11.

Sympathy of a Devil.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After entering, Dara shut the front door of the house behind her and she leaned against it. It had been embarrassing having the two of the popular students in their school see the state of the house she had lived in briefly before moving to the dorms of the Springsworth Academy. She sighed as she thought about the rumors that would spread around the school and will undoubtedly worsen the cruel teasing of her by her fellow classmates.

 

 

The inside of the house was dark. Apparently nobody was home. Her little brother must be probably at school. Who knew where the drunkard who is unfortunately his father was at this hour. Probably at the bar again. The man loves to drink even in the middle of the day after all. At least he wasn’t home so she could have a little peace in this house. She mastered her skills to be away with that man as possible for the time she was here. The last thing she needed was to show up to school with more bruises. If Chaerin will know about her life in this house, she would probably never let her return home and Dara needed to be here as often as possible until her brother was safe. As she walked around the house, she had to watch her step to avoid the various things that are scattered on the floor.

 

The place was a total mess. She stepped into the kitchen and was rewarded with the stinky smell of the undone dishes and of course, the stale smoke. She picked up empty bottles of beer and leftover on the dishes on the table. She had to cover her nose while she emptied out the ashtray. The smell was disgusting. So disgusting. She really wished that man would refrain smoking inside the house. The thought of her brother’s tiny lungs filled with secondhand smoke made her stomach sick.

 

 

Just two more weeks. She told herself. Then her brother’s aunt would be coming to take him. It had taken her a long time to convince the cold hearted woman but it finally worked. Certain sacrifices would have to be made but it was worth it if it meant her brother’s safety. She headed up the darkened stairs to the second floor. The upper floor had two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter