Playing Games

A Bird Without Wings

     If anyone had told him a year ago that he would be a top hit man and a full member of one of the most powerful gangs in the world, J-hope wouldn't have hesitated to laugh in their face. But that's exactly where he was: sprawled out on the floor of the hideout of an insanely powerful gangs in the world watching Himchan play games with Namjoon and Jimin. It was nice to get a chance to relax, especially with how crazy things were about to get. Jin had hated all the extra jobs, only leaving some of the more experienced members in some of the more popular areas. Even then they had to be with at least one other full member at all times for their own safety. Yunho most likely had scouts somewhere in their territory and Yongguk didn't want to put any lives at risk until it was unavoidable. Rookies and the new members, J-hope included, were not permitted to leave the hideout after dark and no one was was allowed to leave by themselves.

     "J-hope, come play with us," Jimin called. J-hope sat up, startled back into reality by the younger boy's voice. Suga and V had joined them,  and they were all looking at him expectantly. J-hope bit his lip, working the sensative skin with his teeth.

     "I'll play if Jin-hyung plays," he said finally. Namjoon, V, Jimin, and Suga groaned but Himchan smirked, standing and walking over to where Jin sat, doing something on his phone. J-hope and V exchanged a quick glance before following Himchan at a distance, eager to see how exactly their friend intended to convince the cold, stoic Jin to play games with them.

     Himchan draped himself across the arm of Jin's chair, looking down at the latter's phone in curiosity. Jin glanced at him momentarily but didn't say or do anything in response to his presnce. Himchan glanced around, causing the two new members to duck behind a wall, then shrugged, snatching away Jin's phone and sitting in his lap. Still, Jin said nothing, though he did take his phone back from Himchan, looking slightly disgruntled.

     "Jinnie~" Himchan whined, pouting cutely. "Come play with me?"

     "Why should I?"

     "Because J-hope won't play unless you come play and V said that he's gonna cry if J-hope doesn't play. So get up off your lazy and come play with me."

     J-hope looked at V, trying hard to hold back his laughter. "Would you really cry if I don't play?"

     V blushed a little and looked away, biting his lip. "I just might. Yeah. I would. You got a problem with that?"

     J-hope laughed quitely. "Nah. It would probably guilt trip me into playing, though."

     "That would be the general point of me doing so, yes. I meant it when I told you that I have ways of getting what I want from people, hyung."

     J-hope faught hard to stifle his laughter. "You're evil, you know that?"

     V grinned, then gestured back towards Himchan and Jin, indicating that they should stop talking. Himchan had snuggled into Jin's shoulder, still pouting cutely. Jin, much to the surprise of the two new members, didn't seem at all irritated; a faint but undeniable smile touched Jin's lips as he tolerated Himchan's playfulness.

     "Jinnie~" Himchan whined again. "Please come play with me. Please? I really want to play and if V starts to cry then I'm gonna cry so you gotta come play so that J-hope will play so that V won't cry so I won't have to cry."

     Jin smiled and reached up to Himchan's hair gently. "Alright Channie," he murmured, his voice so soft that J-hope and V had to strain to hear him. "I'll come play with you."

     J-hope looked at V, both their eyes wide with surprise, then the two darted off to where the others waited, not wanting to get caught. Both of them took up their previous positions, not wanting to give Himchan any clue that they had been eavesdropping. The others all stared at them silently, their eyes curious. Suga opened is mouth to say something but quickly closed it as Himchan returned with Jin in tow.

     "Tada!" Himchan said brightly, gesturing to Jin. "I win, so sit your down, J-hope."

     Deciding to act on a hunch he had gotten (and also because it was just fun), J-hope decided to tease V a little. J-hope flopped down beside him, resting his head in the younger boy's lap. "Now you don't have to cry, my little lion cub," he murmured, eaching up to touch V's cheek gently. His heart fluttered as V blushed nad turned his head slightly, refusing to meet  J-hope's gaze. Startled by his own reaction, J-hope moved his hand away, also blushing, though he did not sit up or move away. Strangely, none of the others seemed to notice the odd interaction; they were all too distracted by Jin's presence. They did, however, notice the slight tension that radiated off of the pair. Himchan shifted nervously, snuggling into Jin's chest. The latter draped his arm over Himchan's shoulder, an automatic move that hinted at what was at the very least a close friendship. J-hope noticed it instantly and his curiosity was enough to distract him from the problem of the butterflies that took up residence in his stomach every time he looked at or spoke to V. Himchan was still visibly nervous, though he had relaxed slightly. J-hope suspected that Jin had something to do with his friend's nerves, as the latter wasn't really one for playing games, especially not with rookies or new members.

     "So..." Jimin said tentatively, scooting a little closer to Suga as he did so. His voice broke the awkward tension of the moment and everyone relaxed.

     "Now that you've dragged me over here," Jin said, nudging Himchan's arm. "What are we gonna play?"

     Himchan stepped away from Jin and grinned, an evil grin that somehow made J-hope feel very uncomfortable and more than a little nervous for what was about to take place. He suddenly wished he had never agreed to play with them, even if it would have made V cry. The others looked equally uneasy from what he could see, and V's muscles were tense as if he were ready to bolt should the need present itself. Himchan stepped into the center of the circle, abandoning Jin, and pointed to the door that lead to the basement.

     "Everyone downstairs," he said firmly. "Now."




A/N

I am sooooo sorry people. :( Life's been a little crazy over here for the past few weeks. School's finally over, though, and all I have to do is take my regents ^^

Anyway, I really am sorry that I haven't updated this in, like, forever. Hope you enjoyed this, my lovelies~!