School Dolls Affair

Voodoo Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chirp of birds was faintly heard in the distance as warm sunlight flashed your face through the laced curtain. Loud alarm voice rang right beside your ear and you groaned in response.

You stretched your right arm, reaching for the alarm to turn it off. But before you could do that, the noisy beep suddenly disappeared.

Huh…?

You had your eyebrows furrowed with eyes still firmly closed.

Is the alarm broken?

Just when you were about to get up and check on it, you suddenly felt something pushed you from above, like something heavy was placed on top of your body. You yelped as you tried to yank it away but somehow it was still there. 

“What the--“ You quickly opened your eyes, only to see a dark-skinned boy grinned at you with messy bed hair and eyes still half-opened.

“N-nyeong~” N greeted you with a wide smile on his face.

Your eyes widened in surprise when you realized that he was right on top of you, with both hands beside your head, propping his body.

You abruptly get up and pushed him, “KYAAAAAA!!!!”

“Ouchhhh…!” He fell from your bed and landed on his back.

“What happened!?” Ken, Hongbin and Hyuk popped their heads from the door.

“N! Aishhhh… jinjja!” Hyuk suddenly barged into your room when he saw N, who slumped helplessly on the cold floor.

He approached N and roughly pulled his hands, while you just stared at them silently in horror.

“What the hell are you doing in ___’s room!? Especially in early morning like this!?” He smacked N’s back and you heard him whined again.

“Oww! Stop that! It hurts!” N glared at the youngest.

“Then don’t do things that you shouldn’t do! You’re going to wake the whole neighborhood up if you made her scream like that again!”

“I didn’t mean to…” N pouted as he sulked, “I was just trying to give her a morning kiss. You know, just like in those movies!”  

“Morning kiss my .” Hyuk shook his head and sighed. He then looked at you who were still staring at them with perked eyes, “You okay? What’s wrong?”

You blinked a few times and looked away, blushing.

“N-nothing…!”

! Did they even realize what they’re wearing!? I’ve never seen any boys in pajamas except of my older brother!

Both of them were wearing nothing but black wife beater and grey training pants. You could clearly see how well-toned their bodies were behind those thin fabrics. Not to mention how y they looked with their messy bed hair.

Thank God that both Hongbin and Ken only peeked from the door, or you might have got nosebleeds early in the morning.

“Nice try, N. I thought something bad was happened.” Hongbin rolled his eyes as he groused.

Ken snorted in response, “Hold your horses, bro.”

Both of them shook their heads before eventually headed downstairs, leaving Hyuk and N who were still glaring at each other.

“C-can you guys get out too? I… I need to get changed.” You pulled your blanket to your head. You didn’t want them to see you in your pajama.

“Huh…? Oh! O-okay! Okay! Sorry!” Hyuk yelped in panic as he grabbed N by the leg, dragging him out of the room.

“Ya! What do you think I am!? A rice sack!? Ya, Han Sanghyuk! I haven’t give ___ my morning kiss! Stop!”

Hyuk closed the door and you could still hear N yelled at him.

You sighed in relief and glanced at your alarm clock on the night desk. 7:13 AM. You lowered your head and let out an even louder sigh.

It’s the first morning and I already feel like getting wrinkles on my forehead. God…

You were about to head to the bathroom when you saw your reflection on the standing mirror beside your closet. I guess from now on, I have to start wearing more proper pajamas.

You had your head shook as you walked towards the sink to brush your teeth.

Man, I guess living with six men is not going to be that easy.

You were brushing your teeth when you suddenly remembered what Hongbin said last night after dinner.

“Starting from tomorrow, we’re going to your school.”

You sighed for the third time although it had only been less than 15 minutes since you woke up this morning. You looked at your reflection in the mirror and pointed a finger.

“From now on, please remember to lock your door before you go to sleep, ___.”

­­

 

“Good morning, princess~” Ken greeted you while munching his bread.

“Morning.” You smiled at him as you realized that the six of them had already sat on their chairs, having breakfast. The others started to greet you too, except for Leo, who just ate his breakfast silently.

You walked passed his back as you headed to your chair and brought yourself to gave him a pat on his shoulder, “Good morning, Leo.”

