Chapter 9: Prophetic Play

Running Man Horror: The Lost Episode

Image result for empty Play stage pool

With flash lights in place from the VJs and staff, Gary took to his role and started filming; his first focus on Sujeong standing on the opposite end of the pool facing Jae Suk with Kook on his knees, pretending to have his hands bound behind his back. Silence filled the air, until Ji Hyo pretended to be wind and made windy sounds. Suk Jin decided to narrate off-screen to explain to the imaginary audience what was happening.

Roles:

Jay- played by Jae Suk

Sally- played by Sujeong

Kris- played by Kook

“The harrowing protagonist Sally nearly escapes the evil Jay, who was her captor and tried to forcefully marry her to his former best friend and partner in crime Kris. Kris betrayed his friendship and trust, and fell in love with Sally. Now he must pay the price for that betrayal. Now, Sally stands alone on the edge of the other cliff, her lover Kris bound and broken, watching each other from a distance. Jay holds a gun to Kris’s head, and Sally pauses in her escape,” Suk Jin explained.

“Release him!” Sally’s voice stayed strong, determination and fear present in her defiant expression.

Jay chuckled and clicked back the ‘gun’. Kwang Soo made the sound to match his action.

“You’ve seduced my once best friend, Sally. You’ve both betrayed me, and you will pay for it,” Jay’s eyes narrowed at her. “It honestly doesn’t have to end this way. If you come back over here from the edge, maybe we can come to some sort of arrangement, but either way he dies.”

“I love you, Sally!” Kris shouted before receiving a slap by Jay. “Run away! Forget about me!”

“Maybe I should’ve forced her to marry me instead,” Jay muttered before kicking Kris. “I really don’t want to lose you this way, Sally. You are worth more than this, and more worthy than this trash that kneels before you, beaten and broken. So jump back over to this side and you can live in riches and have everything you’ve ever wanted. It doesn’t sound so bad, does it?”

“Everything but love,” Sally replied, tears rolling down her face as she glances at Kris.

Jay barked laughter at her naïve response. “Love? Love doesn’t exist in this world, silly girl. Love is a fairytale. There are no such things as happy endings. There is no prince on a white horse; there is no true love. So, here’s the deal. You come back over here and marry me, and I just might let Kris live. How does that sound? Sound like a happy ending to you?”

Sally just shook her head. “I would rather die than be by your side. I will not be your broodmare or your slave.”

She took a step closer toward the edge, looking down. Suk Jin made the sounds of waves crashing against the rocky cliffs. Kwang Soo made the sound of a seagull flying by, and Ji Hyo made more wind sounds.

“As you wish,” Jay aimed the gun at Sally. “Any last words?”

“I love you always and forever, Kris. Never forget that. I forgive you,” Sally sadly smiled.

“Sally no!” Kris cried out, his legs unable to move from under him.

Jay shot her in the chest, and she waivered, placing a hand over her wound. Kwang Soo made the sound of the gunshot.

“SALLY!” Kris screamed, watching her fall forward.

Sally fell over the cliff and into the water below. Jay walked to the edge and looked down. Ji Hyo made more windy sounds as Suk Jin made more waves crashing against the rocks.

“Such a waste of beauty,” he whispered and kissed the tips of his fingers to blow a kiss.

“And cut!” Haha announced, nearly forgetting that he was the director.

He was so engrossed in their acting that he forgot that he was supposed to interrupt and sabotage their act. Everyone gathered around the pool, but noticed that Sujeong hadn’t resurfaced yet.

“Sujeong!”

Flashlights focused on the pool, only to see very little bubbles forming. Kook was just about to dive in when Sujeong came bursting out of the water. She was laughing and pulled herself up.

“We did great!” she giggled, and frowned when everyone just stared at her. “W-what happened?”

“We were worried that you got hurt again,” Gary answered.

“Sorry. I think I lost count trying to remember how long I was supposed to stay submerged,” she bowed apologetically.

