Full Moon

Voodoo Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You laid your eyes on the ceiling with a blank expression on your face. Faint sounds of birds chirping and little kids cheering as they marched to school were heard in the distance. And the sudden warmness of the sunlight as it touched your cheek was enough to tell that it was already time to wake up. A soft sigh was blown as you pushed yourself to sit on your bed.

Gosh… I totally couldn’t sleep. You ruffled your hair and rubbed your eyes.

As you squeezed your eyes, trying to brush the drowsiness away, you eventually had your gaze fixed at the white rectangular object on your night desk. You slowly pried them opened, and stared at the calendar as a familiar voice echoed in your head.

“Tomorrow is full moon…”

Leo’s face was the first thing that came across your mind, and you hesitantly bit your lip.

So it’s today, huh?

You barely left your comfy bed yet you already had your mind full with the thoughts on would Leo’s trigger probably today. It scared you, and it was just natural after all the horrible things that happened to you when the same thing occurred to Hongbin last week. It was too much for you to take and you didn’t want to see any of them turned into a monster. Not again.

Worse, in such an important day like this, you could barely rest yourself. Thanks to those frightening images of the evil taking over Leo’s body for replaying inside your head all night long.

The small digital clock perched right next to the calendar showed numbers of 6:15 on its screen. You spouted out an ironic chuckle as you realized that you woke up right before it rang. And so far, it was actually the first in this year. Although in fact, you were already awake before the sun was right up there.

Your skinny arm then reached for the alarm and turned it off before it could wake the whole house up with its annoying loud sound. You then dragged your feet to the bathroom as you decided to take a nice warm bath and get ready for school.

 

Hongbin yawned as he made his steps downstairs. He still had a stripy wife-beater and grey thin training pants wrapped around his huggable toned body. Not to mention his hot messy bed hair that made him looked even ier despite of the fact that he just returned for the dreamland less than four minutes ago.

He was having his way to the kitchen, with eyes adorably rubbed, when he suddenly caught a slender figure in the dining area, busily placing empty bowls and plates on the table.

…Hmm?

He rubbed his eyes even harder before blinking them for a few times, trying to make himself believe that he was already awake and that whatever he saw in front of him was not a dream.

“____?”

Hongbin whispered your name in a slightly surprised tone and you turned at him with a smile.

“Oh, good morning.”

You greeted him with a wooden ladle branched on your right hand, gently mixing the yellowish liquid as it whirled inside a big steel pot before pouring them into each of the bowls.

The pale skinned boy approached you with head awkwardly scratched, “…What are you doing?”

“Me?”  You shifted your gaze back at him, “I’m playing chess.” You sarcastically answered.

“…Huh?” He only stared at you with mouth confusedly formed an ‘O’.

You playfully slapped his arm, “Geez, Lee Hongbin! I’m preparing breakfast for us, of course! You haven’t fully waked up, haven’t you?!” You giggled as you spotted some of his hair tangled with each other.

“N-no… I know you’re making breakfast, but-- why? Isn’t it supposed to be my duty?” He made sure to give a firm intonation to his words.

“So what? Is it wrong if I want to make breakfast sometimes?” You replied as you went back to the kitchen with the now nearly empty pot in your hands.

Hongbin pouted in annoyance, “I thought we already have a deal that I’ll be the one who takes care of cooking in this house…”

“And who says I’m not allowed to help? I don’t remember having a rule saying that no one could help you to prepare the breakfast.” You forced a laugh as water from the faucet began to fill the pot, slightly cleaned it.

“Just go back to your room, please. And get yourself changed.”

You took off the apron from your body, hooking it back to the hanger next to the cabinet, “Ah, and wake up the others too, please~”

“But--“

“Lee Hongbin.” You cut him and he shut himself up immediately, “I’ve been very thankful to have you guys helping me around. Not to mention how all of you always make me happy every single day. That’s why, please at least let me do something to thank the six of you.”

“No need to. Like I said, your existence alone is perfect for us, ____.” He had his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Aigoo… so noisy~” You had your eyes rolled as you pushed him towards the stairs.

“Y-ya! Hey!” Hongbin struggled but you kept on pushing him.

“Go go go~! The soup is going to be cold!” You groused and he finally sighed in defeat.

He finally went back to his room and you smiled in victory. You then trotted back to the kitchen to get the eating utensils out and pour down the drinks.

 

“My princess!!!”

You immediately had your head shook when you heard Ken’s voice filled the entire house. Loud footsteps were the next thing that followed and you were sure that those were his too.

Just when you were about to sit on your chair, someone suddenly turned your body.

“W-whoa!” You slightly yelped and you realized that Ken was right behind you, hugging your body with his face placed on your back.

“Good morning~” He cooed happily as he sniffed the fresh scent of your hair and lifted you up.

“G-good morning too, K-ken… now put me down!” You hit his arms on your waist lightly but he just giggled while shaking his head, hugging you even tighter.

“Ya, put her down or I’ll break your nose with this spoon.”

You looked to your left and saw the eldest next to the table. He got a spoon firmly gripped in his hand as he stared at Ken with threatening look on his face.

Ken hurriedly put you down and covered his nose, “No! Just not my nose! This is the most precious asset in my life, you know!” He then ran to his seat.

“Good morning, N.” You laughed.

“Good morning too, my honey~” He flashed you a warm smile before escorting you to the table, making you sit beside him.

“You know what? You nearly gave us a heart attack when Hongbin told us that you were the one who’s cooking today’s breakfast! I swear I instantly jumped off from my bed and ran to the bathroom! Well… that was until I accidently bumped my knee to the drawer…”

N pointed to his knee, “It hurts~~~” He faked a cry and you snickered.

“Oops, sorry.” You rubbed the back of your neck apologetically.

“No! It’s worth it, actually! Because I’ll be the first to taste your cooking! Yeahh~” N quickly lifted his spoon, ready to dig in.

“He’s cheating!” Hyuk suddenly came over with his finger furiously jerked at N, “I was about to take a shower first, but he shoved me! You meanie! Can’t you see this scratch on my forehead?! This is because of you!”

“Omo!” You gasped when you saw a reddish mark on the youngest’ forehead.

Hyuk then sat on the seat next to you and you touched his head worriedly, “What happened?!”

“Nah, don’t worry. It actually doesn’t hurt at all.” He grinned at you.

But the smile didn’t last long as he shifted his gaze back at N, glaring at him, “That idiot pushed me and made my head knocked to the chair. Yet he didn’t even apologize…”

The youngest grabbed his spoon and was about to throw it at N, who kept on stirring the soup silently, not giving a damn. Good thing that you were fast enough to caught his wrist.

“Hyuk!”

He automatically stopped and put the spoon back on the table, but his mouth was still busy lashing out curses at N.

“I don’t care~” N stuck his tongue out at him before had his focus back to the soup.

N scooped a spoonful of soup to his mouth and instantly smiled with both hands clasped in the air happily.

“Bravo! So delicious!!” He then hugged your side tightly while rubbing his head to your shoulder like a little kitten. For a second there, you nearly had an urge to his hair.

“T-thanks…” You smiled shyly, “I’m sorry but I can only make simple stuffs like cream soup. My cooking skill is far beyond Hongbin’s after all...”

“No, you’re not.” A voice suddenly emerged from the back, “You’re amazing in many other ways too.” Hongbin argued as he walked to the table, fixing his tie.

You spotted Ravi right behind Hongbin. He barely had his uniform wrapped his body, and you could clearly see him as he busy attaching the buttons. You caught a glimpse of his tantalizingly well-formed chocolate abs and you quickly looked away.

Ravi noticed how pinkish shades suddenly blossomed on your cheeks. He knew what you just saw and he smirked in response.

Oh, God…. I can never get enough of your cuteness, ____…

“Okay, itadakimasu!” Ken suddenly shouted in Japanese and started to savor your homemade soup. Hyuk followed him as well, eager to taste your cooking.

“Omona~ words can’t even describe how badly I wanted to eat your cooking for every single day of my life. This is just too perfect!” N wrapped his hands around you again and your cheeks turned even pinker.

“I-I understand… but could you please get those hands off me… n-now?” You tried to yank the tan-skinned boy away as he started to place his cheek on yours.

He nearly planted a kiss on your cheek when Ravi suddenly rolled his necktie around the eldest’ neck and pulled him away.

“Enough, N. _____ needs to eat her breakfast too.”

N hissed in annoyance and you exhaled in relief. Phew… thanks, Ravi.

“By the way, what makes you cooked breakfast for us today?” Ravi had his head slightly tilted.

“Why? Am I not allowed to?”

You scratched the tip of your nose and sipped your hot milk. Somehow, you didn’t want any of them to know that the reason was simply because you woke up too early this morning.

“No… it’s just--“ He yawned, “This is actually the first time for me to instantly wake up just after hearing a single sentence of ‘____ is cooking breakfast for us’. Unbelievable, huh?”

“True~” Ken chuckled, “Just so you know, a war was close to erupt back then. Just because we were all fighting over who would take a shower first.”

“Yeah, I heard it. Loud and clear.” You snorted as you recalled how loud those boys shouted as they raced to the bathroom.

It was Hongbin’s turn to gulp down your soup and you watched how he repeatedly had his head shook. “Aigoo… you were lying when you said that my cooking is better, right? This is super tasty!"

“What are you talking about? Your cooking is the best!” You stared at him with eyes opened wide, “I’m telling you the truth!”

He chuckled, “Arasseo~ but for me, your cooking is the best.” He flashed you a wink and gave you a peace sign.

“Damn, girl. You’re pretty, y, caring and smart. And now you also turn out to be a great cook! I’ll do anything to have a perfect wife like you. Is there anything that you can’t do?” Ravi mumbled as he slurped.

“Y-ya! Enough praising me and just eat your breakfast, will you?!” You eyed each of the boys but they just chuckled, further reddening your already blushed face.

“S-stop staring at me!!”

All of them burst out an even louder laugh before eventually continued eating. You ended up smiling proudly at yourself too, because you were glad that all of them loved your cooking. Too bad the smile only lasted for a second when you realized an empty seat in other side of the table.

“What is it? Are you full already?” Hyuk set his eyes on you the moment he noticed that you suddenly stopped eating.

Your expression quickly changed into a worried one, “Where is… Leo?”

The five were stiffened and exchanged glances with each other.

“He hasn’t woken up yet?”

Another question was blurted out and you waited for answer. But none of them uttered a single word.

“…Guys?”

“He already woke up.” Hongbin suddenly spoke, putting an end to the silence.

He didn’t say anything else and you grew confused. You had your eyes locked on his and it wasn’t even hard for you to see how nervous he suddenly looked.

“Then… why is he not going down and have his breakfast?”

The second silence broke as the boys had their heads hung low in silent. You got this feeling that they somehow didn’t want to look at you.

“What happened to him? Is he sick?” He became even more worried.

“No… he’s not.” Hyuk softly whispered and you looked at him.

“Then why?” You had your eyebrows frustratingly furrowed.

Ravi sighed and placed his spoon on the edge of his bowl, “You know… there’ll be a full moon today.”

His words left an aching sensation to your heart and you gulped, “Yeah… I know.”

“Leo’s trigger is actually full moon.” N stared at you worriedly.

The moment he said that, you noticed how your heart began to thump faster. You were scared, but you tried your best to look as composed as possible.

“Y-yeah, I know that too… but the moon isn’t even up there yet-- I mean… his trigger won’t turn on until he sees the moon, right?”

“Yes, that’s true… but, Leo…” Ken bit his lower lip as he slightly hesitated to spill more.

“He always locks himself up inside his room whenever the full moon appears.”

Your eyes opened even wider, “B-but, he needs to eat! He can’t just lock himself up and not eating anything for the whole daylong! At least-- not until night comes!”

“No.” N grabbed your hand.

“Leo… he thinks that it’ll be safer this way. You know, for the five of us. Our triggers are something that we could avoid, to prevent them from getting switched on. And in our case, they always happen unintentionally… but it works differently on Leo.”

“He’s the only one among us who knows whenever his trigger would appear, and it’s not something that you could stop from happening. Considering how it’ll definitely be up there once in a month.”

Ravi continued, eyes locked on you, “He always feels paranoid when days like this come. And he’s afraid that he would make mistakes due to his unstable emotions and end up unintentionally hurt the people around him.”

“That’s why, he…” Hongbin stared blankly, “Leo always made himself locked up in a room… and waited for the day to pass alone.”

“Yeah… that’s why we always found him either fainted or barely conscious the very next day. Usually from dehydration. But there were times where he was so stressed out from thinking too much too. Sometimes we would even need to break the door first, because he’s too weak to even unlock it.” Ken sighed as he stirred the remaining soup in his bowl.

What Ken just said had successfully made cold sweats fell from your temples. All the thoughts of Leo fainting or getting sick worried you as hell.

“N-no! We can’t let that happen!” You suddenly rose from your seat and the boys stared at you in shock.

“I… I don’t want to see him sick.” You then grabbed an empty bowl, his bowl, “I’m going to bring him his breakfast--“

“Don’t.” N quickly wrapped his hand around your wrist, but you yanked it away.

“_____, stop it.” Hyuk stood up and caught your hand too. But you yanked him away too.

You hurried yourself as you poured the soup to the bowl and ran to the kitchen to grab a food tray. The boys didn’t say anything but they all had a depressed look on their faces.

In less than a minute, you were back to the table for the bowl. You were too busy with all the thoughts in your head that you didn’t even realize how dark Ravi’s expression had become. He then stood up and approached you from behind.

Just before you could put the bowl on the tray, Ravi already had your body turned at him forcefully, both hands gripping your shoulders tightly.

“LISTEN TO ME!!!”

You instantly flinched. He just yelled at you loudly and you were taken aback with it. This was actually the first for Ravi to treat you like this, so you couldn’t help but to feel hurt inside. You clearly saw how fierce his eyes were as they pierced yours. And yes, he got you scared.

“Ya! Kim Ravi!”

Both Hongbin and Hyuk shouted in unison as they shot Ravi a glare, telling him not to raise his voice to you. Ravi eventually noticed your pale face and pulled his hands back from your shoulders. He then had his head sunk low, feeling guilty.

“S-sorry… I-I didn’t mean too--“

“…It’s okay.” You looked away, but you wouldn’t lie that you were disappointed with him.

“______...” He looked back to you and placed his hand on your cheek, caressing it, “It’s for your own good… please.”

You stayed quiet, even when Ravi began to cup your face, “Please, stay away from him. Just for one day… will you?”

You tried hard to hold back your tears with lips sealed tight. You could hear him called your name again, but you didn’t even want to look at Ravi in the eyes, more like, you couldn’t. Hyuk noticed that and he left his seat too, slowly walked towards you.

“_____, Leo will be fine.” He turned your body and slightly bent his until his face was on your eye level.

“Everything will be back to normal again tomorrow… trust me.” He tried to assure you, but you still had your mouth shut, not letting out a single word.

Ravi made a loud sigh and finally let go of you. He then returned to his seat with a frustrated look set on his sharp face, poking his food angrily.

“Now just eat your breakfast. We can’t be late for school today, right?” Hyuk gave you a smile as he grabbed your hands.

He was about to pull them, dragging you back to your chair, when you suddenly yanked his hand away and took the tray in front of you. You then ran as fast you could towards the stairs, before any of the boys could stop you.

“_____!!” Both Ken and Hongbin stood up in response, surprised with your act. Even Ravi tensed up when he saw you ran away so suddenly like that.

Hyuk was going to catch you when he felt an arm stopping him.

“Let her do it…”

“But, N--“ The youngest tried to complain but the eldest quickly shot a glare to shut him up.

“I said, let her do it.” He sternly repeated his words, “Leo won’t hurt her… I believe he still hasn’t lost his mind by now. Just like what ____ said, the moon hasn’t showed up yet.”

With just that, he sent the youngest back to his seat.

 

The grip on the tray you were holding tightened as you stopped in front of a wooden door. You could feel your heart beat faster and cold sweats ran down from your forehead. As much as you worried about Leo, the fear inside your mind was also still there.

You gulped nervously and took a deep breath. You held the tray with one of your hands, and had the other hand risen in the air, ready to knock on the door.

“Leo…?” You called his name softly, but there was no response.

With hand slightly trembled, you knocked on the door again, hoping that Leo would show his face as he opened it up. But the door was still firmly shut.

You bit your lower lip and knocked even harder, making sure that Leo heard the knocks.

“Leo… please, open the door.” You called his name again but the door in front of you still wouldn’t open.

Loud sigh was blown from your mouth as you stared at the soup on the tray.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk to me… but, at least… please eat your breakfast.”

You muttered as if the door was Leo. Deep down, you knew that he must have heard your words, but he just refused to open the only thing that bounded the two of you two see each other. Simply because he didn’t want you to see him in his current state.

You lifted your hand and had it hovered above the door knob, twisting it. You were hoping that it would turn out to be unlocked. But it was not. You knew that there was no way that Leo would let that happens.

“Leo…”

Images of Leo fainting from stress and exhaustion flashed in your mind and you became even more worried about him.

“Leo, please… I’m worried about you.” You pleaded.

A couple of minutes had passed and the door was still closed, locked.

“Leo……” You placed your hand on the door, “Everything will be fine… we’re all here for you.” Your lips suddenly formed a smile, as if it was actually Leo who stood in front of you.

“I will be here for you... so please, stop keeping everything to yourself. Stop dealing with your problems alone… you can face it-- no, we can face it together.”

Silent was your answer and you chuckled dryly.

“I… I will just leave the food here. Umm… I made this myself, so I hope you’d like it, Leo.”

It was clear to you that Leo would never open the door. So you decided to just leave the food tray in front of it. Who knows, maybe he would ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter