Repay.

Unexpected twists.

~Choi Jung Mi~


Next morning.
I wake up still sleepy and grab something to wear. Ofcourse I have to shower first. I walk to my personal bathroom and put the shower on, with my hand I feel the water getting warmer, so I get in. After about 30 minutes in the shower, I put on the clothes I had chosen earlier. Looking in the mirror, I have chosen the blouse that Kyung bought me yesterday. My heart slightly beat faster when I thought about it.. What a weird feeling..

Combing my hair, I walk down the stairs. When I saw Minji, I greeted her. She was eating already. "Good morning Minji, why are you so early up? Mostly you sleep until you have about 10 minutes time until your shift starts. " I jokingly said while I put some cereal and milk in a bowl. Minji pouts at me, something she rarely does and says: " That stupid daughter told my boss that I would take her morning shift.. Urgh, I hate that stupid girl. " With one last bite Minji takes her spoon and puts it in the bowl several times, like she's stabbing the boss his daughter. I chuckle and stand up to help her wash the dishes. While we're busy, Minji looks at my blouse several times and mumbles at her last look " I've never seen that blouse before.. She went shopping? Alone? Is she sick? " " No, I'm not! " I look at her surprised face, she probably didn't notice she was talking out loud, again. " Kyung and I went shopping yesterday, because I wore his shirt that night. In the end he also bought me a blouse. " I said while I pulled off a neutral face. Minji drops a glass back in the sink softly and grabs my hand while jumping " Oh my god! He is totally into you! " " No, he's not! " I laugh a little, while talking and try wash the dishes a bit quicker. Minji dries the last spoon and says: " You should tell him that we are leaving Korea next Sunday, so he knows he has a week to declare his love to you." Romantically she puts the spoon away and pretends to faint in her seat.

Minji left the house for her work soon after, so I decided to go to the mall to buy groceries, something I do 9 out of 10 times.

 

Grabbing some vegetables, I put them in my shopping cart. I walk over to the meat section, when I hear a familiar laugh. Oh no.. Not now! I grab my shopping cart so I can walk to the next section, since I really don't want to see him. But before I could leave a voice spoke loudly. " Hey Jung Mi! " The voice spoke. " Eew.. Oppa, who's she? You know someone like her? " A girl voice spoke right after, asking the other person. Damn it.. Damn it! Don't cry when you see him.. I turn around facing them, uninterested, with a fake smile. " Hi Dongwoo. " Was all I said. " Wait.. Isn't she the girl you cheated on with me? Omo! Now I know why.. Oppa, I'm so much better! " The girl spoke while her voice sounded annoyingly nasal. " I know baby. Are you, perhaps following me, Jung Mi? " Dongwoo looked at me while faking a shocked face. Sighing unbelievably, he continued: '' Look, I know you still like, or maybe even love, me but don't you get the fact you are not my style? I just used you, alright? It was a bet and -.. " " Are you done talking? " I interrupted him. " Because I have to get my groceries. " Without letting him talk again, I walk past him, slightly bumping my left shoulder into his left shoulder. Dongwoo opens and closes his mouth again, he didn't know what to do.. His girlfriend grabs his arm and asks him cutely: " Oppa, let's go to my place. So we can-... " " I Don't want to, I'm going home. " Dongwoo removes his hand from her grip and walks away, irritated.

I felt good talking to Dongwoo, I thought that I would cry but no I didn't. It feels rewarding. I pay the cashier, leave the supermarket and cross the street. I smile while walking trough the Park near the Hangang river, I decided to take a little stroll. Looking at my left, I see 3 men hitting someone else, the screaming and yelling was pretty loud. Oh god.. I really don't want them to see me now.. I don't know what they will do with me if they saw that I saw what they're doing..  I fasten my pace, but I stopped walking when I hear someone speaking " I don't know what you're talking about.". " Really? Maybe ask your friends, you . " *PUNCH*. I look at the person, who just got hit by one of those guys. Shockingly I look at the face of the person who got hit. Is that Kyung? Yes, it is him! His lip is bleeding and there are several little wounds on his face. Should I stay or should go? I totally panicked because I had no idea what to do.. Damnit.. If they hit me, it is all Kyung's fault!

 

Turning around to walk to the men, I softly whisper: '' Stop it... '' My voice trailed off in the wind, nobody heard me while they continued to hit Kyung. Again I whispered, a bit louder this time. '' Stop it. '' But no, they still don't hear or notice me. Getting even more mad, I yelled out: " Yah, you pigs! Stop hitting him, you damn s. ". I can't believe I actually cursed that much.. Damn you Kyung! The guys stopped hitting him as they noticed me and pushed Kyung to me, as I failed to catch him, he fell down. I quickly kneeled down when Kyung hit the ground next to me. " Are you ok? " I ask him, worriedly. Kyung only nods. Before I can help Kyung to get up, one of the guys, grabs my left wrist and pulls me to him. " What's a girl doing, alone at night? " One of the guys said. I never noticed it was night already.. With his dirty right hand, covered in blood, he touches my cheek. " Don't touch me, you prick! "  I hardly push his hand away with my right hand. Again a curse word.. Why Kyung... Why! " Oooh, looks like we've got ourselves a rebel... pretty hot! " The guy puts his lips very close to mine.

" Let her go, ! Let's go Jung Mi." Kyung angrily shouted as he grabbed my right wrist and pulled me away with him, while starting to run. " I will get you, Kyung! Better sleep with one eye open. Also... Jung Mi? " I look back to the dirty leader with a scared, questioning look. " Dream about me because I will dream about you! " He winks at me. Urgh...disgusting.

 

Kyung holds my hand during the time running and walking. His grab got stronger when I tried to wiggle my hand out of his grip. We walk into an apartment complex, straight towards the elevator. As we get in, Kyung pushes the level 6 button.
*Ding* The elevator door opens and we walk out. Still holding my hand, he grabs the key, puts it in the keyhole and twists it open.

After I walk in and get to a stop right away, he too, walks in and closes the door behind him. He was standing really close near me and as I tried to back away, I bumped into the wall. He looked at me and our faces were really close to each other.. Is it me or is it hot in here? " Uhm.. " Kyung starts as he backs away a tiny bit. " I think you should take a shower. " I say before he can continue speaking any further. " I'll make some food, if that's okay? " He nods and points to the kitchen area. '' The kitchen is over there. " Right after showing me, he walks into a room. His bed- or bathroom?

I quickly make some of my 'famous' kimbap and after that I walk around his apartment. I see some pictures of Dongwoo and me, together with him. *Sigh* All the pictures are of our, or rather their, friends and Dongwoo is always next to me. I really want to throw these pictures away but they are from Kyung, so it would be very rude.. I'm sitting on the couch because Kyung doesn't get out of the room.. I wait.. And wait.. and w-... Hey! Isn't that me? I stand up and walk next to the television. It's a picture of me.. While I'm sleeping? When did he make that picture? I'm wearing his shirt here.. Did he make a picture of me when I was drunk? Why? My cheeks are getting slightly warmer? Urgh, all these questions. It's stupid Kyung's fault!

 

After some time Kyung, finally, walks out of the room. We ate quietly, no words were spoken. When we were done, I walked over to Kyung who was now sitting on the couch. " You want me to help you cleaning your wounds? " I ask him. " Uh, yeah. I -I-If that is-s-s ok? " He somehow stuttered and took his shirt off. Quickly but carefully I cleaned his wounds. After this we decided to play some games on the Playstation.

" I totally won! Woohoo! "  I jump up and down. " Nanananaaanaaaa, mehrong! " I stick out my tongue towards Kyung, who was surprised that I won. Well, that happens when your roommate is Minji, who happens to play games with all her spare time.) Kyung gets up, looking annoyed and starts tickling me suddenly. We both laugh so much until Kyung stops, he seemed to notice something. He was lying on top of me and that is when it hit me too. We both get red cheeks and I quickly and pretty harshly push Kyung off me. Uhhh... It's late. Come, I'll bring you home! '' Kyung jumped up on his feet and grab my wrist while walking towards the door. He almost forgot to wear his shoes when he opened to door, but reminded it right in time. Throughout the walk home, no words were said. It was a pretty awkward walk home.

When we finally arrive at my place, I started talking: " Thanks for walking me home. " " No thanks. '' Is all he replies. I wait and look at him.. '' .... '' Kyung looks at me confused. " You're not going in? " " Uh, yeah, I want to, however you're still holding my wrist.. " I slightly blush while explaining this to him. " Oh! Sorry! " Kyung quickly lets go off my wrist while noticing it. After that I walk through the door post, Kyung grabs my hand so I turn around to look at him. He grabs my face with his hands and kisses my... Is he going to kiss me!? What's happening?! Then his lips touched my forehead, not my lips. He quickly turned around and started walking, back to his own apartment. I quickly closed the door, slightly confused and decided to take a shower and go to bed. It didn't take long before I drifted away.

 

After some hours I woke up because the phone of  Minji keeps ringing. When she finally gets up and answers her phone she screams and yells my name very loudly. She runs to me and started crying '' Jungmi! We MUST go to the cafe! Something bad happened.. SOMETHING REALLY BAD! " She's panicking.. She never panicked before..

What the hell did you do, girl!? I too, quickly get up and put on some clothes.

 

 

 


Sorry that it took a long time, but I had internship and after that exams.