Chapter 11: Betraying the Betraying Giraffe

Running Man Horror: The Lost Episode

Image result for choi min soo running man

“Kwang Soo?” Sujeong whispered, and Kwang Soo turned around with a gasp, dropping the papers he had in his hand all over the place.

“Oh, it’s you,” he breathed, and went to pick up the papers.

She stayed standing at the doorway, unsure if Choi was still behind her. She kept her calm, but showed genuine fear.

“I’m scared,” she whispered. “Oppa, can you help me? I’m unsure what to do.”

“What did your card say?” Kwang Soo asked, thinking of a way to possibly use her before taking her nametag.

“Something about clues, and searching for someone,” Sujeong moped. “Can I trust you?”

“Of course you can,” Kwang Soo immediately answered, thinking he had one over her. “Who are you searching for?”

“A spy; my partner,” she replied, and his eyes widened.

“That’s me!” he gasped. “We’re both spies!”

He grabbed her hands. Hook, line, and sinker… she thought with a hidden smile.

“Let’s work together to find those clues and eliminate the others,” Kwang Soo added, and Sujeong had to hold back from bursting out laughing. “Don’t worry. I’ll protect you.”

“You won’t betray me?” Sujeong whispered, making herself sound wimpy and weak.

Kwang Soo shook his head. “I promise I won’t betray you. You can count on me.”

Sujeong smiled in relief. “Thank you, Oppa.”

“Help me look for clues. They should have the blue R sticker on them,” Kwang Soo let go of her hands and turned back to the papers he piled on the large desk, before she could see the gleam in his eyes.

The temptation to rip off his nametag was so strong since his back was right there, but she needed him a little while longer. She walked into the room and stood by his side as she helped him sort through the papers. I better be careful around him, she thought. He could end up betraying me first… She looked through the pile that was in front of her, the set that was in his hand previously, noticing that a lot of them had the R sticker on them, but were blank pages. She reached the last page, and found the clue!

“Oppa, look! I found one!” she whispered and showed him the paper.

“What’s with all the numbers?” Kwang Soo asked while squinting and eying the numbers.

“Let’s solve it,” Sujeong suggested and laid out the clue in front of them on the desk.

“(8x2+4)2 + 1(6+2)-40=?

“Let’s see…8x2=16.  4=20. 20x2=40. 6+2=8. 8x1=8. 40+8=48. 48-40=8. So that means the answer is 8,” Sujeong murmured.

So I have a 3 and an 8, she thought. Two more clues left! Just as she put the clue in her pocket, she noticed Kwang Soo eying her.

“Where should we go from here?” she asked, pretending not to notice his apparent hunger for her nametag in his eyes.

“Let’s head over to the next room,” he gestured for her to walk ahead first.

As soon as she turned around, she felt him grab her nametag. She quickly turned and managed to escape his grasp. He gulped and took a step back as he saw the glint of anger in her eyes, and her unexpected grin.

“I didn’t mean it!” he shook his head and waved his arms as she approached him, forcing him to take a few steps back.

Sujeong pounced him to the floor, straddling his chest as she pinned his arms with her thighs to his sides. He tried calling out for help, but she quickly placed a hand over his mouth. He her palm, but it didn’t faze her.

“I thought I heard something over here,” a voice spoke not too far from the door.

Crap! She had no time to move as she turned to see Jae Suk peek through the doorway. He couldn’t help but laugh at their predicament and the awkward positioning they were in.

“Just what in the world are you two doing?” he asked with a wide grin.

“He tried to rip my nametag,” Sujeong grinned back. “I’m teaching him a lesson about betrayal.”

“Hahahaha, that’s the Betraying Giraffe for you,” Jae Suk chuckled. “What should I do?”

Kwang Soo pleaded to him with his eyes, his muffled cries for help going for naught.

“I want to play with him for a while longer before taking his nametag, if that’s okay with you, Oppa,” Sujeong answered, squeezing her thighs tighter as Kwang Soo wiggled a little.

“Before I go, I need to take pictures of this,” Jae Suk grabbed for his cell and snapped a few pictures before heading back to the door. “If you want you should leave him to Kook. Just a suggestion!”

Sujeong turned back to look down at Kwang Soo once Jae Suk was gone.

“Decisions, decisions,” she whispered. “Oh what should I do with you?”

“I like this side of you,” A voice whispered from the doorway. “What an interesting predicament you’re in, Kwang Soo.”

Kwang Soo’s eyes widened and he stiffened in fear as Choi Min Soo’s face came into view. He grinned and laid a gloved hand on Sujeong’s shoulder. She looked up at him with a grin.

“What ever shall we do?” Choi asked.

“Shall I let him go?” Sujeong asked.

“No. Keep him like this for a little while longer while we chat,” Choi crouched next to her, overlooking her and Kwang Soo. “You are an effective spy, Sujeong. Not bad at all.”

Kwang Soo’s eyes widened even more, and Sujeong grinned.

“Told you I was a spy,” she winked at him. “Now what to do? I could release you to Kook or to Choi Min Soo, OR I could take you out myself. What do you want, Kwang Soo?”

She removed her hand from his mouth.

“You! I’d rather you take me out!” he said desperately. “Anyone but Choi!”

She muffled his outbursts with her hand again, and turned to look at Choi.

“He’s in your hands,” she grinned and hopped off Kwang Soo as Choi took over.

Choi shushed Kwang Soo as soon as Sujeong slowly ripped his nametag off. It was almost too painful for him to bear.

“You actually betrayed me!” Kwang Soo snapped. “You’re working with him!”

Choi placed a hand over his mouth, waiting for the staff member in black to gag him and take him to jail.

“You work fast, my spy. Good work. Only three remaining, and Jae Suk is mine. Find Gary next. Make sure you don’t get caught or noticed this time,” and with that he was gone.

Sujeong let go of a deep breath she didn’t realize she was holding before walking out the door.

Now, where is Gary?

 

A/N Hi everyone! I hope you're enjoying my story so far! What's going to happen next? Will Sujeong end up betraying everyone for Choi Min Soo?! Find out in the next update!

 

It'll be a few weeks before I am able to update. I fly out to South Korea this Friday, and I'll be spending the next few days with my parents. So you will hear back from me after I settle in Ulsan, South Korea. Please await my update, and comment, upvote, and love!!! <3 <3

 

From your favorite writer, Author Crystal <3

 

ibu7c0BdB74sQf.gif

*dances away* :3