Leo stiffened and stared at you without blinking. You stared back and felt really awkward with his reaction. You flashed him a forced smile and quickly sat on the empty chair next to N.

“You made these?” You looked at Hongbin while pointing your finger at a stack of French toasts dusted with powdered sugar. He proudly nodded in response, smiling.

“He is such a great chef, right?” Ken softly nudged you and you grinned.

“Ya, kids! Just eat your breakfast and stop talking! We can’t be late on our first day of school!” N bossily commanded.

“Chill, N. We won’t be late.” Ravi leered at the eldest.

“Just because you managed to wake up early today, doesn’t mean you can talk back to me!” N stuck out his tongue like a little kid.

“Hey, that’s right. I never thought that Ravi could wake up this early. Usually he won’t wake up until noon… or maybe evening. Is this some kind of miracle?” Hyuk laughed and gave Hongbin a high-five.

“Seriously, are we really going to discuss this matter?” Ravi raised an eyebrow, “I just don’t want us to be late. Besides, I don’t want ___ to think that I’m a sleepyhead.”

“But you are a sleepyhead.” Ken .

“Ya ya ya, I told you guys to stop talking, right?! Didn’t you hear me?” N complained.

As the boys started bickering with each other again, teasing one and another while laughing happily, you eventually realized that after those succumbing years of living alone, you could finally laugh your lungs out again. You were happy, really happy.

How long has it been since the last time I had breakfast together with other people like this?

 

You hurriedly tied your shoelace, “Guys! We really need to go now or we’re going to be lat--“

You stopped talking as you turned your head in panic. You could swear you almost had your eyes popped out from your skull when you saw those six figures before you.

The boys were standing just a few steps behind you. You saw N helped Ken tying his necktie. Next to them was Hongbin who tried to wipe off some remaining sugar from Leo’s lips with his thumb. While both Hyuk and Ravi were busy deciding which shoes to wear. But what shocked you the most was the fact that they were all wearing your school uniform. 

“We’re ready for school! Yeayyy~” Ken high-fived N and they started to point their fingers at each other and wiggled them.

You had your jaw dropped low.

. They really look like high school students! No wait, they look even better than those snobbish Kingkas at school! My heart… please be strong!

“Hey, you’re going to drool.” Hongbin walked passed you and softly flicked his fingers on your forehead.

“I-I’m not!” You blushed.

All of you then walked to the bus station together. And as you made it there, you all waited for the bus to come patiently. A few minutes passed and the boys started to throw jokes at each other. They all laughed like a bunch of dorks, except of Leo.

You suddenly realized something and looked at them, “So tell me, how come you guys already have those uniforms? I mean, you guys can’t just waltz to school without doing some paperwork.”

Ken looked back at you and shrugged, “Meolla. Believe it or not, we found these uniforms already hanged in our closets this morning. Who knows, I bet this was the King’s doing.”

“We’re his dolls, remember? He can do whatever he pleases.” Hongbin added.

That’s not right, it’s plain rude. You frowned. He can’t just arbitrarily tell them what to do and expect them to obey him forever. What the hell is wrong with this so-called King?

“Look! The bus came!” Hyuk yelled and the seven of you quickly hopped in.

 

The moment they stepped their feet through the school gate, the six boys instantly grabbed the spotlight and became the center of attention. The girls were squealing and shot flirting look at them, while the boys were talking about whether their inhumanly good looks were for real or not.

You noticed some girls glared at you just because you were walking together with the six gorgeous-looking transfer students.

Okay, this is not good. I know that this kind of thing will definitely happen, but not now. Not this soon. You sighed.

“Alright then, I guess we’ll have to part ways here. We have to report to the principal’s office first. See you later, ___.” N waved his hand at you and gestured the others to follow him.

You could swear you heard the girls screamed when N flashed a smile at you. You waved back at him and walked to your class with head hung low.

You were about to make a turn at a corridor when you suddenly heard someone shrieked your name. You turned your head as a figure jumped on you.

“W-whoa!” The figure hugged you tightly and you slightly stumbled backwards. You blinked when you realized that it was just Sujin, your best friend.

“Ya! What’s wrong?!” You stared at Sujin who were busy panting.

“What’s wrong?! Girl, I should be the one asking that to you! Who were those boys?! How could you walk together to school with them!? Are they some kind of transfer students?! Do you really know them?! God, the six of them are just too handsome for me to comprehend! No! They’re all perfect and--“

“Sujin-- stop.” You covered with your hand and let out another sigh.

Oh boy, this is going to be a long day.

 

“So, they’re your cousins? But how come I didn’t know anything about that after all this time?” Sujin tilted her head in suspicion.

“Well… uhh, yeah… The situation is a bit complicated right now, so… It’s kind of hard to explain…” You dodged as you silently mumbled to yourself. Thanks Hyuk, it actually works.

The whole class was gossiping about the six new transfer students as you let out a deep sigh.

They got everyone talking about them on their first day of school. What a nice start.

“Aww~ you’re so damn lucky! I also want handsome cousins like them! All my cousins look so countrified that I can’t even bring myself to walk with them whenever we go out together! Aishh…” Sujin scoffed.

“Hey, ___. Did you even realize how tall and well-built they are? They look like real models! No, they look like those idol oppa that I always see on TV!” She kept on yapping. “Next time, you are so going to introduce me to them! Promise?” She gave you her little finger, asking for a pinky promise.

“Yeah… Whatever.” You reluctantly attached your little finger to hers and smiled awkwardly.

You suddenly realized that your classmates were also talking about you. Some were either staring or pointing their fingers at you. You knew that they meant no harm. Still, you can’t help but felt humiliated.

For God’s sake, why are they talking about me too!? I’m not even the one transferring to this school! Can’t they just leave me out from this? Ugh, I hate being the center of attention.

“Hey guys, listen up! I heard there are some male students transferring here, and guess what? They came to school together with an ugly duckling! Hahahaha!”

You gritted your teeth in fury when you knew whose voice it was.

Yong Junhyung.

Junhyung continued talking with his gang loudly. Probably to make you heard him as well.

“Wow~ I never thought that this nerd is so eager to get people’s attentions. What a shameless woman.” He then laughed in mockery and you just glared at him.

“Fools.” Sujin shook her head, “We’ll talk again later, okay?”

You nodded and stared at the window. You tried your best to avoid eye contacts with either your classmates or that jerk Yong Junhyung.

I wish today would just end quickly. You mumbled.

You suddenly had something blocked you from looking at the window. You looked up and groaned in annoyance when you found out what it is. You leaned your back to the seat with arms crossed and looked away, trying to ignore it.

That was when you felt a cold hand cupped your chin. It yanked your head with force and you heard a low voice spoke to you in a threatening manner.

“Ya. How rude. Didn’t your parents teach you to see the person in the eye when they’re talking to you? Have some manner, ugly.”

You tightened your fists, angered. “And who said that I want to talk to you?”

“Stupid. Didn’t you just talk to me?” Junhyung smirked, “Looks like you need to be taught some lessons, ___.” He tightened his grip on your chin.

You were so pissed and your hands were ready to throw some punches at him. Without showing any signs of fear or chickening out, you sat still and glared at him.

Before Junhyung could spat another word, the homeroom teacher slid the door and stepped in. She looked at Junhyung and shouted, “Yong Junhyung, what are you doing? Get back to your seat now, class is starting!”

Junhyung groaned and released your chin harshly. You glared at him as he walked back to his seat. Only to see him mischievously smirked at you.

You blew your bangs in frustration and placed your head on the desk. You closed your eyes and tried to calm yourself down. You could hear your classmates greeted the teacher, but your mind just couldn’t stay focused.

I wonder on which class they’ll be placed…

“So today, you kids will have some new classmates.” Your teacher clasped her hands together.

Your heart suddenly beat faster and your eyes perked up wide.

What? Don’t tell me they’re going to be my--

“Give them a warm welcome and try to get along together, okay? Boys, please come in.” The teacher nodded as she signaled some tall figures to step into the class.

You could hear your female classmates suddenly screamed and squealed. You gulped nervously as cold sweats began to fall from your head.

“Hello. My name is Hongbin. Let’s be good friends.” Hongbin flashed his usual warm smile and politely bowed.

You quickly lifted your head up when you heard that name. You looked at the so-called new classmates and limply leaned back in disbelief. You could see how the girls already gone crazy while the boys mockingly scoffed in disgust.

