Sweet Memories

Mr. Mr.

Chapter 11
Sweet Memories

Flashback 2006

"We dropped 3 members kids. Super Girls: Stella Kim, Jessica Jung, Kim Hyoyeon, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona." The SM representative said

The 15 year old Seohyun who was still an innocent and curious child said, "Sir... my friend... she's not in our group?"

"Ne, Seohyun-nah. She'll still be a trainee. Even if you're not in the same group, she can remain in the company." The SM staff said.

"Anyway, we like you to meet new trainees."

The 17 year olds Tiffany and Taeyeon entered the practice room.

"Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang are both good vocalists. You guys will practice with them today. Good day." The SM rep said and another guy who's the choreographer entered.

"Tiffany!!!" Jessica said.

"Jessica? OMG It's you!"

"Guys, Tiffany's from California too. We go to the same International High School here in Korea. Don't worry she's a brat but she gets along well."

Sooyoung then started talking to Tiffany in broken English yet with full confidence.

Yuri was quite irritated with the addition of two members they've barely known.

"Yah unnie, say Hi to them. Stop being scary. You scared me before too." Seohyun said to Yuri

"Seohyun-nah! I'm not. It's just my personality."

"Annyeong, Kim Taeyeon imnaeda." Taeyeon awkwardly with her Jeonju accent.

"Sit." Yuri said coldly.

"Yuri unnie was a product of the SM annual contest and she won in the dancing division." Seohyun said.

"Ah deh." Taeyeon said shyly.

"...That's why she has this attitude and all. She is like a big trainee here. And you won the singing contest right, unnie?" Seohyun said

"Ne Seohyun-nah." Taeyeon said. But she was peeking at the tan trainee. She was wearing a red bandana and looked cool and sporty.

Yuri caught her looking and Taeyeon looked away.

"There are many boy trainees here, Taeyeon." Yuri said.

"Ah... I see." Taeyeon said.

"Weh unnie so what about the boys suddenly? You're weird." Seohyun said innocently.

Yuri wondered why Taeyeon kept on looking at her. It was a different look compared to the other girls. She thought that it was wrong to think that Taeyeon was having a crush on her but she couldn't think of another reason. She can't have a crush on her. She should like boys.

Yuri noticed Taeyeon's soft features. She looked cute and fragile. She can't deny that she likes her but she can't she should fight the urge to like her, approach her or even just look at her.

---------------------------------
After TaeNy's first training with the group...

Tiffany: Hey Tae? How was it? The girls were nice right?

Taeyeon:Yeah. But Yuri was kinda cold.

Tiffany: Yuri? 

Taeyeon: Yeah. But she was cool though.

Tiffany:Cool? I heard she's okay, she's just like that at first.

Taeyeon: Yeah I like her. But I dunno if she likes me too.

Tiffany: Well she'll like you too or maybe she does... well I don't care if she likes me like she has a choice not to be with us if we get grouped together right?

---------------------------------

Weeks Later, SNSD has gotten close. Stella left the group to go to New York with her family. Taeyeon was then assigned to be the leader. She noticed that Yuri was the only one who stayed cold to her. After one dance practice she talked to Yuri.

The others were chatting while Yuri was at a corner wiping her sweat with towel.
Taeyeon can't understand why she kept on looking at Yuri wiping her neck and forehead. There's something about her... her tied ponytail, strong aura, cool vibe that keeps her attracted to her.

"Hey, Yuri!" Taeyeon said approaching her.

"Yeah, leader, what's up?" Yuri said livelier not the usual cold attitude. 

"Water?" Taeyeon offered.

Yuri grabbed the bottle and drank it.

Taeyeon walked away. She thought maybe this was a good start to talk to her. When she got the bottle that means Yuri's kinda okay with her. She didn't want to bother her anymore for now. To her surprise Yuri called her.

"Taeyeon..." Taeyeon looked back to face Yuri
"...Look I'm sorry for acting cold to you. I was just afraid that if we ..." Yuri stopped

"It's okay, Yuri. We're a team now." Taeyeon said

Minutes later, Taeyeon still thought about what Yuri was afraid of if she didn't act cold towards her.

---------------------------------

Tiffany and Taeyeon still lived in a different dorm aside from the other girls.

"Hey Fany, can we talk?"

"Yeah Tae."

"Promise you won't tell anyone. Even the girls. Just us okay."

"Promise Tae. Well I think I have an idea."

"What?"

"It's about Yuri right? And your crush on her?"

"How'd you know? Is it obvious?"

"Duh Tae! The way you look at her is the way I look at Choi Siwon."

"Wait you like him?"

"Yeah but he's with Stella I think. Anyway there's a cute Thai guy from JYP in my Korean class. He came from the Staes too."

"Gosh Fany, you like so many guys."

"Tae, I think that Junsu guy from DBSK likes you."

"Eh?"

---------------------------------
2007
"Hey Tae, my cute dongsaeng. How are you doing?" Junsu said

"I'm okay oppa. DBSK is so famous these days."

"Aigoo Taeyeon-nah. Congrats on your debut too!" Junsu pinched her cheeks and walked away.

"Yah! Taeyeon!" Yuri said approaching her.

"Yu... Yuri?"

"Tae, are you dating Junsu-oppa?" Yuri said joyfully

"Ah... Aniyo, Yuri."

"Why's he so close to you then. I'd only pinch someone's cheeks if she's my girlfriend." Yuri said.

"She? girlfriend?" Taeyeon said confused

"I mean if you'd be mine." Yuri said casually and walked away

"YAH! KWON YURI! Come back here."

Taeyeon POV
What did Yuri just say? Does she like me? Yuri... She's making me crazy... I think I love her too... But how? I just kept on looking at her since I saw her. Then I wanted to get close for her to get me noticed and get to comfortable to me. And then now... I just want to be with her all the time.

---------------------------------
2008
11pm
Taeyeon was just staying at their balcony at the dorm. Everyone was already sleeping after promoting their second single all day.

"Hey Tae!"

"Oh Yuri." Taeyeon wiped her tears.
 
"We're you crying?"

"No. I was just thinking about things."

"No you were! You know it's okay to cry sometimes. You have to let it out."

"I broke up with Junsu."

"What?"

"He said he didn't like me anymore."

"I knew he was just playing on you."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"Cuz I want you to love a guy."

Yuri continued, 
"Not a girl like me."

They stayed silent for a few moments.

"Yul?"

"What?"

"Can I... kiss you?"

"What? Are you kidding me? Are you drunk?"

"No. I just want to try kissing someone."

"Shouldn't you have tried it with Junsu?"

"Well, we didn't"

"Well just try a Super Junior member instead. Tell them it won't mean a thing. You just wanted to try it. I mean you're close to them right, especially Kangin and Heechul?"

"But they will make tease me and it will spread, everyone would know."

"Then try Tiffany or Jessica. They must've kissed some guys and girls in America." Yuri said nonchalantly.

"They're wild, Yuri! Besides another member will tease me like Yoona, Soo, or Hyo. While Sunny and Seohyun will find me weird."

"Well yeah, you have a point."

Yuri then tilted her head and came closer to Taeyeon. She pressed her lips against hers lightly. She felt like it was a kiss of true love. Something she'd been waiting for long. She didn't know what she needed until she kissed her.

Taeyeon felt something soft and plump. She felt calm when Yuri kissed her. It was weird, awkward. Yet she liked it while it lasted.

Yuri let go and looked at Taeyeon.
"There."

"Thanks." Taeyeon replied.

Taeyeon looked at Yuri too and she wanted Yuri to be hers. But it was too early in their career to cause a scandal. 

"You gotta sleep Yuri."

"How about you?"

"I'll stay here."

"You gotta sleep too. I already slept. I just woke up. You were just here all night long."

"Thanks, Yuri. For worrying."

"I'm always here, Tae. Sleep now okay?" Yuri then pulled Taeyeon's wrist and dragged her to her room that she shared with Yoona and Sooyoung.

Yuri then went to her own room thinking about the kiss they just had.

The next morning and the succeeding days, Yuri and Taeyeon just looked at each other whenever their eyes meet. They laugh with members but just talk casually when they are alone. 

---------------------------------
2009

Doorbell
Yuri opened the door.

"Yuri, is Taeyeon there?"

"Yeah Leeteuk oppa."

 

 

"Bye Unnie!" Yuri heard her members say as Taeyeon left with Leeteuk.


---------------------------------
2012

"Taeyeon, Tiffany, you need to be careful. People are noticing your acts. We are putting Leeteuk and Nichkhun in "We Got Married" for your own good." The  SM representative said.

 

"Leeteuk, let's break up. Our fans will get mad if we continue this."

"Okay Taeyeon. Besides, I'm enlisting for the army anyway."

"Good luck Teuk."

"Good luck too, Tae. You have a great life ahead of you. Do good especially with your subgroup."

"You too oppa your fans will be waiting for you. 
Goodbye."

"Bye."
---------------------------------
December 2012

Taeyeon was waiting for her turn to for the I Got A Boy album photobook.
It was Yuri who was being photographed now.

Yuri was wearing a bra-like top filled with silver studs. Her cleavage was not like Sunny's but her abs were flatter and more well defined. Taeyeon can't stop staring no matter how hard she tried to look at different things. Yuri's messy hair that was combed sideways just made her even hotter.

"YAH!" Sooyoung suddenly surprised Taeyeon.

"Look at me Taeyeon. I'm so hot right?" Sooyoung said

"Yeah." Taeyeon was ignoring Sooyoung and stole glances at Yuri.

"Hey! Whatcha looking at?" Sooyoung upon noticing started teasing Taeyeon.

"Aaah... Yuri? I knew it! You still love her right?" Sooyoung said.

"Eh?" Taeyeon replied.

"It's so obvious, Tae. Since debut rignt? You had a crush on her. well who wouldn't? If Yuri was a guy, I would also fall for her." Sooyoung said.

"Shut up."

"Aish! In denial."

It was Taeyeon's turn to take her individual shots.
Yuri thought Taeyeon really lost weight. Her jawline was more obvious and she wanted to kiss it all the way her lips. "Ah what am I thinking..."

Yuri saw Taeyeon's exposed short milky white legs. Although some sees her legs like a little girl's, she found it rather hot and y... But cute at the same time.

Taeyeon was done and Yuri approached her.
Yuri wrapped her jacket around Taeyeon's thigh and legs. Taeyeon was confused of course.

"It's cold."

"Thanks."

"It's been a while Tae, since we talked."

"What? We always see each other."

"Oh yeah, but we're always with the group. I mean like this, just the two of us."

And so this is how Yuri and Taeyeon got closer again. Yuri continued to care for Taeyeon and did kind and sweet gestures toward her. Taeyeon appreciates it and cooks for Yuri sometimes although she admits that Yuri's the one who always surprises with those simple gestures. Taeyeon would just initiate some selfies with her because that's the least she can do. Yuri was always the one who's caring unlike her cold appearance when she first saw her. Taeyeon, with her reserved personality made Yuri calm, while Yuri's the one who always energized Tae with her bright and positive attitude.

End of Flashback