“Come on,” Kook wrapped a towel around her. “Let’s go watch our performance and see how we did.”

Everyone walked to the auditorium and sat in the seats as the projector was brought up to the stage’s screen. Sujeong was given new clothes to change into, and was wrapped in dry towels and jackets to keep warm. Kook sat next to her along with Jae Suk, and kept her warm.

“Dong Wan and I will judge to determine the points,” Myeok explained. “Enjoy the show!”

Sujeong attempted to make Jae Suk laugh as she pretended to eat popcorn and drink soda, making the noises to go with it. The movie cut on, and they watched, laughing as they heard Suk Jin’s clumsy voice narrate the story. The camera focused on Sujeong before panning over to Jae Suk, who was grinning with a hand on the kneeling Kook with his hands behind his back. Sounds heard by Ji Hyo made everyone laugh even harder.

The play continued on. By the end, everyone’s stomachs were hurting with tears in their eyes from all the laughter. Myeok took the stage with Dong Wan with the results in their hands.

“Results are as follows; Gary with 25 points. Good Camera work.

Haha with 24 points. Good self-control and letting the members continue with the play.

Suk Jin with 24 points. Creative use of narrating and wave sounds.

Ji Hyo with 24 points. Creative with sounds. Accurate.

Kwang Soo with 22 points. Nice seagull and gun sounds.

Jae Suk with 25 points. Good force of acting. Very convincing villain.

Kook with 24 points. Convincing injuries and pain.

And finally Sujeong with 25 points. Very good acting and control of emotions.

Three way tie with Sujeong, Jae Suk, and Gary. Therefore, there will be another game to determine who has the best acting skills. Gary, you will be the cameraman again, and there will be a challenge between Jae Suk and Sujeong,” Myeok concluded.

“What’s the challenge?” Sujeong asked, feeling her competitive spirit growing.

“An alternate ending,” Dong Wan answered. “To test your ability on improvisation, you will improvise a new ending to the scene. For the other members, you will have two hours to search around the school for props and items for Sujeong and Jae Suk to use.”

“This time, the winner will receive 15 points,” Myeok added. “I will divide the teams, so Sujeong and Jae Suk, please come forward.”

Sujeong grinned and fist bumped Jae Suk before they climbed onto the stage with the other members standing at the bottom looking up.

“On Sujeong’s team, Haha, Gary, and Ji Hyo,” Myeok called out, and they stood to her side. “On Jae Suk’s team, Kook, Kwang Soo, and Suk Jin. Remember, you have two hours to use anything you find for your team leaders to use for their final scene. Ready, go!”

Everyone laughed as they ran off, leaving Jae Suk and Sujeong behind. They both followed Myeok as he took them back to the pool area.

“You will have these two hours to work on improving your acting, but remember you’re competing against each other. The scene has to make sense between you two. Good luck,” Myeok left the room, leaving them alone with their VJs.

“I just got dry, and now I have to play in the water again,” Sujeong sighed.

“We won’t use the pool this time,” Jae Suk reassured. “Come on. Let’s come up with some alternate scenes.”


Two hours passed quickly, and piles of stuff were placed at Jae Suk and Sujeong’s feet. They both went through the piles and picked out the stuff they liked. Both picked up paper Mache swords, knowing they both wanted to do a fight scene. Sujeong picked out a frilly curtain and wrapped it around her, making it into a dress. She pinned it together with paperclips and string through the holes. She also made a string belt around her waist to attach the sword to it. Jae Suk cut out a vest for him out of cloth and put it on, making a pocket for an origami rose to put in it. He also made a belt out of string and attached the sword to it.

They both grabbed a few other things before moving over to make space for their scene, away from the pool.

“Lights, camera, action!” Haha went back to directing.

Gary took his position as the cameraman and focused on Jae Suk chasing Sujeong.

“Come back here, Sally!” Jay shouted.

Sally slid to a halt and turned to face Jay with defiance in her expression.

