12..

Sympathy of a Devil.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun knocked at the front door and waited for someone to answer. He felt completely out of place here in an expensive sweatervest, white jacket, and dress shoes. The poor surrounding totally didn’t suit him. The door finally opened and Dara stepped into the entry way. She was wearing a soft blue sweater that fir her figure perfectly and a skirt that he couldn’t help but notice was a quite bit longer than the one that was a part of her school uniform. It hung just above her knees. She was way too elegant to live in a house like this.

 

 

Curiously, he saw there were two tiny hands wrapped around her left leg. A little boy shyly peered around the outside of her thigh. His head came up to just above her knee. Sehun was shocked with the resemblance the child had to Dara. His face had delicate features and his eyes were exactly the same as her, large brown and innocent.  Probably the only difference is the almost white blond hair that sat in a mop on top of his head. The boy had snot running down his nose and seemed totally unaware of it.

 

 

Sehun looked back up to Dara who was now smiling down at the boy affectionately. Something about her seemed different and it took a minute for him to realize what it was. He had never seen her smile before. It was absolutely breathtaking. Dara absentmindedly pulled a tissue out of her skirt pocket and bent down to wipe the snot off the boy’s face.

 

 

“Alright Sanghyun, I have to get going back to school now. You’ll  be good while I’m gone okay?” The child’s already wide eyes grew even wider and started to well up with tears.

 

 

“But I don’t want you to leavvveeee!!” he cried out and started to sob.

 

 

The kid’s crying started to make Sehun’s uncomfortable. The little boy obviously adored Dara. The scene was really quiet heartbreaking as Dara tried in vain to calm the boy down. An idea occurred to Sehun as he remembered he still had a leftover package of peppero that he had managed to keep hidden from Tao. He didn’t want to give it away but if it would get the kid to be quiet then it was worth it. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the package.

 

 

“Do you like peppero?” he asked the child, bending down to reveal the snack he had in his hand.

 

 

Sanghyun’s sobbing grew quieter as he looked at the man in front of him who was opening a package of delicious candy right there in front of his nose. Sehun took two sticks of chocolate peppero out of the package and reached out offering them to the boy.

 

 

“If you’re good and say goodbye to Dara nicely, you can have these.” Dara looked at Sehun gratefully. Apparently, like most kids, candy was his weakness. The boy nodded eagerly agreeing to the deal and tentatively reached out a hand taking the offered peppero sticks. He then proceeded to place them both in his mouth obviously elated at the taste.

 

 

“Sanghyun, make sure to brush your teeth after you finish those okay?” Dara said looking down at her little brother.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter