Bittersweet Deal

Voodoo Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here!?”

You glared at your kidnapper in shock. The tight grips on your wrists loosened but you were still nailed to the wall. Your panicked breathings gradually calmed down as you knew who he was, but your expression darkened with a growing urge to punch the person in front of you.

“Let go of me!” You tried to lift your legs up in the air, hoping that they could land some nice kicks on your kidnapper, too bad you failed as the latter took a step closer and further closed the distance between both of you.

He refused to let you go and even brought his body closer to yours, and for that you grew amazingly annoyed.

“Are you out of your mind?! Ya! I said let me go!!!”

A frustrated groan was what followed when both of your bodies touched. Without any doubt, you hated it when someone did a skin ship with you like this. Of course, the boys were exempted from this matter. There were no days without skin ships with them, yet they knew their limit by respecting your personal space. But this one is different.

You shot your kidnapper a death glare.

“I swear…. If you don’t let me go now-- I’ll shout!”

Much to your surprise, he didn’t seem to waver upon hearing your threat. He just simply chuckled as he jerked his head towards yours.

“Go ahead, do it… as if anyone will hear you from here.”

With jaws clenched shut, you eventually learned that his words were unfortunately true. No one would show up in the emergency exit at late night like this. Well at least, not unless the whole building was on fire or a zombie outbreak was happening out there.

You balled your fists in anger, anger slowly climbed up inside you.

“I said. Let. Me. Go.”

“Ohhh~ scary~~~” The kidnapper flashed you a nasty smirk, he brought your hands down to your side but his grip didn’t weaken at all.

“I was wrong about you… I thought you have changed…”

“Pshh, stupid girl… no one could change that easily, baby…” He took his time tracing his fingers on your cheek, jaw, and down to your pointy chin.

His eyes scanned the bandage on your head, “Tell me, sweetie… did those barbaric brainless Neanderthals hurt you again?”

You knew to whom those sarcastic words were addressed to, but you remained silent. Nothing came out from your lips even when he began to tap your chin softly with his forefinger.

“…You sure like it rough, huh?”

You couldn’t hold your temper anymore.

“Go to hell, Yong Junhyung.”

“Aigoo~ so feisty… just how I like it~” Junhyung his lips wickedly. He then tilted his head with eyes fixed on your lips.

“Go away!!!” You yelled to him, but it didn’t stop him from pinning your body to the wall with yours.

“Yong Junhyung! Y-ya!!!”

You mustered your strength to push him back but he was simply too strong for you. As a man, you got to admit that Junhyung was gifted with a firmly built body. The moment you put your hands on his chest you finally learned that he wouldn’t budge no matter how hard you tried to yank him away.

“Hey… don’t you think it’d be too dangerous to keep on living with those six brutes?”

What…?

You stopped fighting him as you eyed him with eyes bolted wide. You were too shocked to wonder whether it was just your ears messing around with you, or he had just indeed revealed the biggest secret in your life.

“Be careful. They might not as decent as their looks.” Junhyung averted his gaze to your eyes, staring intensely at you. You had known him for years yet you had never seen him being this serious.

Nervousness was the only thing that you felt right now.

How could he know that I’m living with them!?

“Surprised…?” Another smirk formed on his lips, “You must be thinking how in the world I could found out about this, right?” He put a strand of your hair behind your ear.

You went completely mute as you stayed rigid on your feet. With eyes still locked on Junhyung’s you started to fill your mind with thoughts like whether you had once foolishly slip-tongued and spilled the secret about you and the boys at school.

Junhyung noticed the tenseness on your face and laughed dryly.

“Ah~ you’re no fun…” He pouted while caressing your hair, curling its tip calmly as he kept on staring at your eyes, “I thought you might at least freak out or something… turns out, you’re an expert in hiding emotions.”

You took a deep breath and finally dared to blurt a question, “H-how… how did you know about this…?”

He snickered, “You guys seriously need to learn how to behave in public places. Talking so damn loud like a bunch of bickering baboons… this is a freaking hospital for God’s sake.”

You finally remembered how loud the boys were talking as the seven of you were making your way towards the exit, and with that you felt like slapping yourself. You were about to ask him on what else did he overheard but Junhyung was fast enough to cut you.

“So, tell me… how does it feel to live with… boys? Six boys, if I may add…?”

“We’re not living together.” Firmly said. No signs of hesitations.

You had swore to yourself not to tell anyone about this, and Junhyung was not an exception either. The only exception would be your older brother when he returned from Japan later. But for now, you would never tell anyone the truth, even if you had to risk your life. The boys always did their best to protect you, so naturally you would do the same for them too.

“Oh, really?” Junhyung asked in a mocking tone, “I can see insecurities in your eyes, baby~”

“Don’t ‘baby’ me… It’s disgusting.”

You said without blinking and he looked pleased with your boldness.

“Well… too bad that I don’t believe you.” He stuck his tongue out and you could swear that you felt like cutting it with a knife. A mute Junhyung had become something that you would die to see.

“I don’t expect you to believe me either.” You pushed his shoulder with one hand and he finally backed away.

