabbed repeatedly.

Then he remembers what Donghae said in his dream. 

“…because, you’re my best friend.”

Tears started to fall uncontrollably on Eunhyuk’s face.