Mark

A Bird Without Wings

     It had been ten years since the last time Bambam had seen Mark Tuan. He watched him curiously now, observing each of Mark's movements carefully. After several minutes of silent observation, Bambam stood with a quiet sigh. It was foolish to think that someone wouldn't see him if he remained in his current location and besides that, the grass was wet with early morning dew. It was rather uncomfortable. Taking a deep breath to settle his nerves, Bambam pushed open the door to the small bar and cafe. In all honesty, there was no reason for him to be scared. He knew perfectly well that Mark couldn't do anything to him yet; it would be too obvious if he did anything here; it would draw too much attention. Reminding himself of this, the teen walked in with an air of confidence, taking a seat at the opposite end of the bar from Mark. The redhead glanced at him curiously, and Bambam saw his eyebrows raise quizically before his attention returned to his drink. Bambam smirked. If he got nothing else from this, the look of pure shock on Mark's face in that moment was enough to make this entire trip worth it.

     "What would you like?" The man behind the bar asked. Bambam opened his mouth to speak but Mark cut him off before he could say anything.

     "Get the kid a soda or something, Jack. He's too young to drink."

     Bambam rolled his eyes. "Very funny Tuan."

     "Well you are," Mark shot back, twisting on his stool so that he was looking at Bambam. Bambam rolled his eyes again.

     "Mind your own business, Tuan. I can handle myself."

     Mark shrugged, smirking at him coyly. "Get him a kahlua and cream then."

     The bartender nodded, and Bambam watched him curiously, his attention temporarily diverted from Mark. "You don't care that I'm too young to drink?"

     The bartender shook his head as he mixed the drink. "Not really, no. Not so long as no one makes a fuss and you don't cause any trouble. It's none of my business how old you are."

     Bambam nodded and looked back towards Mark. It was all he could do to stop himself from jumping with surprise when he realized that the older boy was sitting next to him now, still watched him with a faint smile playing on his lips. The faint smile turned into a smirk, and Bambam scowled. Of course Mark would notice his surprise.

     "Now we're even," Mark purred softly. "You really shouldn't take your eyes off of me," he added, toying with his drink then leaning forward so that his lips were against Bambam's ear. Bambam shut his eyes automatically. "It's dangerous."

     The words were hardly more than a breath agianst Bambam's ear, and the teen shivered at the feeling. When he opened his eyes again, Mark was sitting normally once more and the bartender was placing a glass in front of him. He gulped in a deep breath, trying to stop his small frame from shaking. To be perfectly honest, he was terrified. But he couldn't let Mark see that. He could't. If Mark knew he was scared, it would be the end of him. So he played it off, simply reaching out and lifting his drink. He took a sip of the drink, frowning slightly at the taste. It wasn't bad, but he figured it would take a little getting used to. He glanced over at Mark then, raising one eyebrow.

     "This may be a cliche question but I'm genuinely curious, Tuan. Do you come here often?"

     Mark smirked at him. "Why do you ask? Don't your friends already know the answer to that? Why don't you ask them instead."

     Bambam shook his head. "We haven't been tailing you that long Tuan. You're not that important to us. But you are fairly easy to track."

     "I am?" Mark sounded genuinely surprised and Bambam couldn't hold back his laughter.

     "Yes actually. You flaunt, Tuan. Like a peacock. A really dumb, ugly peacock."

     "You didn't think I was ugly ten years ago."

     Bambam flinched at the reminder, his gaze now locked on the liquid in his glass. "A lot of things change in ten years, Tuan. Just look at us. We're both in gangs, we're both hitmen, and I'm drinking underaged."

     Mark smiled in amusement. "That may be true but a lot of things stay the same too. You're still cute and innocent, you're still beautiful, and I still have very, very strong feelings for you."

     Bambam froze, then slowly turned to look at Mark. There was no malice in his gaze, no hint that he was trying to trick him in any way. It had always been easy for Bambam to read people, and Mark had always been the easiest. He doubted that Mark was lying but somehow he just couldn't bring himself to believe what the elder had said. It seemed impossible. Ten years. Ten years and the feelings that Mark had had, the feelings that the older boy had always been so disgusted by... How was it possible? How was it possible that Mark still had strong feelings for him? But what puzzled him more.... how was it possible that he still... No. He didn't. Bambam shook his head. There was no way in hell that he still had feelings for Mark Tuan.

     "Flattery will get you nowhere Tuan. I may not have been watching you for long but I've been watching you long enouh to know that you're a liar and that you get your kicks from hurting and manipulating people. And besides that." Bambam was getting angry now. "Do you really think that I'm that easy? That I'll drop everything because you claim to have feelings for me? Just what are you trying to accomplish with this Tuan?"

     Mark sighed, biting his lip. "I'm not trying to accomplish anything. I'm not trying to flatter you, I'm not trying to manipulate you, and I'm certainly not trying to hurt you. I was merely stating a fact." Mark set down his glass and looked at Bambam, his eyes pleading. "Kunpimook please," he said gently. "Please just relax. I'm not going to hurt you. I couldn't if I wanted to. I still love you. Whether you feel the same or not, I still love you. I suppose it's pointless. It doesn't really matter. But I wanted you to know."


A/N

This chapter was going to be longer but it was taking forever to write and I felt bad and I was also kinda worried that it was gonna get obnoxiously long so it's kinda short. Sorry ^^" I'm also sorry that you guys have had to go this long without an update. Thank you for sticking with this story and putting up with me ^^