“Plus, I don’t give a damn on what you think, as I speak nothing but truth. I don’t see anything left to discuss, so step aside already will you?”

You were about to walk out from the door when Junhyung suddenly caught your wrists and pulled you back, rendering you to stumble and landed on his broad chest. Worse, he was quick enough to wrap his arms around your waist, leaving you no chance to escape.

“G-go away!!!” You erratically hit him on the shoulder and chest but he just tightened his grip on your slim waist.

“Six young men and a young girl under one roof~” He whistled playfully, “Say, how do you think people would react when I told them about this interesting story?”

You beamed him with another glare.

“Ya, Yong Junhyung… don’t you dare spreading groundless rumors about me!”

“Do you think such cute threats would scare me? Geez… it’s about time for you to stop looking down on me, baby girl~” Junhyung pulled your body closer and it disgusted you terribly.

“I warn you… I will never forgive you for this…” You pierced your finger to his shoulder.

“Trust me. I never ask you to forgive me.”

You glanced at the watch on your left wrists and gasped nearly instantly when you found out that 15 minutes had long passed since you parted ways with the boys. You knew that they would definitely be worried, and six worried over-protective boys would mean nothing but chaos.

“Let me go!!!” You groused in desperation but Junhyung didn’t show any intentions of letting you go.

“Imagine walking inside the classroom tomorrow with all eyes directed to you. Every single mouth at school gossiping about how you and your so-called cousins living together under one roof. You and your boys will definitely get more time to snuggle when they kicked you out from school.”

His laughing face was a complete opposite to your shocked expression.

Is this guy really serious about this?! Oh God-- give me a break!

“Just what the hell do you want, Yong Junhyung!?”

He automatically stopped laughing and leered at you perkily.

“I’d say we should make some kind of a deal, Princess…”

It didn’t take you a long time to realize that he was imitating Ken. You stayed grim as he tried too hard on changing his naturally deep voice to sound as high and as lively as Ken’s. He absolutely failed, and it made you feel as sick as hell.

You were hesitant for a few seconds. You couldn’t lie that would do anything to give him a “no”, but you were not that stupid to miss the fact that Junhyung would not be so happy to hear a rejection as he’d probably work on another nasty way to mess with your life and the boys’. But in the other hand, giving him a “yes” would earn you nothing but a nightmare either.

Nevertheless, the boys’ and their safety were far more important that yours right now, and you didn’t want to risk having another stupid rumor spreading at school like a wild fire. Being in the boys’ world, as their saviour, was already complicated for you, and you simply couldn’t let anything make your life felt even worse.

In the end, you had no other choice but to agree with whatever Junhyung called as a “deal”. All you wanted to do now was to return to the boys and tell them that you’re alright then go home safely without letting them notice anything about your not so fortunate encounter with this sick bastard called Yong Junhyung.

“Spill.” You saw him grinned in victory.

“Do me a favor and I’ll shut my mouth for good.”

You raised in eyebrow, “…What kind of favor?”

His grin widened and you could see something flickered in his eyes.

“Y-ya! Have you lost your mind?! You’re not asking me to do that kind of thing, are you?! Listen, I’m not some kind of , for you information!”

Junhyung burst out an ear-splittingly loud laughter as he finally let go of your waist. You could only stare in confusion when he began to hunch his body with both hands rested on his knees, still laughing.

“W-what the… stop laughing!” You slapped his arm.

He wiped the tears that slowly formed on the corner of his eyes while holding his stomach. He still looked pretty much cracked up yet tried to so hard to let out a word.

“Oh my, ___. You’re really an interesting girl…” The laughing continued.

“Stop laughing or you should just forget about this deal!”

“Fine fine~” He crossed his arms, “By the way, I won’t do anything like that to you, if that was what you were thinking about. I’m a man, indeed, but not one without a pride.” He giggled, “I’m not that cheap, you know.”

“Oh, sure…” You rolled your eyes.

“Anyway, about the deal.” He suddenly dug his head with a shy smile perched on his face. You actually found it kind of odd, but considering how his presence disgusted you so much, you quickly shooed such thoughts away.

“I need to you to do one thing for me, and if you agree, I promise I won’t tell anyone about this thing. This will be kept forever as a secret between you… and me.”

You tried your best not to spit on his face, “Okay. I agree. So what is it…? Just don’t think that I’d do anything funny for you. I won’t let you slave me away.”

Well… it’s not like I got any other choice in the first place…

He shook his head, digging his hands into his pockets, “I won’t. It’s just a simple thing, though…”

Smile hadn’t yet to vanish from his front as he finished the words, and you knew that something was not right. Strangely, you didn’t find anything dangerous like hidden threats in them either.

Just when you thought that he would finally spill the real deal, Junhyung suddenly pried the emergency door open and stepped his feet out.

“H-hey! Where are you going?! You haven’t told me anything!”

Junhyung whirled his neck and gave a nice cold grin, “We’ll save the best part for later. For now, a simple “I agree” from you is all that I need to hear. See you later, ugly!”

Just with that, and he was nowhere in sight.

Oh God… where have my peaceful days gone to?!

 

“Princess! Where have you been?!” Ken quickly ran to you when he finally spotted you walking out from the front door of the hospital.

You bowed your head, showing them an apologetic look. You knew they were worried or maybe freaked out because you had been missing for 20 minutes.

“I thought you were passed out inside the restroom!!” Ken cried while hugging you from behind.

“Are you okay?!” N came over with Leo, both of them had worries planted on their faces.

“I-I’m okay… It’s just…” You bit your lips and averted your eyes nervously from them.

I met with a bastard named Yong Junhyung and he was kind of ‘kidnapped’ me… Geez…

“Where have you been?” Hongbin furrowed his eyebrows as he held both of your hands, “We’ve checked every restroom but you were nowhere to found…”

“Yeah! We asked the cleaning lady and she said that you already went out 15 minutes ago…” Hyuk joined the interrogation.

You gulped, staring at them with a fake smile, “Oh… I…”

“Don’t say that someone kidnapped you…” Ravi suddenly blurted out, forcing you to gasp upon hearing his comment.

“Oh! N-no! Of course not!” You laughed awkwardly, “I was kind of… lost. I couldn’t remember the way out and ended up walking around the hospital… He-he…”

, Ravi! I thought you were a psychic for a moment there…! Thank God the so-called curse didn’t come with mind-reading power or I’d be a dead meat by now… well, Junhyung would be the one, actually.

“H-how could someone kidnap m-me? Ha-haha! That’s ridiculous!” You playfully hit his arm.

You forced to smile, “Come on, guys! We should get back home now! I don’t want to be late for school tomorrow!”

The boys looked at each other and grew somewhat suspicious with the way you act. But be it you were just too good in pretending or it was them who were quick to letting everything slip away the moment when they saw your smile, the boys didn’t say anything much but giving you an affirmative nod.

You began to sprint home and N was the first one to run after you.

“Oh, honey!” N ran while spreading both of his arms out, as if he was going to catch you. “Just wait until I get you!”

You giggled, sticking out your tongue at him.

Hongbin laughed and followed right after. “Hey! Wait for me too!”

Hyuk smirked before yelling loudly. “The last one to reach home will pay for tomorrow’s lunch at school! Haha!”

He then quickly lunged forward, leaving the other three who still remained dazed in front of the hospital.

Ravi chuckled and slung an arm around Leo’s neck, slightly pulling him to walk faster, “Come on, Leo. I know we both are not that royal to treat them tomorrow.”

Ken was the last one to realize the situation. He pouted as soon as he found out that everyone had long left him behind.

He scrunched his abnormally long nose and began to run. “Hey! Don’t leave without me!!”

 

“Phew…”

You sighed maybe for the countless times this morning. While staring at the bright blue sky and the moving clouds up there, random thoughts came across your mind. Somehow, for the very first time in your life, you didn’t feel like going to school today.

What if Junhyung actually lied? What if he ended up telling the whole school about my secret?

His words from yesterday rang again inside your head, further killing your spirit to show up at school.

“Imagine walking inside the classroom tomorrow with all eyes directed to you.”

You closed your eyes tightly, pondering what kind of bluffs you would have to blurt out to cover that rumor if it really went viral. Forget about the deal, years dealing with Yong Junhyung had taught you to never believe in someone so sly like him.

“Every single mouth at school gossiping about how you and your so-called cousins living together under one roof. You and your boys will definitely get more time to snuggle when they kicked you out from school.”

You looked down, cursing Junhyung under your breath because his words gave you nothing but headaches early in the morning. But your astounding reputation as a model student wouldn’t let you skip school just because of something ridiculous like this. If Junhyung was planning to pick a fight with you, then there’s no way you would give up and back away.

“Didn’t get enough sleep last night?”

His voice made you snap your neck at his direction. You saw him smiling at you with brown eyes staring at you gently. You let out another sigh when he placed a hand on top of your head, caressing your smooth black locks.

“Do you want me to give you a massage? I’m quite a pro at this…” He chuckled before waltzing behind you, putting his warm hands on your shoulder.

You giggled when he started to massage your shoulder, somewhat felt ticklish under his touch.

“Enough~ people are staring…” You giggled but he didn’t stop, earning you an even louder laugh from him.

“Trust me! You will feel better!”

“Ya! It’s ticklish! Ya! Stop it! Hahaha!” You jerked your shoulders up, trying to get his hands off you, but he was just too persistent, as always.

But whatever he was planning didn’t last very long when another voice interrupted, followed with a force brushing those hands off your shoulders.

“Quit it, Hyuk. She asked you to stop, didn’t she?”

N glared at the boy behind you and the latter just rolled his eyes, swiftly backed away just because he was too lazy to argue with the oldest in such early morning like this.

“It’s actually okay… but I’m just too ticklish…”

N crossed his arms in front of his chest, staring at you with a smirk, “Oh… so you are ticklish at that part?”

You nodded with a smile, “Yeah… kind of…”

You fixed your crooked blazer and tie as you scanned the road, expecting the bus to come earlier so that you and the boys wouldn’t be late for school.

“And then what about here?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter