Meeting Up With Old Friends

You're the Choice I Won't Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sehun still kept showing signs of being disturbed by his talk with Sora, Sunhee knew that there was something more going on than just the usual bickering between the two. These arguments have been going on for as long as Sunhee remembered. She was upset by the fact that they didn’t seem to stop it no matter how hard she tried to put an end to it.

She thought the problem was solved when Sora went off to work overseas. Her best friend barely protested about leaving her alone with Sehun to take care of her, but apparently Sunhee had been too optimistic.

She decided to get Sehun to take her to see Jihwan, Sora’s twin brother, for answers.

Actually, Sunhee didn’t ask Sehun to take her. She told him that she was going to Jihwan and her lover protested for a while before giving in to her and muttering that he would take her there. The black haired girl had nodded her head in agreement. She knew that they both shared the same fear. The fear that one day she would have an episode in the middle of the street while she was all by herself and Sunhee would walk into the path of a moving car or train.

She’s had some close calls before and Sehun would never let her live down the one time that she, while she had one of her episodes, walked into a parked police car. He would never stop bringing up how he had to close the shop earlier than usual in order to pick Sunhee up from the police station.

Sunhee grumbled about how Sehun would never let her go to places by herself anymore and that she should dig out some of her blackmail material soon.
Sehun swatted her over the head for that and demanded for all of the blackmail material to be handed over to him.

Sunhee merely showed him an evil little smile in response.

‘’Just call me when you’re done and I’ll pick you up,’’ Sehun said in a low voice when they came to a stop in front of Jihwan’s apartment, ‘’If you end up getting arrested again then I’m going to leave you. I don’t think I want a girlfriend who spends that much time at a police station.’’ he smirked.

Sunhee let out a groan, ‘’Are you ever going to let go of that?’’

"Nope, I’m not." Sehun snickered before stealing a kiss and rushing back into the elevator.

When the doors closed, Sunhee turned back and walked to Jihwan’s door while she was suppressing an amused smile. She knocked on the door and waited for some response.

‘’Who is it?’’

Sunhee smiled at the familiar voice.

"It's me, Park Sunhee." she stated dryly.

She heard feet moving quickly across floorboard and the frantic sound of the door being unlocked.

"Sunhee!" Jihwan said in shock but a grin began to make its way across his cute face.

‘’Hey.’’

She wasn’t all too surprised when Jihwan looked like he was about to knock her over with a hug, but managed to refrain himself from doing so.

‘’How… how are you?’’ He asked cautiously.

She understood his behavior; it has been difficult for her friends to come to terms with her disorder. Their reactions were to treat her like she was a fragile porcelain doll but Sunhee hated that. She really did. She didn’t want to be treated differently because of her condition.

‘’I’m good. Can you call Sora for me and tell her to come over? We can catch up while we wait for her.’’

Jihwan raised an eyebrow.

"I don't have her new number and I got to threaten your sister about threatening my boyfriend." Sunhee said with a cheerful voice.

Jihwan cracked into a grin, "Same thing as always." 

Sunhee returned the grin. She felt guilty seeing that a simple smile from her made her friend burst with happiness. Perhaps she really hadn’t given her friends enough time to get used to her condition and perhaps she didn’t spent enough time and effort into making them understand that she was still t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter