not even you

About Us

title: not even you

pairing: minho/taeyeon (snsd)

 

 

Her hair is a shade of try hard blonde, eyes no brighter than sky blue and tangerine lips fading in like a second skin. She is an abstract, a painting of splatered colors and mistaken textures but she, Minho thinks, is pretty enough. Pretty enough to forget that he is Choi Minho, straight-A student since grade school, son of a chaebol and heir to a multi million dollar deal.

"Hello handsome," her smile is innocent but he has been here a few times to know that she is anything but, "been waiting?"

Minho's shoulders fall into a shrug and Taeyeon scoots to the seat next to him. Hollering the waiter Luhan, she asks for their regulars and some nuts to nibble on. In silence, the two of them watch the happenings of the area. A vile place where the faces are blurred to the smoke of cigarettes and voices inaudible from the shriek of the loudspeakers. It was a place where people do their dirty deeds. A safe haven where you could be whoever you want to be.

"Do you want to go somewhere private?"

"No. It makes no difference."

She leans on his shoulders. "So direct, Mr. Choi. Shall I give you a hand," glancing down, "over there?"

He shrugs her off, clucking his tongue disapprovingly. She chuckles, shifting back to her original position just in time to blow a kiss to the boy serving their orders. He downs his drink as soon as she gives it to him.

"I'm guessing it your old Pops again? What is it this time, rich boy?"

Receiving no reply as usual, Taeyeon drinks hers and orders another one. She was a bad alcoholic from time to time. Once, Minho caught her drinking herself to sleep. When he asked if she did it often, she merely smiled and answered she 'liked keeping the monsters at bay'. He didn't like her habit, but he didn't do anything about it too. Caring was something he had a difficult time with.

When they're lying in bed, covered in sweat, he finally speaks.

"I'm getting married."

 

note: i don't know if i executed it well enough for you to understand. and no, taeyeon wasn't a call girl/e.