the trap

About Us

Jongin is looking at her with those eyes again—dreamy eyes that make girls swoon and sigh—and he flashes her that smile that melts their hearts. But not her; Soojung won’t be fooled. She won’t allow herself to be subjected to the pain he has afflicted to many girls in his class. She lowers her head to avoid his gaze and focuses on her homework, scribbling scientific analysis as speedy as she can. The faster she works, the lesser she needs to endure this torture.

“It’s quite unexpected,” he says. She sees him lean in, crossing his arms over their shared table and placing his head on top. He’s peering into her, angling his head so that their eyes would meet. As if she’d let him. “That you’d be so good at studying.”

Soojung ignores him and buries herself more into her work, blocking his view of her with a hand on the forehead. Once she completed a paragraph, she sits upright and closes her notebook, arranging her things and stuffing them inside her bag. She has had enough of him today.

Jongin leans back then, again matching their eye-level evenly. He his head to the side, as if analyzing her.“Or maybe it isn’t a wonder, after all? You’ve got the looks, athleticism and the brains. You’re perfect.”

“Are you done?” She grits a reply, sending him a glare.

“I almost forgot about that snarky attitude of yours.” He smirks. “God is fair, I guess.”

Soojung wants to swipe that smirk off his face and his whole existence. But that would mean facing his fangirls and she’d rather not fight someone over him. God is fair, yeah right, Soojung mocks. If God is fair, then she shouldn’t be partnered doing a stupid project with him. As far as she knows, she hasn’t done anything vile to be sent into hell guarded by Satan.

For now, ignoring him would be sufficient.