VII.

Mine.

"Are you ok Yumi?"

You tried not to panic and replied "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

Jackson stood there for a moment just looking at you which made you nervous, but you tried not to show it.

"You're lying." he said simply.

You began to freak out inside but calmy said back to him "No I'm not. I'm ok, really."

"No. You're lying to me."

"What do you mean?"

"I heard you in there... making yourself... you know."

"No, that wasn't me, like it was, but like, it's the food. I, it, um, it gave me an upset stomach and I got sick." you continued to ramble.

"Yumi... stop."

"What?"

"I know you're lying. It's obvious."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, like first of all, you almost fought me over trying to make you order something other than that salad you wanted. Then you had the most regretful looks on your face while eating and even after you finished. Then you come to the bathroom and you're in here for fifteen minutes Yumi. FIFTEEN. And most of all," Jackson then grabbed your backpack and pulled out your toothbrush, "you have a toothbrush with you to get rid of the smell from your mouth."

"Those are just coincidences. I'm not making myself sick."

"Then look me in the eyes and tell me that."

That's when you realized the whole time you were talking with him, you never once looked into his eyes. So you look up and see that Jackson's eyes are red and are starting to tear.

"Jackon..." you say.

"I know this whole situation to well so I know you're lying to me."

"D-don't cry Jackson..."

"I'm not." he says as he roughly wipes his eyes with his sleeve. "Let's go." he says.

You follow him out and neither of you say a word. As you both get into the company van, you sit there in silence. About 10 minutes into the ride you know you need to say something, but you don't know what. You just look at Jackson who has his hood up, looking out the window. You can tell that he's not ok and he's trying not to cry, but it's not working.

'What do I say?' you think to yourself.

Then, you decide to break the silence.

"Jackson..." you say. But he doesn't look at you. "Jackson please..." you try again.

He slowly turns toward you, with tears in his eyes. You've never seen this side of him. It makes you feels sad and guilty. He's supposed to be the dorky one. He's supposed to be full of laughter and jokes. He's supposed to be the wild and y Jackson. But here he is, with tears in his eyes, and you know that it's all because of you. You feel your own heart breaking and you grab his hand. You didn't expect it, but when you grabbed his hand he held on to you like he'd never see you again. But what you didn't know, is that's exactly how he felt.

"I'm sorry." you say. But he just continues to look at you with that sad expression. "Please. I'm so sorry."

He lets go of your hand, leans up to the driver and says somethings and the driver nods. He sits back down and says nothing. You sit there confused and feel at a loss of what to do now. The van comes to a stop and it's another gated building but the driver doesn't open it. Jackson says thank you to the driver and gets down. He then looks at you and simply says "Come on."

You feel even more confused now becauses you have no idea where you are and you have no idea what's going through Jackson's mind. But he opens the gate, grabs your hand, and leads you in. Inside of the gated area there is a house. There are no lights on and there seems to be no one there except you two. Still hand in hand, Jackson pulls out a key to open the door, turns on a few lights, and leads you to a couch where he sits you down. He disappears for a few seconds and comes back with two waters in hand. He sets them down and sits down on the opposite end of the couch as you.

Your mind is racing about milliions of things but you think it's best to stay quiet. He sits there for a moment then looks up at you.

"Tell me the truth. You have one chance."

You begin to get scared. You've never told anyone. Your family doesn't know. Your members don't know. No one knows. How do you tell someone something that you've never told anyone. Let alone the fact that you try to deny this to yourself.

"I... did."

"Did what?"

"I did..." your voice starts to crack and you can feel your eyes start to burn, "I did make myself sick in... in the bathroom." You pull your knees up to your chest, bury your face, and begin to cry.  Then you feel yourself being pulled into a hug. Jackson holds you tight and begins to pat and your hair.

He let you cry as much as you needed, and you both sat there in silence all except for the few sniffling noises you made. Jackson then sat you up and back across from him. You kept your head down but he made you look at him.

"Why?" he asked, "Why would you do something like that to yourself?"

"I felt like... like if I didn't... I wouldn't look the way I was supposed to. I was trying to keep the image that I'm supposed to have."

"And what image is that?"

"You know... that small, S-line looking idol girl that I'm supposed to be."

"You're not SUPPOSED to be anyone except yourself." Jackson says to you.

"Yeah well, tell that to every member in society. Tell that to every person in the industry. Every female idol is expected to look thin and beautiful and be everything that I'm not. Look, it's not easy for me to tell you any of this. No one was supposed to know. No one... was," you start to tear up again, "supposed to find this out."

You almost start to cry but Jackson puts both of his hands on the side of your face and looks you in the eyes.

"You don't need to do this to yourself. You're everything you're supposed to be the way that you are now. You wouldn't have gotten into JYPE, you wouldn't have been a trainee, and you wouldn't have debuted with Euphoria if you were any other way. Trust me." Jackson says as he wipes your tears with his thumbs.

You put your hands over his, close your eyes, and say thank you. Then you feel a set of lips on yours, and then they move back again. You open your eyes and look at him and he just smiles. You stand up and so does he. You hug him and then pull away.

You begin to look around and then say "Jackson, where are we?"