Chapter 15: Creature of Darkness: The Dark Eyes

Running Man Horror: The Lost Episode

A/N I am finally back with Running Man! I hope you enjoy! This will be a fixer upper. I will do my best to fix all mistakes and update photos that are missing. Enjoy! <3

Related image

Sujeong gulped and tried the next combination.

8…3…8…4…

She pulled on the lock, and it unlatched! Despite her minor victory, she froze in fear as she felt his breath on the back of her neck. She heard chains rattling over the mocking laughter over the intercom, but the sounds of the chains were coming from right behind her! Choi’s soft chuckles turned into growls, and she slowly turned around to see a pair of familiar red eyes coming from the now black creature standing before her. It swung its cloaked arm wrapped with chains at her, shoving her through the door and outside into the central courtyard. Her body rolled and tumbled until she managed to stop herself before hitting the stone wall.

Jae Suk had managed to escape his bonds and freed the Running Man members. They all ran to the window when they heard the doors slamming wide open from Sujeong being flung into it.

Sujeong!” Kook shouted.

Run!” Haha screamed.

You can’t fight it,” Jae Suk added. “It’s not Choi! It’s a real monster!”

Get out of there! Run!” Kwang Soo cried out.

Sujeong!” Ji Hyo gasped.

I won!” Sujeong shouted, surprising everyone at her outburst. “I found the lock combination and now I’m outside. What more do you want?!”

The creature slowed its pace and stopped walking towards her as it contemplated her words. Its red eyes never left her figure, glaring down at her.

Die…” Its guttural raspy voice rumbled, flexing its now visible clawed hand.

We need to get down there and help her,” Kook made his way to the front of the window, but Suk Jin shook his head.

Stay there!” Sujeong shouted, raising a hand towards them to stop them.

The creature’s eyes followed her hand towards the members, and it let out a horrible screech.

No,” Sujeong screamed, and it turned its attention back to her. “Your fight is with me.”

We can’t let her do this on her own,” Kook was furious. “She’s just a girl!”

Go find all the staff members and find a way out,” Sujeong shouted over Kook. “And Commander, don’t underestimate me because I am a girl. I’ll distract it long enough for all of us to escape. Now, go!”

Gary didn’t need to be told twice as he grabbed for Ji Hyo’s hand and started running. Everyone else followed close behind, avoiding the black oozing tentacles at their heels chasing after them from the darkness that seemed alive, and was growing darker and bigger.

Good luck,” Sujeong muttered under her breath before locking eyes with the black creature. “Now, what do you want, Dark Eyes?”

Its eyes slit at the mention of that name, claws flexing as a giant scythe appeared out of thin air into ones of its clawed hands.

You know of me?” Its rancid breath filled the air.

You're the cause of all the disturbances on this island, aren't you? The apparent suicides, the disappearances, the coven of devil worshippers?” Sujeong started putting two and two together. “Just what are you?”

It screeched as it heard breaking glass and wood snapping from the back end of the school. Sujeong redirected its attention onto her as she took a step closer and screamed no at it. That must have been the others making another escape route. Need to keep it distracted

What do you want?” She shouted at it again, and its attention went back to her.

It screeched and swung its gigantic weapon at her. She ducked, but it struck her camera and it landed with a loud thud in the grass, still on and recording everything. The running man members appeared in the courtyard entrance, in shock as they watched Sujeong face off with the giant black creature. They kept their distance though, caught between running away and wanting to help her, but they remained frozen in place.

Sujeong stayed agile on her feet, dodging and keeping the creature in her sights. She dodge rolled as the scythe swung over her head. The marbles rolled out of her pocket, glowing an eerie pale green. Light flared from the marbles, causing the creature to shriek and shirk back, covering its face away from the light. Sujeong grabbed for the marbles in her hand, the light from it warm against her palm. She felt a surge of energy zoom through her, and the marbles melted in her hand to reform its shape into a bladed golden staff. She grasped it tightly and slid into an attack stance. The creature growled and lowered its arm, releasing an inhuman cry as she lunged forward.

Their blades met, sparks flying as it shoved her back with its great strength. She tumbled but uprighted herself back on her feet, ground sliding some distance back. The creature spun to face the running man members and raised its one clawed hand at them. The members were all floating in the air, all grasping at an invisible hand that was slowly choking them in midair.

Leave them be!” Sujeong cried out.

The creature left them hanging to their fate and blocked Sujeong’s blade, shoving her back again. She made a mad dash and leapt high in the air, bringing the blade down towards it in an amazing feat. The creature swung upward, but she arched her body to dodge it in midair and swung down, her blade catching the creature’s shoulder. It shrieked as the wound sizzled, but there was no blood. She landed behind it and swung backwards, her blade cutting across its back. It shrieked again and spun on her with the scythe swinging at her. She barely had time to block it as it shoved her off her feet, sending her tumbling into the wall. She grasped her staff tightly and rose back to her feet, running at it once more. She slid under its swing and struck upward, slicing its left arm off. The detached arm sizzled away into thin air as she pushed herself off her knees and spun back around. Her blade caught the creature’s chest, and it gasped as the blade sliced through its heart. She jammed it further in and released it, watching the staff fade into light and swirled around the creature. It shrieked one last time, and an explosion of light knocked her off her feet.

Once the light settled, the running man members were dropped to the ground, all gasping for breaths as they d for their necks. Sujeong struggled to rise to her feet, watching the creature shrink into a bundle of black cloth. She carefully and cautiously removed all the cloth, revealing an unconscious So Min, Se Chan, and Choi. Daylight broke through the horizon, the sun peeking over the mountains as the darkness receded.

Carefully Running Man members approached Sujeong as she looked over the three bodies, all gasping as their identities were revealed.

What just happened?” So Min groaned as she sat up and rubbed her head.

We’d like to know that for ourselves too,” Yoo Jae Suk helped her up along with Se Chan.

Choi groaned and sat up, shaking his head. “Oh? It’s over already? Did you win, Sujeong?”

Just what the hell happened here?” HaHa scrunched his face, contemplating. “Did what just happened really happen?”

Sujeong picked up the marbles from under the rest of the black cloth, noticing they weren’t glowing anymore. She smiled and pocketed them. Exhaustion smacked at her, and she sat down on the dirt, catching her breath.

I think we broke the curse on this island,” she answered, and everyone looked at her. “Dark Eyes creature or whatever it was is gone. Everything should be back to normal now.”

As soon as she said that, the PD and all the staff members came running into the courtyard.

What happened?” PD Myeok asked.

Sujeong saved us. She won the game,” Kook answered.

The cackling laugh came back on the intercom. “Don’t think it’s over yet! You may have defeated the guardian, but you have yet to face me. Find me, Sujeong. Find me before I really kill everyone here!”

Don’t go,” Gary placed a hand on her shoulder. “It’s best we stick together. All of us including our staff can face him together.”

What should I do??

Before she could say anything, inky black tentacles wrapped around her and pulled her through the doors, locking it back up and boarding it from anyone coming in, or her escaping.

Find anything that can be used as tools,” Kook commanded. “We need to find our way in and save her!”

 

A/N Ottoke??? What's gonna happen next? Who is the mysterious voice? Is the Dark Eyes Creature really gone? Comment below!! As always, upvote, comment, subscribe, and enjoy! <3

~Author C