Secrets

A Bird Without Wings

     Bambam sighed, snuggling into Jungkook's side and breathing in his friend's comforting scent. He had spent the past hour laying in this position, even since they had arrived at Jungkook's home after Yongguk had informed him of his task. Jungkook didn't seem to mind, a fact for which Bambam was extremely grateful. The mere thought of having to face Mark, knowing full well that the elder was hunting him, made him feel sick to the stomach. In fact, the thought of killing anyone made him sick. Sure, he was a hitman, but his targets were nameless, faceless threats to the person or people he worked for. The thought of killing someone who now not only had a name and a face and a personality in Bambam's mind but someone who was, essentially, just like him, made him sick. Jungkook seemed to understand this, and accepted his friend's clinginess without question or comment. Bambam had spent the better part of the past hour sobbing brokenly into Jungkook's chest (the latter's shirt was, in fact, still damp from this) and now all he wanted to do was sleep. He was about to, in fact, when suddenly there was a loud knock at the front door. Jungkook sighed, gently pushing on Bambam's shoulder. 

     "Come on, babe. I should go see who that is. Do you want to come with me?"

     Bambam shook his head. "Nah. I'll stay here and try to sleep," he said, curling up in a ball on Jungkook's bed. His friend nodded and stood, going to answer the door. Bambam sighed (he seemed to be doing that a lot, he noticed) and buried his face in Jungkook's pillow. Suddenly, Jungkook returned to the room, looking shaken. 

     "Bam, members from the secret division are here. They want to talk to you."

     Bambam looked up, startled. What could the secret division want with him? Then it occurred to him. He was going to face Mark. Of course the secret division needed to talk to him. Yongguk may trust him to be the best for this job, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't send the secret division to talk with him and coach him, at least a little. Biting his lip nervously, the young teen stood and made his way to the front of the house. Two boys dressed all in black stood just inside the doorway. They both wore masks that covered the lower halves of their faces, and they radiated an intimidating aura. When they noticed him, the first, who was slightly taller than the other, spoke.

     "We have been instructed to bring you with us," he said. Bambam wanted to protest, wanted to beg to just be left here, but he knew that it would be pointless.

     "Where are you going to take me?"

     "No where yet," the second make said with a faint shake of his head. "It would not be safe to take you there yet."

     Bambam's eyes widened slightly and he stepped back, pressing his back against Jungkook's chest. "You're going to take me to Mark, aren't you? You're going to take me to meet him, aren't you?"

     The two males exchanged glances, then nodded. "Yes," the first said calmly. "We are going to take you to see Mark, though if everything goes according to plan, he won't be seeing you. You won't be able to kill him there; it would be far too obvious and we would all get caught and arrested. However, Yongguk thought it might be useful to at least get a look at your target and see how he behaves."

     Bambam nodded nervously. "Okay... Fine. I'll go with you, though it's not like I really have much choice in the matter. When do we have to go?"

     The two men exchanged glances again. "We leave at 3:00 tomorrow morning."

     With that, the two men turned and left. The second the door clicked shut behind them, Bambam turned, burying his face in Jungkook's shoulder, and began to cry. The pair stayed that way for several minutes, Jungkook gently rubbing Bambam's back and whispering soft words of comfort and encouragement. Slowly, Bambam began to calm down, and his breathing returned to normal.

     "Jungkook..." he whimpered. "Kookie, I'm scared... I don't know what to do... I can't- I can even think straight, let alone rationally enough to face Mark and not be the one who ends up dead. Kookie, I can't-"

     Jungkook cut Bambam of by pressing a soft kiss to his lips, holding him close. "Hush, Bam. It's alright. Everything's going to be alright, okay? I'm right here and I've got your back, baby. Everything's going to be okay."

     Bambam nodded and snuggled closer to Jungkook's warm body, resting his head on the latter's collar bone. Jungkook pressed his lips to Bambam's soft dark brown hair, rubbing his back with one hand. They stayed that way for several minutes with Jungkook softly whispering soothing words to the slightly younger boy. Quite suddenly, Bambam began to cry. He had been pushing his fears aside ever since Yongguk had told him what his task was going to be, and all of his fears and insecurities had finally pushed him over the edge. Jungkook sighed softly and kissed his friend's dark brown hair lightly, tightening his hold on the young boy. 

     "It's going to be okay, baby. I've got you, okay? I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. It'll be okay. You can handle this, Bam. It's going to be okay. I'm not going to let go."

     Bambam didn't answer, but curled himself up tighter against Jungkook's chest, desperate for the warmth of his friend's body and the comfort that the physical contact brought him. Quiet sobs still shook his body, but he was calmer now than he had been before. Jungkook sighed softly, holding his slightly younger friend tightly. They stayed that way, unmoving, for several minutes, and Bambam allowed his thoughts to drift. What if Jungkook was right, and Mark didn't kill him? The answer was, in and of itself, quite simple but at the same time it was so complicated and terrifying. If Mark didn't kill him, he would have to kill Mark. That thought alone made Bambam sick to his stomach. Either he would die himself out he would forever have the blood of someone he had viewed as an idol of sorts on his hands, the blood of a person who, in his mind, had a name and a face and a personality, dreams and hopes and a back story just like him. Of he killed Mark, it wouldn't just bea name matched with a face and location on a piece of paper. It wouldn't be some nameless, faceless man trying to hurt people. It would be Mark, and the mere thought of having to kill him made him whimper in pain and snuggle further into Jungkook's chest.

     "You wanna talk about it?" Jungkook asked, his voice gentle. Bambam shook his head, knowing full well that Jungkook wouldn't understand. This was just one more thing that he was going to have to keep secret.


 

A/N

I am so sorry, guys >< I ended up with really bad writers block and I just wasn't sure how to write this chapter. I hope it made some sense at least. I know not much happened this chapter, but things are going to start happening soon, both in the actual plot line and in the relationships of the characters.

Thank you for reading and thank you all of my subscribers and upvoters. You guys are awesome ^^

Also, epic new poster and background from the We Got Fired Graphics Shop (link in the forward)

Please let me know what you thought of this chapter, and what you think should happen next with any of the characters. Thanks again, angels ^^ Love ya~