IX.

Mine.

WOW I HAVENT UPDATED THIS IN YEARS, BUT WHATEVER LOL.

Also, sorry if this chapter looks weird, I'm doing it on my phone!

____________________________

 

"Just Jackson... seems fine to me." you laughed.

You grabbed your pillow and blanket and told Jackson that you were gonna sleep next to him. He looked nervous for a few second and then he was fine.

"Hey..." Jackson said.

"Yeah?" You answered.

"I'm gonna say something kinda weird, but just hear me out, ok?"

"Sure." You laughed.

"Can you be my 'go-to'?"

"Your 'go-to'? What's that?"

"Well, you told me something about yourself that no other human beings on the planet know, and I wanna be the person you 'go-to' to talk to about anything, and I want you to be the person I 'go-to'. Does that even make sense?"

"I understand," you laughed. "just Jackson, my 'go-to'" you said as you looked over at him.

You saw him smile and his ears turned a bit pink. He then did something you weren't prepared for. It was nothing serious, but your heart still skipped for a second.

Jackson looked over at you and then grabbed your hand and smiled.

His smile wasn't conniving or meant in a dirty way. But it was just 100% pure, content happiness.

"I'm gonna tell you this now, but it's only a heads up and nothing serious, ok?" Jackson said.

"Ok..." You answered hesitantly.

"Yumi... I had feelings for you the day I first saw you. I'm not sure what it is, but..." He turned his head toward you, "I think you're the one. I think you're the one I'm supposed to love for the rest of my life."

You looked at him for a second and then up at the ceiling. No one had EVER said anything like that to you before. Heck, you'd barely even talked to boys in your life.

You thought really long about how to respond because you didn't wanna say the wrong thing, you didn't wanna hurt jackson's feelings, and you still wanted to be true to how you felt.

You finally looked back over at him and said, "Honestly, that's a lot to take in. But I still hold your feelings respectively. I'm not so sure how to respond because I've never had a boy talk to me this way."

"I understand," he replied, "I wouldn't expect you to wanna be my wife right after I said that. I just wanted to let you know so that nothing seems questionable or anything."

Jackson kissed your hand, and let it go and suggested that you two get some sleep. He shut all the lights off and you two shut your eyes as well.

You woke up from a nudge on your back and looked at the time on your phone. 4:36 a.m. You turned to see that somehow you and Jackson had ended sleeping closer and in a cuddling position. You felt a quick jolt of happiness but then laid back down because you were so tired.

Your last thought before going back to sleep was that if this is what happiness was with Jackson, you could live with that.