let themselves loose

About Us

title: let themselves loose

pairing: kai/krystal

 

 

Krystal could hear their voices in her head. I’m cornered, screamed Jiyoung. I’ve lost GD, Baekhyun panted. Mir was quiet but she trusted he was still alive. As for the others, she didn’t know.

Someone was coming.

She locked eyes with Nana. Even without going inside her mind, she could feel the fear and exhaustion on the blonde’s eyes. She was on her limit. They all were.

Kai leaned on her for support, his breathing heavy on her shoulders. He had used his powers too much and with her as baggage only doubled his fatigue.

CL’s army had tracked them into their safe house—a last resort to their never ending chase. They bolted as soon as Jiyoung made eye contact with Key. Even behind her invisible wall, he could still sense them. He wasn’t someone you could easily underestimate.

They all got separated along the way. By chance, Nana had found them when she hid in a shed opposite theirs. Krystal was relieved to see her alive.

We have to leave. It’s only a matter of time until they finds us. Nana told her.

Jongin has no energy to teleport. Krystal glanced at her partner. He was sweating. If he teleported again, he’d break into a fever.  He needs to rest.

I’m engaging combat with Chanyeol, IU grunted somewhere in her mind. Krystal extended the message to Nana. D.O has been captured. I’m going to get him back!

Don’t IU! He’s using D.O as bait, Nana yelled but it was too late. They heard the familiar thunder in her voice and what comes after they didn’t need to guess. The lightning IU had conjured was visible in Krystal’s mind, blinding her in the process. Her link with the elemental user frizzled as she had launched her attack. Her connection with IU had been terminated.

You need to tell her to run, Krystal. It’s a trap.

Yes, I—

Krystal cowered in the dark when she heard footsteps heading towards their direction. Nana did the same.

What are we going to do?

You need to get out of here and find Father. Nana’s eyes hardened. He left a note. It’s a clue. She showed the folded paper. Father wants us to find him and I know you and Kai can find him.

What about you?

Krystal already knew the answer to Kai’s question. No thoughts could be hidden with her around even if it was buried beneath the deepest and darkest corner of the mind.

The footsteps were nearer. Nana’s head perked to its direction. Head south when I signal you to move. You can find rest in the forest. While you escape, I’ll distract him.

The person stopped. Both of them could see his shadow. The blonde knew it was time. Take care of Kai.

With one last glance, Nana emerged from her hiding, a challenge at the tip of her tongue. “Hey ugly. Want to race?”

Krystal watched as her comrade disappeared in a flash, their captor trailing behind. She held on to Kai tightly, preparing to shoulder him as she waited for Nana’s signal. The subsequent disconnections with her members made her head pound in agony. She couldn’t control her powers anymore.

­What should I buy for my— , I hope he dies—today I don’t feel like doing anythi—oh my God he is so—

The voices were crowding in. Too many open minds clouding her head.

eggs for the cake—she thinks I’m hot—oh I forgot—

Krystal closed her eyes, trying to find Nana’s voice.

What should I cook for dinnerI have to—RUN—Tomorrow there’s a—that’s thirty dollars—RUN KRYSTAL—got any money—

Her eyes shot open. Adrenaline rushed through her body. She hefted Kai, who was barely awake, and ran as fast as she could. Everything was a blur to her. Voices. Green. Kai in her arms. Run. Escape. It wasn’t until she had tripped and fell on a root that Krystal finally stopped. She laid down the forest floor, trying to catch her breath.

When she had calmed down, Krystal realized the quietness in her head. Not a soul in mind.

Nana? Baekhyun? Everyone? Tell me you’re alright.

I’m here.

Kai shifted beside her, half of his face covered in dirt and leaves, mirroring hers. With half lidded eyes, he reached for her and she caught his hand with one of her own. She knew this was only the beginning that they would catch up to them later. Until they find Father, the never ending chase wouldn’t come to a halt.

For now, succumbing to sleep and knowing she wasn’t alone, Krystal scooted next to Kai and found rest.

 

note. thoughts are italicized.

X-Men/Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children-ish. I kind of dreamt this a while back and the idea never left me. It’s a bit similar to KrystalHana’s Escape but I didn’t plagiarize anything. This has no plot and it’s pretty much word vomit. There will probably be a continuation of this and some more ficlets concerning this world but I’m not sure yet. When I find the time maybe. And if you hadn’t noticed, Krystal is a telepath, Kai can teleport, Nana is fast and Jiyoung (Kara) can turn invisible. I’ll explain everything in the later drabbles if you’re confused or curious about this one.

maybe a myungzy drabble next?

Thanks for reading.