Final

Left Behind Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final Phase

 

“ Hyung.. Please you should be more responsible for what you’re doing, “ Junjin said as he tried to pull the blanket that cover his brother’s body to make him look like a big human cocoon.

“ Andwae! “ Hyesung stubbornly held his blanket as his life is depending on that thing, “ I must be drunk last night, I must be sleepwalking and call him without I realized it, call him and say that I’m sorry Jin-ah, “

“ Hyung.. Don’t be a coward, I know you’re conscious enough to do that, “ Junjin still struggling to pull the cover from Hyesung body.

“ No Junjin, I said no! “ Hyesung yell and pulled his blanket from Junjin’s hands

“ Fine then! “ Junjin raises his voice as well because now he can’t hold his anger anymore, “ Do whatever you want, I don’t care but don’t come to me if you regret it later ! “

Hyesung doesn’t say anything and just flinch when he hear his door being slammed. Hyesung slowly peck his head from his blanket. He feels bad for his brother, but his courage is all gone when he morning come, and his time to meet Eric is nearer. Until now he can’t believe to himself. Junjin is right, he was conscious enough to call Eric last night. He makes up his mind that before Eric departure, he will tell Eric everything about his feeling, he doesn’t care whether Eric believes him or will laugh at him but he just wants to clear up any misunderstanding between them. Even though is too late now, but didn’t people say better late than never?

But once again Hyesung’s fear eats him up. He is a coward and refused to leave his bed.

Crash!!

Hyesung startled when he heard a noise outside his window, he gets up from his bed, walking toward his window and open the curtain. The rain is pouring heavily. Hyesung’s mind fly to Eric. Did he really come in this weather? He wouldn’t, right?

-

Eric look at the window as the rain poured, he drinks his coffee and shift his eyes from the window to his watch. Almost an hour he sits in the corner of this café waiting for Hyesung. This seat was a witness for their first date years ago and Eric chooses to sit in this seat again because he wants to recall the memory and this spot is the best compare to the other seat.

Eric looks at his watch again, Hyesung already late for two hours now. His wonder is Hyesung still trapped in the traffic or due the weather he was unable to come. Eric then takes out his phone and try to call Hyesung but his phone is turning off. Eric sighed hard, try to swallow his disappointment once again. Last night,  when Hyesung call him feel like the sweetest dream he ever had since he doesn’t have much time in Korea and before he left, he wish to see Hyesung for the last time, at least he want to say a proper goodbye to him.

Eric glanced outside once again. The rain seemed to be falling down exceptionally heavy today. He was almost unable to distinguish anything in it. This was the kind of the weather where a lot of accidents may occur. “ I hope Hyesung will be okay, “

But another hour had passed and Hyesung still doesn’t come,  Eric quickly finished his fourth coffee and take his wallet and phone, then leave the café. Maybe Hyesung couldn’t come today..

-

Hyesung panting heavily as he made a mad dash from the bus stop that quite far from the café, he did a pause to wonder why he didn’t take the taxi. Fortunately, that he had his umbrella with him, even though it's not helping much“ Damn! “ Hyesung cursed as he almost runs into a trash can. The thick sheets of rain sliced through the sky, making it hard to see.

He finally made it to the café, he fold his umbrella and put it on the holder. He glances around try to find Eric. He turns his head toward their seat on the first date years ago and feel so down when Eric is not there. Maybe Eric doesn’t come. Hyesung then lower his head as he turned his body and walk slowly toward the exit.

He should just stay in his room, but he keeps having this uneasy feeling and decide to come here, but Eric is not here and he feels sad and relieved at the same time. Sad because he can’t see Eric for the last time (last, since tomorrow Eric will go abroad and it was impossible for him to come to the airport because Eric’s family will be there and he don’t want to die in Fanny’s hands), relieved because Eric not stupid enough to come in this kind of weather. He safe in his comfortable home.

He was about to take his umbrella when someone tapped his shoulder. Hyesung wish that it was Eric but disappointed when he found that it just a waiter.

“ Are you Hyesung ssi? “ Asked the waiter

Hyesung blinked his eyes and for a moment his mind went blank. He didn’t remember knowing the boy in front of him.

“ Ne? “

“ Ah, so I’m right, “ the waiter smiled and take something from the pocket in his apron, “ here, “ he a paper to Hyesung face

“ What is this? “ Hyesung’s mind seems still can’t process anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter