us two (ii)

About Us

title: us two (ii)

pairing: kai/krystal

* continuation of this

 

 

Jongin found that it wasn't any better on his fourth year as a member of EXO. Four years and they still brought trucks of money for their company. His schedules were busier and tighter. A concert around Asia, two comebacks in one year, shows to films. Soojung had lied to him about gaining freedom. He was chained to the bones.

As for Soojung, Jongin didn't see her as much. She was filming a new drama last he heard so her schedules were more erratic than his and with a comeback in summer, probably a lot busier than his. They do talk once or twice a week, squeezing messages and calls in between her taping and him flying around the world. It's a strained relationship they've tried to work on for two years and had only managed to live through the thoughts of happiness in hell.

Tonight they planned to meet up after a failed date two nights ago when Soojung’s drama had to extend filming for an extra scene. He was left hanging but he could understand. Work comes first.

Jongin waited at the back door, donning all black from head to toe. Surely in this outfit no one would be able to recognize him, not even the most delusional fans. He even dyed his hair back to black. He looked suspicious but he blended nicely in the shadows of the night.

“Hey,” Soojung hip bumped him. He turned to see her covered in the darkest colors of blue. “Nice outfit.”

“Nice face,” he kissed her on the lips and they got caught up until Sehun coughed from behind, ultimately stopping their intimate moment. Jongin asked where he was going and Sehun showed him a picture of his exchange messages with After School’s E-Young, his new ideal girl since last week.

“Don’t get caught.” He advised, to which Sehun returned the favor. Sehun disappeared in the late night with a wave of his hand.

“Late night movie?” Jongin suggested, stuffing his phone inside his pockets before lowering his beanie. He pulled his black mask up and glanced at Soojung. He helped her shrug in her coat, fastening it up to the last button. When he was finished, he kissed her again.

“It would make me really sleepy. Let’s take a walk instead,” Soojung linked her arms with his and started dragging hm. Jongin stopped before she even touched the door.

“Are there..?”

“Nope. Super Junior oppa are outside right now as distractions. Don’t worry.”

Jongin glanced at her shoes. Soojung rolled her eyes. They were both wearing running shoes. It had happened once. They were both out on a date when she heard someone call her name. When she turned around, she saw some of her fans following. Soojung quickly shoved Jongin and told him to run as fast as he could. They both ran until they shook the fans off their tail. Thankfully, no one had recognized Jongin and the fans hadn’t had any crucial evidences to prove that it was f(x)’s Krystal and her boyfriend on a date.

Jongin and Soojung safely got out of the building without a hitch. They started walking and talked about their current activities. f(x) was slated to have a comeback in one month and EXO in two. Hopefully, her group would have longer promotions so their groups would overlap. Overlapping schedules meant more time together.

They found a small and empty playground. Soojung sat at the swing, grinning at Jongin who stood in front of her with an amused look on his face.

“What are you looking at?” teased Soojung.

“What are you looking at?” replied Jongin with a smirk. Soojung rolled her eyes, punching his stomach lightly. He dives in for a kiss but she pushes her fingers to his lips, an order at her lips.

“Push me first.”

“What are you five?” Jongin poked her cheeks but did as what he was told to do, pushing her from the back. She giggled like a little girl as she swung high and low on her seat. Five minutes later, she grew tired and sat calmly beside Jongin, hands intertwined. With her cheek on his shoulder, Soojung started telling funny incidents from her set. By the end of her story, Jongin was laughing at Soojung because she couldn’t finish her sentences without laughing; there were tears in her eyes from laughing.

Jongin’s smile faded when he saw that her laughter was replaced by a choked sound. She was laughing a minute ago but now she was sobbing, shoulders shuddering and voice throaty. She fell from her seat at the swing, and Jongin barely caught her in his arms.

Soojung wept on his shoulder, her bawls muffled on his clothing. Jongin held her tight throughout her sudden outburst. There must have been a lot of things in her mind—things she couldn’t tell him, things that she feared. By the time her tears ran dry, she was telling him about her future, something they never really talk about. In six months, her contract will expire and she would be given a choice to go or renew.

“I don’t know what I want to do after. I don’t know anything else.” She sniveled. “I don’t want to stay either.”

Jongin forced a laugh. “Even if I’m here?”

“I’m not staying, Jongin.”

Her words stung him right in the chest. Jongin became lightheaded. “How about… this? What are we doing here?”

Soojung stayed silent, hanging her head low. Jongin already knew her answer before he even voiced his question. She was leaving and no matter what he did, he knew nothing would ever make her stay. He also knew that long distance relationship never worked.

“Is this… it? Are we through?”

Her head snapped up to meet his face. Something about her eyes told him she had never realized that her leaving would mean leaving him behind too. Maybe she thought she could ask him to leave as well—it wouldn’t be too surprising, Soojung could be very possessive. But she knew as he knew that it was impossible.

Jongin turned away from her pleading stare. “Don’t… don’t look at me like I made the decision. ”

Soojung lowered her head again to hide the tears that were forming. Her voice became strangled and strained when she called his name but he couldn’t look at her as well because he himself was trying hard to control his tears. Still, he let her lean into his chest and cradled her into the night.