You covered your mouth with both hands, trying to prevent yourself from screaming.

HOW CAN ALL OF THEM BE IN THE SAME CLASS WITH ME!?

You stared at those six boys in the front of the class. They stood in a line, flashing a smile while waving their hands at the girls who kept screaming hysterically. Leo was an exception tough. He just stood there silently with straight face and both hands placed in his pockets.

You could swear that even the teacher herself squealed.

So they were not joking when they said that they don’t want to be separated from me even just for a second?! Oh great…

After some short introductions, the teacher finally let the boys to sit, “Okay, you kids can sit on any empty seats. There are lots of them so feel free to sit wherever you like.”

The six boys suddenly had their eyes locked on you. You gulped when you noticed the empty seat next to yours.

Okay… so who’s going to sit beside me for the whole year?

You saw N and Ken suddenly raced to your direction and you could only sigh in embarrassment. Deep down you knew that they were both going to aim for that seat.

To be honest, you didn’t mind to sit with any one of them. It’s just that you couldn’t really stand noisy people like N and Ken. You would prefer to sit with ‘normal’ folks like Hongbin or Hyuk. Not to mention that Ravi was technically out of question because he was just simply a ert. As for Leo, he wouldn’t want to sit with you anyway. That’s for sure.

Some of the girls raised their hands, offering the empty seats next to theirs. But the boys didn’t even look at them. They all had their minds focused on the seat next to yours. Unfortunately, only one of them could sit there, and that means war.

Uh oh. You silently said to yourself.

As expected, N and Ken were pushing each other while heading towards you, while Hyuk, Hongbin and Ravi calmly walked to the empty seats on the back of the class. They knew that they didn’t stand a chance against their two noisiest friends.

Right when N was about to sit beside you, Ken pulled him up and shoved him aside. Your eyes widened when it was Ken’s turn to be shoved by N. They did that for a couple of minutes while yelling at each other.

“I want to sit here!” Ken pointed at the empty seat, shouting.

“Really? Tell you what, I want to sit here too!” N shouted back.

The whole class just stayed silent in confusion as you covered your face with your hands. Those two had successfully embarrassed you with their childish actions on their first day of school.

Suddenly, you heard your classmates started to gossip again.

“Is this a love triangle?”

“Wow~ I didn’t know that ___ was that famous among boys.”

“Hey hey, who do you think will get the empty seat?”

“No fair, I want the cool boys to fight over me too~”

You dropped your head even lower, hoping that one of those two would just quickly sit beside you so that those girls would shut up and leave you alone.

“Ken! N! There’s another empty seat right here, you know!” The teacher suggested. But they didn’t even budge.

You couldn’t take this anymore. You jerked your head and were about to yell at them. But what happened next successfully rendered you speechless.

You could see how both N and Ken were suddenly shoved back and landed harshly on the floor.

“Ouchhhh..!” They groaned in unison.

Your eyes widened and you heard the whole class gasped in shock.

“I’ll sit here.”

You stayed silent with your mouth gawked in surprise. Eyes locked on a tall figure that suddenly appeared from behind those two’s backs.

“What? Stop staring at my face.”

You quickly blinked and finally shut your mouth. You shook your head vigorously and looked away, avoiding his gaze with face all red from blushing.

From all people, why does it have to be Leo!? God… Is this some kind of punishment!? I thought nightmare only comes when you’re sleeping, not when you’re all awake like this!

N and Ken looked at each other and sighed. As much as they wanted to sit with you, they knew that they could never beat Leo.

The two of them hesitantly walked to the remaining empty seats while muttering silent curses. Hongbin and Ravi were staring at them, exchanging smirks with their heads shook mockingly.

“Whoa~ looks like the ugly duckling got some new admirers.” Junhyung whistled and fist bumped with his gang.

You quickly glared at him, but much to your surprise, Ravi, who sat right beside Junhyung, kicked his right leg hardly. His face remained indifferent as Junhyung writhed in pain.

Junhyung rubbed his leg and yelled, “What the hell was that for!?”

“Huh? Oh, sorry. My legs are kind of slippery.” He flashed Junhyung a fake smile and you could see the latter gulped hard.

Ravi shifted his gaze at you and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter