Hey Doctor

You're the Choice I Won't Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Sunhee is pretty well aware of what others think of her. She sat in the doctor's office, doing nothing but ignoring the man who sat across of her while looking through the recent photos stored on her camera. She knew that the doctor thought she was an annoying patient who wouldn't listen and would always be too stubborn to try to improve herself.

Sunhee would have to disagree with that. Just because she didn't talk to the doctor did not mean that she wasn’t listening to him. She did in fact listen to the things the old man rambled on about when the silence became too overwhelming for him to endure; things like strategies to help her keep her episodes away. Most of the time, those methods wouldn't work, but sometimes they did.

Sunhee mostly spend her time there thinking about Sehun and his happiness when she would have a good day without any episodes and without the periods of anxiety that were followed. Sometimes he was so easy to please but Sehun would never admit that.
However, Sunhee wished it was easier to please Sehun. She wished that she could have control about her episodes so that Sehun never had to see them. She knows it was hard on him but she was lucky in that Sehun took it better than her family and friends had.

"Tell me about your boyfriend." the doctor said, cutting through her train of thought, "How does he handle things at home?"

She knew exactly what the doctor wanted. He wanted Sunhee to claim that Sehun was an awful person so that he could chalk up her unwillingness to talk with him to Sehun’s influence.

But it had nothing to do with Sehun. Sunhee just really didn’t want to talk to him. The only reason she came here was because...

Well, even she doesn’t know the exact reason why, but she knew that it did somehow help to sit across the doctor and listen to whatever he had to say about her disorder. She began having problems with these sessions when the man tried to dig into her personal life that she didn’t want to talk about.

She couldn’t help but scoff at her doctor sometimes. He always started off so well, but apparently silence wasn’t something he was able to handle very well. He would then descend into asking questions she didn’t feel like answering. If Sunhee wanted to talk about it, she would have brought it up before. It was simple as that, but people didn’t seem to think that way. She wondered whether spending too much time detached from reality made her think differently from other people. Or maybe she was just too spoiled from having Oh Sehun beside her as her constant and most of the time also only companion.

Sehun understood her more than anyone else would. Or at least he was trying to. It was obvious that he became less prone to saying the wrong things than he used to be, but Sunhee never really minded that about him in the first place. She thought it was interesting.

Perhaps that is what drew her to Sehun even when she got belittled and insulted whenever he talked to her - because she knew that with that kind of character,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter