A Not So Pleasant Surprise

You're the Choice I Won't Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sehun was bored in the store one day, he picked up the magazine that Jongin once threw at him. His best friend never bothered to take it away and left it behind the counter. He had a feeling that Jongin had been reading through it a lot from the way the pages were worn. The pages in the middle had a fading picture, it was the page where Sunhee’s name screamed out in large bold letters. There was a picture of Sehun’s silhouette in front of her old studio. His silhouette was shadowy against the fading light of the setting sun. This was the only picture from Sehun’s short period as a model that ever made it past the confines of Sunhee’s studio.

She had joked that she didn’t want to share all his secrets that were captured by her camera with the rest of the world since they were hers just like he himself was. Sehun never told her this before but he didn’t mind at all that she had claimed him. It even made him a little happy, but he wouldn’t admit that either of course.

She was able to make a living through photography despite her condition. She couldn’t hold down any steady jobs so she would instead retreat into her studio and put all her effort into creating amazing masterpieces that every magazine out there was dying to buy.

"Sehun, I need your face." Sunhee's voice interrupted him as she slammed the door leading to her studio open. "I need inspiration and your face is always full of it." she said brightly.

Sehun let out a groan and buried his face into the magazine.

"Really, Sunhee, really?" He mumbled into the pages. Sunhee grinned unrepentantly at the sight.

“Oh come on, it wasn't that bad. We really got to do something about your self-confidence issues, Oh Sehun." she commented while looking purposefully at Sehun. The latter one looked at her dumbfound.

"What self-confidence issues?!"

"The ones that will get you all embarrassed and annoyed when I compliment you."

"Saying my face is inspirational is not a compliment. And of course it's inspirational! This is me we're talking about! Me! Oh Sehun!" He argued.

Sunhee merely grinned at the love of her life without saying anything.

"Kai will be here soon. You have an appointment today, remember." Sehun inwardly winced as those words left his mouth.

Sunhee's face fell and he didn’t wanted to ruin her good mood but he was pretty sure that the younger girl didn’t forget about it. She probably hoped that Sehun wouldn’t remember.

"Do I have to go today? Can't we just say that I am not feeling well or something?" she wined.

Sehun raised his eyebrows at her.

"That's exactly what I suggested last time and you made me call them at the last minute to tell them you were fine after all.’’

She looked away with a chagrined expression on her face.

"You’re the one who keeps insisting on going there.’’ Sehun remarked.

He often wondered about her weird behavior but Sunhee had never really explained to him why she was feeling such a need to go. Maybe it was because she always went to that place before Sehun took full responsibility over her, or maybe she just wanted to go there in hope that it would somehow make her better over time – or at least, showing that she was at least trying, because Sehun knew that Sunhee doesn’t even talk to the doctor once she's there.

Sehun could hear Sunhee mutter something under her breath about her responsibility and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not forcing you to do anything you aren't willing to do but you should at least want to go." Sehun said seriously with a frown on his face.

"Call me down when Jongin gets here." She said after a moment of silence and retreated to her studio upstairs.

Sehun let out a sigh in exasperation.

 

When Jongin arrived and he called Sunhee down, he sighed again once he noticed the familiar strap of a camera sticking out of her bag. The girl waved at the tan guy and Sehun noticed that his friend was staring at his girlfriend with a tinge of worry and regret. He hastily left with Sunhee before Jongin could say anything upsetting. The older guy did have a habit of saying the wrong things at times and he didn't have a history of insulting Sunhee as badly as Sehun, but that only meant that she would get more easily upset by Jongin’s words.

By now, Sunhee has gotten used to Sehun and his scathing words.

Sehun smirked to himself as he surveyed Sunhee from behind. She was probably the only one in the world who would actually put up with him and his tendency to carelessly rip into someone's feelings. Just like Sehun was probably the only one who accepted Sunhee's condition and adapted himself to her needs, while still retaining that same balance that made their relationship so worth fighting for.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter