Worrying.

Unexpected twists.

‘’ Oh my gosh! Stop that elephant! ‘’ I blurted out as I shot up. My mouth opened to say something, but I noticed that I was being stared at. ‘’ And cut! ‘’ V enthusiastically screamed. I looked at him, confused. ‘’ I totally filmed you while you were sleep-talking! ‘’ He stuck out his tongue. ‘’ You can’t just do that! Come on V, delete it! ‘’ I stood up and ran over to him while he too, stood up and jumped over the couch. ‘’ What’d you dream about anyway, talking about elephants and stuff.. ‘’ Namjoon asked me. I looked at him and sheepishly smiled. ‘’ I don’t think you’ll ever take me seriously if I tell you.. ‘’ I nodded in agreement to myself. ‘’ Well, you should tell us, just to make up for the fact that you fell asleep on the couch. ‘’ Jungkook suddenly walked in the room and let himself fall down on the couch. I sighed as I sat down too, ignoring V who was still jumping around with his phone in his hands. ‘’ I mean, why should someone stop that elephant? ‘’ Suga joined in teasing me. ‘’ Seriously? Oppa, you too!? ‘’ I faked a betrayed look. He just raised his shoulders in response. ‘’ Okay, there was this elephant.. Which stole my wallet and  the- ‘’ Before I could continue talking everyone started laughing. ‘’ Fine! ‘’ I scrunched my nose and walked towards the kitchen. ‘’ Can I help you? ‘’ I asked as I sat down on the counter. ‘’ Yeah, by getting off the kitchen counter. ‘’ Jin looked at me. I pouted and jumped off it. ‘’ Oh, can you also get these ingredients from the grocery store? ‘’ He then asked me as he handed me a list. ‘’ Sure. ‘’ I said as I walked towards the hall to put on my shoes. ‘’ I’ll go with you, noona! ‘’ I heard Jimin shout from the living room.

 

‘’ Are you sure I shouldn’t carry any bags? ‘’ I asked Jimin on the walk home. ‘’ Nah, I’m strong enough. ‘’ Jimin raised his eyebrows while telling me, causing me to laugh. ‘’ How can you seriously dream about an elephant robbing you though? ‘’ Jimin asked me. ‘’ Come on, forget about that! ‘’ I gasped and looked at him. He’s totally teasing me.. BAM. Suddenly someone bumped hardly into Jimin. ‘’ Gosh, watch out where you walk! ‘’ I shouted at the person, to which he and his friends turned around. ‘’ What did you just say? ‘’ He rudely asked me. ‘’ I told you to freaking watch out where you walk, . ‘’ I answered him. ‘’ You little- ‘’ He started as he tried to take a step towards me, to which Jimin took a step to the side, ending up in front of me. ‘’ Jaehyo hyung, let’s just go. ‘’ Someone else said. I peeked from behind Jimin’s back to see who was talking. He seems oddly familiar.. Maybe he once hit on me or Jungmi.. That’s probably it. I was about to say something when Jimin stopped me. ‘’ Noona, stop talking. ‘’ He slightly ordered me, his voice sounded scarily cold. I looked at Jimin. What.. The aura surrounding him is totally different.. He’s always so cheerful, however now.. He’s a bit scary.. ‘’ Oh, Jimin, seems like you finally scored someone. ‘’ One of the friends teased. ‘’ Shut up, U-Kwon. Let’s go noona. ‘’ Jimin said as he managed to grab my wrist and pulled me with him. I glanced back once and noticed that the so-called Jaehyo was waving and winking at me. Disgusted, I turned around. I was about to ask Jimin something, when I peeked at his face. No facial expression at all..

 

Lying on the mattress specially placed for me in their room, I sighed as I buried my face in my arms. I’ve been crashing here for a week now and everyone, especially Jimin were very kind to me.. Maybe except for V’s teasing.. But I like that too.. However, I haven’t seen this side to Jimin before.. This scary side.. I yawned loudly as closed my eyes. Maybe a little nap should do..

 

Time had quickly passed and it was now almost 2 weeks ago since the cafe burned down. I’ve been buying the groceries, cleaning home, I mean.. Their home and trying to help everyone with whatever I could. I finally started working again, but I’ve been ignoring Jungmi and the other way around as well. As I entered the living room, I noticed Jimin and Jungkook on the couch, so I greeted them. ‘’ Hey noona! ‘’ they greeted me back. I looked at Jimin and recalled the incident which happened. He had told me not talk about it with the others, so I never did.. ‘’ Minji! ‘’ Jungkook raised his voice while calling me. ‘’ What?! ‘’ I asked him, snapping out of my thoughts. ‘’ Gosh, you weren’t dreaming about elephants again, were you? Anyway, Jin hyung asked me to tell you he needed to talk to you. ‘’ Jungkook explained. I looked at him and sighed. ‘’ Stop bringing up the elephant! Where’s he? ‘’ I asked. Jungkook laughed and pointed at the kitchen. I nodded at him and walked towards the kitchen. ‘’ You needed to talk to me, Jin-ssi? ‘’ He turned around and looked at me. ‘’ Yeah, can we head out though? ‘’

 

As we both got our drinks, Jin shifted his gaze upon me. ‘’ So.. ‘’ He started and then trailed off. I kept on staring at my banana and strawberry milkshake, not daring to look at his face. Honestly, we haven’t talked at all after he found me.. I also feel sorry, he’s been gazing at me, I have noticed but never reacted.. ‘’ Minji? ‘’ I heard his voice ask, almost whispering. I snapped out of it and finally looked at Jin, he was looking with concern at me. ‘’ Are you feeling unwell? Are you hurting anywhere? ‘’ He blurted out. ‘’ Huh? Oh no! ‘’ I quickly answered. ‘’ Ever since you started working you haven’t had a bit of rest, you’ve been trying to help us non-stop when you got home from work.. ‘’ This was the most he had ever said to me. ‘’ That’s not true! I’ve been sleeping normally! ‘’ I said in my defense. ‘’ At freaking 3 AM! And then you’d wake up at 5 AM again.. How is that normally!? ‘’ His eyes were about to pop out. ‘’ What’s the problem- ‘’ I tried to say as he cut me off. ‘’ It’s not normal! I’m worried- we’re worried! We invited you to live with us, you don’t have to do anything. ‘’ I was about to say something when Jin started talking again. ‘’ I just want to get to know you.. And I can’t do that when you’re not being yourself… ‘’ Jin’s voice trailed off. After a few moments of silence, I said: ‘’ I guess you’re right, I think I tried to work my problems away.. Thanks for making me realize this, Jin oppa. ‘’ I smiled as I looked at him, the worry on his face turned into the most sincere smile I’ve ever seen.

 

After our talk, Jin brought me to my work and ordered me to take it easy. ‘’ Also, make up with Jungmi. A cold war’s not going to solve anything! ‘’ Were the last words he said before he left. Gosh.. How come he knows.