horror house

About Us

title: horror house

pairing: do/iu

 

Jieun glared hard at the poster over her head. It read Horror House. She turned to the person next to her with mild irritation. Kyungsoo was sending a message to his sister. “I really hate this place.”

“That's weird. l thought you'd like it.” Kyungsoo commented, pocketing his phone.

“Are you a psycho?” Jieun pouted. “Who would like this kind of place…”

Kyungsoo thought about it and shrugged. It was true that people rarely like spooky places or anything related to horror. Even he disliked it. But he had always assumed that she favored it more than roller coasters. “Well we've waited long enough, might as well go in.” He inclined his head towards the entrance with a gleeful look in his eyes, Jieun narrowed at his excitement and trudged stubbornly inside the belly of the beast.

Jieun glanced warily at the designs of the manor and snuffed at them. “Cheap.”

“Then why are you sticking so close to me…”

She turned around to glare at Kyungsoo but found that it was too dark to know if he saw, so she grabbed his clothing instead and pushed him, still keeping her fist on his clothes.

“Are you scared?”

Jieun didn't react and kept walking.

“Miss Jieun?”

Kyungsoo pinched the arm that was holding his shirt yet still he received no response.

“Lee Jieun.”

“What?” She replied, her voice annoyed.

Kyungsoo removed her hand from his shirt and smoothly slipped his hand into hers. “Do you trust me?”

Jieun snorted. “Don't kid yourself. Right now, I really hate you.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, loosening his grip on her. “Should I let go?”

Jieun squeezed his hand tightly. “I'll kill you.”

As they walked on ahead, they encountered various props that Jieun thought was passable. She pointed out that most of the webs here were probably just dried glue and that the fog was just man-made. Kyungsoo agreed, noticing that Jieun was walking closer to him than before. They kept their pacing slow.

“You know people are going to be so disappointed when they find out you aren't much of a scary witch but an adorable kid.”

“Is that supposed to comfort me?”

“Is it working?”

Kyungsoo was too slow to evade Jieun's fingers as she pinched his side. Jieun cackled at his yelp.

“You aren't very nice, you know.” Jieun commented as they passed a gloomy hallway. She lingered behind him, her hand still firmly interlocked with his.

“When was I ever?” He chuckled. His words contradicted his actions; he pulled her closer to him, leading in front. He kept a look out for any surprise attacks that might startle Jieun. He was a scaredy cat, true, but Jieun seemed to be more scared than him. Still, he couldn't catch the hands grabbing from below, hands grazing his ankles and hers. She hit him and rushed him to a jog, all the while screaming her head off. Jieun screamed so loudly, Kyungsoo's ears were about to fall off. 

When they were finally out of the horror house, they were both covered in sweat. Kyungsoo was bending over, his hands resting on his knees with Jieun's weight on his back. With their nerves calmed, Jieun turned to Kyungsoo with a frown. "Next time you bring me to another haunted ride, I'll kick you in the nuts."

Kyungsoo silently agreed.