let yourself

About Us

title: let yourself

pairing: kai/krystal

 


Jongin observed the room quietly. Father was introducing the newest addition to the group and not everyone seemed too interested to her arrival. Youngji was dozing off beside an overly-excited Mir, Jiyoung was half-listening while looking at her nails, Jieun seemed distracted and distraught by something, Kyungsoo was a mystery so he didn’t bother reading him and beside him Nana sat calmly, listening to Father’s every word.

His eyes traveled to Father a lastly to the newest member, who was as displeased as the rest of them. It seemed that Father had given a wrong impression of the kind of residence this was and the kind of people they were and she wasn't thrilled. She gave him a feeling of impatience and peevish, tapping with her foot irritably, hands at her side.

Did she really find the place to be so repulsive?

“As Soojung is new here, I would like everyone to be considerate of her and---“

“Will you stop with your thoughts!” Mir jumped when she roared, her glares killing him in his seat. Her brows were creased to the middle, eyes throwing daggers at Mir and face flushed with anger. The others finally directed their attention at her, waking up from their stupors. They could see she was furious but they were curious of the reasons why. “You’re grossing me out!”

Stomping, she plodded out of the room, roughly bumping Nana by the shoulders and banged the door to Father’s office closed. Jongin didn’t like her attitude.

Everyone glanced at Mir. “What… what did I do?” Mir mumbled in bewilderment.

“Nana, please go after her. She might leave the premises.” Father sighed and Nana nodded. Jongin asked her if she was okay and she simply smiled in reply.

Father faced Mir. He massaged his temples with one hand, easily explaining the situation. “The problem is not what you did but what you thought. Soojung is a telepath, which means she can read your thoughts loudly, all your thoughts.” He regarded everyone equally. “So whatever it is that you were thinking about must have upset her.”

Mir’s flushed face evidently told them he thought of something embarrassing. Jongin shook his head, hiding his smile. He knew exactly what Mir had imagined and why it had upset their new member. Mir was a bit debauched but he was a good guy at heart.

To everyone, Father spoke. “I advise that you all guard your thoughts when you’re around with Miss Jung. Most especially you, Mir. ” He gave the blonde a pointed look. This time everyone broke into laughter. Nana came back with a hesitant and upset Soojung lagging behind. Jongin was sure she would bail. Seeing Mir’s mind would have disgusted him too. But the way she looked visibly uncomfortable around them made him realize she genuinely didn’t want to stay. He wondered what Nana had told her to convince her otherwise. He would have to ask later. Anyway, even if she did leave, it wouldn’t be much of a waste. She wasn’t the first one who came and went.

“For now I will let you do as you please and I will meet with all of you later in the evening. Nana, Miss Jung remain.”

Jongin was the last one to stay before leaving; catching the nod that Father gave him. He wasn’t sure what to make of it.

 

note. prequel of let themselves loose... sorta. i've been meaning to write the xmen/miss peregrine/kpop for years now and i kinda can't do it. too many plot holes and too lazy to organize the events. plus it was too wordy. i can't promise myself to exert a lot of effort into writing now that i'm working. i might post some of the tid bits i've written these past few years. if i get the scene finished that is. cheers!