Brand New Year

Voodoo Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] Hello gorgeous readers! First of all, we want to THANK YOU all again for making "Voodoo Boys" getting featured. It's unbelievable and beyond awesome.

We are truly touched and hope all of you will keep supporting this story until the end!

And we would like to apologize for the very late update. Nowadays, we are quite busy with our jobs and we hope you guys would understand us.

But we promise to work harder and be better authors to everyone! Love you all!<3

Okay then, enough blabbering! Enjoy the story! :)

 

“…Until when?”

The tone your brother used was calm yet eerily intimidating. What he just said was meant to be a question, yet it didn’t sound like one to the boys. Rather, it sounded more like ‘I’m sick of you s so you better get your s out from my house’.

N gulped, his face was as pale as white sheet, “W-well… We can’t really give you the exact date, b-but… We’ll leave as soon as we can. That’s all we can promise you…”

“Oppa…” You gripped on his sleeve, begging him to stop bringing the boys even deeper than they already were. Only to have him flashing the fakest smile he ever gave you.

“To your room now, young lady. It’s late.”

He was smiling yet his stare told you the other way. You knew your brother better than anyone else, so it wasn’t hard for you to realize that he was just a push away from exploding.

“N-No! Not until the talk is over!”

You stayed still, ignoring the glare he later sent you. There’s no way you would leave the boys alone with you brother. As the last time you did, they ended up kneeling in the snowstorm for the whole night. And you didn’t dare to think what might happen this time.

Studying the boys’ face, you noticed that each set of their eyes reflected pretty much the same thing. Clouded with a thin cloud of fear, there was pure determination. It gave you a clear hint that they were here for your brother’s approval, and not the otherwise.

 

“Okay…”

 

Your brother suddenly breathed out. His face lacked of something like emotion, but it didn’t stop you to notice that his cheeks began to blush in red. Either because he still couldn’t get over from his last can of booze or he was holding himself back from saying something very embarrassing.

“…I’ve been giving this matter a thought for several days now. It’s not easy. In fact, it freaking frustrates me.” He sighed with elbows propped on his knees, palms covering most of his face.

“Just when I thought I would find something to send all of you to jail… All I found was instead a proof that you jerks meant nothing like harm to my sister…”

The boys’ front drastically turned bright. By the corner of their lips you could see a soon-to-be smile. Yet the boys knew that it was way too far from them to be happy.

“I can’t say that I’m buying your ridiculous story. And I guess I never will… But—” His averted his gaze from the six dolls on the carpeted floor, digging his head low.

 

 

“I’ll try to believe it.”

 

 

That second, your eyes sparkled in happiness, with a wide grin that soon appeared on your face. You could hear the boys released the relieved sigh they had been holding back all this time. 

“So that means…” Slinging an arm around your brother’s, you flashed him a mischievous smile. Even redder shades were quick to emerge on his face and he didn’t waste a second to look away.

“I-I’m doing this for your sake, okay!? It’s not like I’m pitying these imbeciles or anything!” He bit his lips, whirling his head left and right in a pointless attempt of avoiding your gaze.

“Uh—A-anyway…” He coughed, “I’m not going to say this twice, so you better listen carefully, alright!?”

The boys nodded in unison, soon had their attention focused on the eldest on the black recliner.

 

 

 

“Yourottenteabagsareallowedtostayhereuntilyou’reingfreedfromyouringcurseorwhateverthatisIdon’tevengivea.”

 

 

 

Like a professional rapper, your brother spitted out those words in what felt like lightning speed. Ended with an awkward cough that further convinced you that he was beyond embarrassed right now.

As if someone just lit up fireworks in the living room, everyone except your brother abruptly stood up. Screaming happily.

“OH MY GOD!! I didn’t hear it wrong, right?? Y-you’ve accepted them, right??!”

Nodding, your brother later slapped his own face before letting out a loud grunt. He had been thinking about this for days and was actually reluctant about letting the boys stay. But as much as he hated the idea of living together with six suspicious-looking strangers, he couldn’t stand seeing you cry. So there he made his decision.

 

A decision that he might regret for the rest of his life. 

 

Yet watching how you merrily jumped to the boys and hugged, forced him to believe that he had indeed made the right choice.

“Oh my God—I’m so happy!!” You repeatedly yelped, half-crying.

“Finally!!” The youngest smile became even wider as he jumped up and down while hugging your petite frame. With Ken’s ear-splitting scream filling the entire house, you saw how N forcefully pulled Ravi and Leo into a hug, earning himself annoyed groans from the two as he rocked their body left and right madly.

“I can’t believe this! We’re finally going to be together again!” Hongbin shrieked, joining you and Hyuk in the hug. His dimples looked even deeper as the boy smiled from ear to ear.

The laughter soon subsided when N suddenly turned to your brother and bowed his head down, “Hyung… Thank you. For believing in us…”

The rest of the boys followed suit and bowed down as well, thanking the eldest wholeheartedly. Never in your life had you seen the boys being this happy. Like, really happy.

“Told you. I’m doing this for my sister.”

N smiled, “I know. But still, thank you. And we promise that we’ll take good care of ___.”

The others nodded as well, reassuring your brother that N’s words weren’t said for a mindless reason. That they would do anything they could to protect you. Their one and only savior.

N looked up and sent a warm smile to your brother, “We promise you we will take a good care of ___…”

Your brother cleared his throat awkwardly, “O-of course you will!” Standing up, he jumped forward and abruptly pulled you away from the boys.

“But in one condition!”

He stared at each one of the boys, tightening his grip on you, “You’re all allowed to live here until you’re done with the ing curse or whatever it is. But—“

The stare soon turned into a glare. Gone were the reddish tints on his cheeks and it didn’t take the boys the thickest dictionary to figure that your brother had gone real serious this time.

“Don’t hurt my sister. Make her cry and I’ll kill you guys with my own hands.” He growled “And second—”

 

 

“—Don’t ever think of touching her.”

 

 

The six boys gulped before obediently nodded. Even Ken, out of panic, raised his hand and saluted your brother.

“Y-yes, Sir!” The boy shrieked.

You briefly laughed upon watching his absurdness and later turned around to hug your brother, “Thank you so much, oppa… You’re the best brother in the world…”

Having his little sister in his chest, your brother couldn’t help but smiled and patter your head, “You’re welcome…”

The six voodoo boys looked at each other, exchanging smiles before they caught your brother staring at them with a rather an un-amused expression,

“Just so you know, I’m taking back my room. So you bastards better find a new place to crash in. Because there’s no way I’m sharing room with you dickheads.”

He was close to climb the stairs when he suddenly stopped halfway and turned to the boys, “And don’t even think of sleeping inside ___’s room.” He brought two fingers across his eyes before jabbing them to the boys’ direction, “Remember. I’m watching you.”

Again, the boys nodded and waited until your brother returned to his room. And the moment they heard a door being slammed, grins were once again plastered on their face.

“So… Problem’s solved, right?” You leered at them.

The boys laughed and were about to pull you into a hug again before Ken swiftly pushed you back and glanced upstairs, “Hey, guys. He’s watching, remember?”

“Aww… That’s too bad.” N pouted, retreating the stretched arms back.

“I guess we should really start to mind our actions. That, or her brother will kick our asses out from this house.” Hyuk warned.

“Yeah, we should be thankful that he’s letting us stay.” Hongbin added, patting your head while flashing you his dimples, “Anyway, it’s late. You should go to sleep now, ___. We can talk again tomorrow.”

You were close to head for the stairs when you felt something on your arm. Looking back, you were soon greeted with a blue head clinging onto you like a baby koala.

“Umm… Ravi…?”

The boy stood still and instead snuggled deeper to your neck, “I’m not sleeping together with N.” He stinks.”

“Ya, Kim Wonshik. Get your filthy hands off her or I swear I’ll shave your freaking head in your sleep tonight.” The eldest threateningly said; only to have Ravi sticking his tongue out at him.

“Aishh… Kim Dumbshik!” Hyuk screamed, “Didn’t you hear what hyung said!? Stay away from her!” He tried to pull the older away but Ravi further tightened his hug on you.

“Ravi… I need to sleep…” You lightly patted his arm.

He shook his blue head, “But I miss you, baby…!”

“And so do we, you silly!” Hongbin rolled his eyes and sighed, “Come on, let her go, Ravi-ya. Stop acting like a kid being sent to a foster home like this!”

“Ya ya ya, this kid has gone nuts. Which part of ‘don’t touch her’ that you don’t understand, huh?” Ken joined the crowd, slapping the younger’s arm, “Are you deaf?”

“Shut up.” Ravi glared at the sharp-nosed brother, “So what if he said so? It doesn’t mean that we can’t touch her when he’s not around, right?”

Both Ken and N were about to tackle the blue-haired boy down when a scream suddenly came from upstairs.

 

“I HEARD THAT, YOU BLUE ! NOW KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER!!”

 

It’s the first day of the brand new year. The day normally spent with the beloved ones. The day best spent with doing things one’s like. But there you were, sprawled soullessly on the sofa, drawing breaths with sweats running down from your temple like a waterfall.

“I… can’t… do it… anymore…” You panted; staring at figure hovered above you with half-closed eyes.

“Are you okay, Princess? I told you to take it slowly…”

“Yes, Ken… I’m okay…. I just, ugh— need some rest.” You retorted, feeling your hips aching as you tried to steady your breaths.

“Stay still…” Ken whispered, slowly ran a hand to your waist. “I’ll make you feel good.”

You felt his fingers roamed around the lower part of your body. And it didn’t take it a long time to jolt up, welcoming the pleasant touches.

“Oh my God— Ken…” You took his hand, trying to get it off you when all you wanted was for him to venture even farther.

“Sssh… Relax…” He placed a finger on your lips, brushing it softly.

 

 

 

 

“I’m trying to massage your sore legs.”

 

 

 

 

He pressed his thumb even harder on your ankle, “Aigoo~ I told you, a Princess should never do house chores~!”

You chuckled, “No, Ken. You can’t expect to stand still when you guys were busy cleaning the whole house. Besides, I need to work out too sometimes, right?”

The boy grinned. He was about to retort when he heard loud footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Lee Jaehwan. Get your back here before I stab your precious nostril with this.” Hyuk showed up with a broom in his hand, threateningly made a stabbing motion with it.

“Uhh… Alright then, I guess that’s my cue.” He pinched your cheek softly before making his way to the stairs, singing something that sounded like ‘Han Sanghyuk is the spawn of Satan’ on his way there.

 

 

“JUNG LEO, COME BACK HERE YOU MORON! YOU’RE NOT DONE CLEANING THE SINK YET!! AND STAY AWAY FROM THE DOUGHNUTS—YA!!!”

 

 

This time, N’s voice echoed inside the kitchen and you could easily imagine what kind of mayhem was happening there.

Sighing, you closed your eyes, recalling what had happened this morning. This whole thing started when your brother told the boys to clean the house. Telling them that ‘new year cleaning’ had always been a tradition in your family. It was obviously a lie, yet you didn’t have the heart to tell that it was just his excuse to order the boys around.

Besides, you also felt like this house could use some cleaning. Considering how the boys’ stuff had literally filled nearly every single space in this house. Just like Ravi’s mini DJ machine that had been adorning the coffee table and Ken’s game consoles that had formed a long line on the carpeted floor of the living room.

Your brother actually counted you out from this, but like you said, you couldn’t let them do all the hard work. So you spent the first four hours of your day helping Ravi and Hongbin cleaning the backyard and porch. But that was until you were out of juice and finally broke down on the sofa.

“___…”

A soft voice woke you up from your short nap. You felt hands holding yours, gently your fingers. “H-huh? O-oh… sorry. Looks like I feel asleep. Umm… Is everything okay?”

He hummed, “Yeah. Everything is under control. Ravi is taking care of the laundry right now. And I was on my way to water the plants on the front yard when I saw you sleeping here… You must be really tired, huh…”

You gasped, forcing yourself to sit up, “I-I’m sorry… I’ll go help Ravi now—“

“—No. It’s okay. Just go back to your room and take a rest. We can handle this.” Hongbin smiled, reaching for your hair to fix it, “You’ve done so much for us today. Besides, we don’t want your brother to scold us for making his precious little sister sick.”

“Yeah… I think you’re right.” You sighed in defeat, having the boy patted your head one last time before he stood up.

“We’ll call you when dinner’s ready.” He flashed you his dimpled smile as he walked towards the front door with a plastic watering can in his hand.

Yawning, you were striding to the stairs when you suddenly ran into your brother. He was cursing with eyebrows tangled in fury.

“Uhh… Oppa? What’s wrong…?”

“Where’s N.”

Although confused, you ended up answering him anyway, “I think he’s in the kitchen… Wae?”

“That bastard used my notebook without my permission and— ew!”

Before you could stomach what was actually happening, you already had your brother storming inside the kitchen.

“CHA HAKYEON HOW DARE YOU PUT YOUR DISGUSTING FACE AS MY NOTEBOOK DESKTOP WALLPAPER!!!!!”

 

 

Seriously, how old are they again…?

 

With damp towel draped around your neck, you sat on the edge of your bed. Applying lotion before after shower had become more like a daily ritual to you, so there you rubbed the cold liquid to every crook of your body while humming your favorite tune.

It was nearly seven in the evening yet the commotion was still as a loud as ever downstairs. You could still clearly hear bickering between N and Ken, both fighting over who should take out the trash tonight with Ravi’s laughter in the background.

“Aigoo… They sure have a lot of energy.” You said to no one while putting the lotion back into the drawer. But instead, something caught your eyes.

J’s handkerchief…

Slowly, you reached for the fabric, tracing it with your thumb before something popped inside your head. That second, you hurriedly jumped to the desk, running your hands through the lined books before finally grabbing one with velvet blue cover.

You flipped its papers and soon found a tiny paper slipped between them.

“Found it.” You took it and hurled back to the bed. This time, snatching your cell phone. It took you less than five seconds to type down the numbers written on the paper, but the hardest part was always pressing the green button. So you decided to write a message instead.

 

To              : J

Subject       : [Annyeong.]

Hi, J. It’s me, ___.

I just want to make sure that I’m texting the right person. So if this is really you, please text me back.

Anyway, Happy New Year!

 

Placing your phone on the night desk, you were about to head back to the bathroom to put back your towel when a loud beep was heard.

 

From          : J

Subject       : [Annyeong, chingu~]

Hey, ___! I’ve been waiting for you to text me!

So glad that you finally did

Happy New Year to you too~!

How are you doing?

 

Tossing the towel to the backrest of your bed, you were all grinning as your fingers busily danced on the flat screen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter