end of the beginning

About Us

title: end of the beginning

pairing: kai/krystal

a/n: there might be a next one. and another one.

 

Jongin confesses his admiration for her 515 days before her departure. In midst of a concert, he says, "i've liked you for a while now."

Jongin doens't expect anything from her, caught up in the moment of bright lights and confettis raining from above. But Sooojung turns around, keeps a steady a steady gaze on him and acknowledges his feelings. "Thank you for liking me."

He says hi on the hallway; she greets back, they laugh over Taemin's stupid jokes, they talk about the weather sometimes. They don't grow any closer than that. Jongin supposes he should have longed for more, but with Soojung, he knows it is impossible. He is patient with his feelings, especially involving hers, so he can wait, as he has always, wait for as long as he can.

Her departure comes too quick, expected but unexpected. Jongin has been counting the last days--terrified, hurt and angry. He has no time to feel anything because on her last day, he has a stage performance so he doesn't expect to see her and say his goodbyes.still he manages to see her when his group returns to the company for practice and she pulls him from the side,. Soojung gives him a tiny smile that makes his stomach burn.

"You're busy, I know, sorry but... anyway, here." She pulls a small box from her pocket and hands it to him. Jongin takes its content out, discovering a silver bracelet. "Something to remember me by and... a thanks. I've known... since the beginning. Thank you for the unyielding... you know."

He knows. Jongin grins, thanks her for the gift and is relieved that she hasn't disregarded him. His feelings are safe, tucked away somewhere in the crevices of her heart. "You take care, okay?"

"You too. Thanks. Again. For everything." She hugs him first. A quick hug, she pulls away but his arm moves unknowingly, locking her for a moment. He squeezes and she does too and eventually they part. Jongin looks at her back longingly before turning away.