Chapter 2: Killing Time to Crash

Running Man Horror: The Lost Episode

A/N Sorry for this chapter being a little long, but we're still getting through the intro and setting the scene. Don't worry though. The danger is near...ENJOY!

Image result for Private jet

 

“Daebak!” Sujeong gasped as they entered the luxurious private plane.

Tables were placed between the sets of chairs, and they each sat in their designated spots with their partners. Haha gave Sujeong first choice, and she sat at the window seat, ogling out of the window to see the first peak of the rising sun over the horizon.

“This is your Captain speaking,” a soft voice spoke through the intercom. “Today we will be in the air for approximately two hours. Winds are calm, South by Southeast. Please fasten your seatbelts, and enjoy your flight.”

Excitement fell upon the members as they did as they were told, and the plane took off without a hitch. As soon as the plane ascended and reached max altitude, it evened out and the seatbelt icon pinged to let them know it was okay to move around. The PD got up to approach them.

“With your partners you will now play one on one games to earn more points towards the final mission. In this box are slips with various games that you will pick. We’ll start from Haha and move towards the back of the plane.”

Haha excitedly reached into the box and grabbed one, clasping it to his chest tightly with a big grin. Sujeong was next, and then it went down the line until the last person grabbed for one, which was Suk Jin.

“Read yours aloud, Haha,” the PD spoke, signaling him.

Haha chuckled evilly, glancing over at Sujeong with knowing eyes as he unfolded the slip of paper.

“Arm wrestling?!” Haha exclaimed, and Sujeong grinned. “I’m not going to lose to you!”

She stuck her tongue out at him and pumped her arm. “Get ready to lose!”

They both kneeled in front of the table, right hand joining as their left hand grasped the edges of the table.

“Start!” the PD blew the whistle.

Smiling, Sujeong played with Haha, pretending she was going to lose by letting her arm slip down a little. She held her ground, forcing her arm stiff as he continued to try to push it down. But no matter how hard he tried, she wouldn’t budge! Howling, Haha used all his energy in a last ditch attempt, but again to no avail. Sujeong gave him a wink and pinned his arm to the table in one blow.

“Winner: Sujeong!” the PD announced. “Sujeong has received two points.”

“Whoo hoo!” she high fived Haha, who squinted at her with hate.

“I’ll get you next time,” Haha challenged, boiling.

“Sujeong, read yours now,” the PD instructed.

Grinning, she unfolded hers and read, “Staring contest. First one to blink or laugh loses.”

Sujeong bit her lip. I’m going to lose this one. Haha’s usually too funny, and one wouldn’t be able to not laugh at him…

“My kind of game,” Haha rubbed his hands together and stood really close to her.

Sujeong laughed, now noticing the height difference. Haha had to look up slightly to stare at her. The PD decided that in order for this to be fair both Haha and Sujeong kneeled as close as they could to the tables and lean in. Haha’s eyes glinted, and she laughed before she could collect her composure.

“Stop making me laugh,” she snapped and slapped his shoulder.

Everyone laughed at her outburst.

“Uh oh, Haha. You’ve made her mad,” Gary chuckled, watching as the flames grew around her. “Better watch out. She already has her eyes set on Kookie over here. You might be next!”

After the laughter died down, Sujeong collected herself and refused to give in. She noticed they were much too close, feeling the blush heating her face. I hope the cameras don’t pick that up…

“On the count of 3,” the PD announced, and her face fell, becoming serious as well as Haha’s. “Ha, tul, set!”

Sujeong’s will was set, and she bravely met Haha’s eyes. Not even four seconds in, a smile forms across her face as he made a really funny face.

“Saranghaeyo!” Haha exclaimed.

Sujeong fell over laughing, not caring that she failed. She held onto her stomach, feeling like her lungs were collapsing from all the laughter.

“I may be married, but you’ll be my last love,” Haha continued, helping her up to her feet, laughing with her.

Everyone jeered and clapped along, the laughter so contagious that even the staff fell apart laughing.

“Sujeong failed. Haha wins and gains 2 points,” the PD chuckled.

“Yah, chincha?!” Sujeong gasped, shaking Haha as he was being pulled away by Kook into a hug. “Running Man holds nothing back, eh?”

She laughed and sat back down in her seat, grabbing the bottled water and gulped it down. This is a lot of fun! Who knew I’d get to be a part of this!

“Next is Song Ji Hyo,” the PD spoke.

Ji Hyo unraveled hers with a scoff. “Pepero game?! Ya! Is this a set up?”

Gary blushed. “Ah, yes, time to log in!”

Laughter filled the compartment again.

“You must reach 2 cm or less to succeed,” the PD reminded, handing over a packet of pepero.

My heart wouldn’t have been able to handle that with Haha if either of us had chosen that… Sujeong thought with a grin. Maybe I’ll get a second chance?

 Ji Hyo chose a strawberry flavored one and handed it to Gary, who immediately took it in his mouth. His blush deepened as Ji Hyo got closer. He backed away instinctively, bumping into Jae Suk with laughter.

“Log in already!” Jae Suk smiled, patting his back.

“Ready? Go!” the PD blew the whistle.

Ji Hyo carefully ate away at the stick, inching her way closer to Gary. Being evil, Sujeong nudged her head towards Kwang Soo, immediately knowing what she was asking him to do. As soon as Ji Hyo was almost to Gary’s lips, Kwang Soo pushed Gary into kissing Ji Hyo. Everyone broke out into extreme laughter, watching as Gary and Ji Hyo parted with heat creeping up their faces in embarrassment. Gary held onto the little pepero piece that was left as Ji Hyo smacked Kwang Soo a few times on the shoulder.

“But it wasn’t all me! Sujeong-ssi told me too!” Kwang Soo whined.

Sujeong smiled and flailed her arms. “I did not!”

Gary handed the pepero piece to the PD, and the PD held it to the camera with a ruler. It measured 2.3. So close!

“Mission failed,” the PD announced. “Ji Hyo and Gary receive no points.”

“Yah! Kwang Soo!” Ji Hyo smacked his shoulder again.

Sujeong grinned. Some of the members are easily manipulated…

Next was Gary.

“Find the missing words in the lyrics,” he read aloud. “Yeah! I can do this!”

The PD handed him another piece of paper with 2 lines of lyrics with 2 blank spots in each line. Ji Hyo received one too, identical to Gary’s.

“You must fill in the correct word for each line, and then sing it out loud for it to be accepted,” the PD explained. “First one to complete it correctly will win.”

Gary grinned, and began working on the lines. Ji Hyo looked blank, not sure where the lyrics came from. Sujeong was filled with curiosity, and she got up to look over Gary’s shoulder. Her eyes widened. I know the answer!

“Lyrics: Fill in the blanks and sing it out loud. Only one chance!

  1. 네 앞의 브로콜리, 오 ... 하나를 … (_____)

Romanized: Ne ap-ui beurokolli, oh…hanareul… (_____)

English: That broccoli in front of you, oh... it's an armful … (_____)

 

  1. _____내게 말하기 시작해 (우리 그만 헤어져)

Romanized: _____naege marhagi sijakhae (uri geuman he-eojyeo)

English: _____begins to speak to me (Let's break up)”

 

Gary and Ji Hyo stopped in their tracks, not knowing what the song is or who sang it. They both looked up at each other at the same time, and laughed nervously. Gary just stood up and sang random words out loud, dancing to his nonsensical words. Ji Hyo clapped and laughed at the ridiculousness of it.

“I give up,” Ji Hyo sulked. “Who sings about a broccoli anyways?”

“Ji Hyo and Gary fail and receive no points,” the PD finalized. “Would you like to take a guess, Sujeong?”

“It’s Confession of a Dangerous Broccoli by Han Hee Jung,” Sujeong answered. “The correct lyrics are Ne ap-ui beurokolli, oh..hanareul.. (mian), and beurokolliga naege marhagi sijakhae (uri geuman he-eojyeo). So it should look like this…”

  1. 네 앞의 브로콜리, 오 ... 하나를 … (미안)

Romanized: Ne ap-ui beurokolli, oh…hanareul… (mian)

English: That broccoli in front of you, oh... it's an armful … (sorry)

 

  1. 브로콜리가 내게 말하기 시작해 (우리 그만 헤어져)

Romanized: beurokolliga naege marhagi sijakhae (uri geuman he-eojyeo)

English: The broccoli begins to speak to me (let's break up).

 

“Ohhh!” Everyone gasped, amazed at her knowledge of the song.

Everyone patted her on the back, and then looked over at Kwang Soo next. He unfolded his paper and grinned.

“Rock, paper, scissors,” Kwang Soo scoffed. “Best 2 of 3. I’ll win this for sure. Kook is never good at this game.”

Kook’s eye twitched, readying himself before Kwang Soo.

“Kai, bai, boh!” They said together.

Kwang Soo: rock. Kook: scissors. Round one to Kwang Soo.

“Kai, bay, boh!”

Kwang Soo: paper. Kook: scissors. Round two to Kook.

“Tie breaker!” Jae Suk shouted.

“Kai, bai, boh!”

Kwang Soo: rock. Kook: rock. Round three tie.

“Kai, bai, boh!”

Kwang Soo: scissors. Kook: paper. Round four and winner to Kwang Soo.

“Yeah!” Kwang Soo jumped around and posed in his victory pose.

“Kwang Soo wins, therefore is awarded two points,” the PD announced. “Now it is Kook’s turn.”

Kook unfolded his with a grin. “Prepare to die, Kwang Soo! It’s the thigh game!”

They both sat in fold up chairs facing each other. Since this was Kook’s game, he chose first and decided to be the inner leg. Kwang Soo took his place as the outer leg, squeezing Kook’s legs as hard as he could.

“Ready, start!” the PD blew the whistle.

The strain could be seen on both their faces, but it was clear as to who the winner was. With a loud grunt Kook pushed his legs outward, causing Kwang Soo to shout out in frustration and in pain. Kook succeeded and pried his legs open.

“Winner: Kook! Kook receives 2 points!” the PD announced.

Now the remaining 2 members were left with their games: Suk Jin and Jae Suk. They both unfolded theirs at the same time, and their games were both the same; Jegichagi. It’s like the kicking game of shuttlecock or hacky sack. This Jegi looked more like a shuttle , and Suk Jin and Jae Suk were both given one by the PD.

“The first one to kick the Jegi successfully 10 times in 1 minute wins,” the PD explained. “Ready? Go!”

Of course, both elders were struggling just to make 2 successions. In the end, time was up and neither received points.

The intercom beeped. “Mian, this is your Captain speaking. We are experiencing some technical difficulties. Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for an emergency landing.”

Everything happened so fast. The airplane started to rumble and shake. Sujeong gripped into her seat, her heart beating wildly. She dared to look out the window, noticing the clouds becoming thinner and accelerating before her eyes.

A suspicious white gas was being expelled through the air conditioner vents, making everyone who breathed it in instantly pass out. The last thing Sujeong saw was the blue ocean growing closer and closer… 

 

why__running_man_gif_by_blake4monthsss-d