Jay stopped running and stood within three feet of her.

“I will not come back to you,” Sally snapped. “You killed Kris! He was your best friend! I loved him!”

“He betrayed me for you, Sally dear. You are mine. You belong to me!” Jay exclaimed, hand tightly gripping the hilt of his sword still at his waist.

“I belong to no one,” Sally retorted, staring him down. “I would rather die than go back to being your broodmare and slave!”

“I can arrange that as you wish,” Jay sneered. “But I’d much rather have you alive. Now, which will it be? Live with me and have a lavish life in riches, or die in vain?”

“You know my answer,” she replied as he drew out his sword in response; she didn’t flinch. “I’ll kill you before I ever think about going back to you!”

Sally drew out her own sword, and their blades met as they blocked each other before shoving each other back. Sally huffed and grabbed the skirt of her dress to rip it up to mid-thigh, giving her better mobility as she paced in a circle with Jay mirroring her steps.

Sally charged at Jay, blades striking at each other fast. Both were on the offensive. One wrong move could end it all…

Jay tripped backwards and landed on his rear, looking up to see Sally’s sword tip at his face. His sword still in hand, he kept it on the ground, and did nothing but laugh.

“What will you do now? I know you can’t kill me,” Jay chuckled. “You’re too innocent to bloody your own hands.”

Sally’s hand twitched, edging the blade lower to where his heart should have been.

“Come now, Sally. I’ll forgive you for this foolish mistake if you just come back with me,” Jay offered her his free hand. “It doesn’t have to end this way between us. We can learn to love, can’t we?”

With tears in her eyes, she shook her head. “This is for Kris!”

Just as she stabbed Jay in the chest, he had also picked up his sword and stabbed her at the same time. Jay laid back and laughed as Sally stumbled to her knees.

“I’ll see you both in hell,” he whispered with a choked laugh. “You can’t escape me.”

Both of them died at the same time, and Sally fell over face first, ending the scene.

“Cut! That’s a wrap!” Haha announced over the deafening silence, and Gary cut the camera off.

Everyone applauded and cheered. Jae Suk and Sujeong hugged each other. He patted her on the back as they took off their costumes and then followed everyone back to the auditorium to watch the scene over again. Once the movie ended, Myeok and Dong Wan climbed back onto the stage.

“This was a difficult decision,” Myeok began. “But we’ve decided to give both Jae Suk and Sujeong the 15 points, for exceeding our expectations. Congratulations!”

Sujeong suddenly yawned among the clapping and applauding. She took a look at her cell phone. Of course, nor reception, but the time read 11:15pm.

The intercom cut on. “Haha, that was a splendid show! Just fabulous! I must say that was anti-climactic, especially since I had the idea of killing her myself!” The voice broke into a long series of maniacal laughter before clearing his throat. “Anyways, I know it is late, and our dear little guest is tired! Time for sleepy time! Oh, did you think it was over already? The games have only begun! The night is young! Sleep while you can!”

“We have to stay the night?” Sujeong asked through her yawns.

“We have blankets and pillows,” Myeok replied. “Girls, follow One-Two Punch to your room, and guys follow me to yours.”

“Are you sure it’s wise to be separated like this at night?” Kook asked, glancing over from Myeok to Sujeong.

She shrugged. “Not much of a choice. I’ll be fine. I’ll still have the Ace with me, right?”

Ji Hyo nodded nervously, keeping close to Sujeong as they followed One-Two Punch into a classroom already set up for them. The boys slept in the next room across the hallway. Sujeong rearranged the sleeping situation so that she lay facing the door. She never liked sleeping with her back to the door. Problem was, as tired as she was, she stayed awake with her heart hammering at .

He said he wanted to kill me himself… That single line spun in her head as she couldn’t keep her heavy eyes off the doorway.

 

 

 

 

A/N Hi my favorite readers! How was this chapter? Chilling, isn't it? I have a few more chapters ready to update soon before I leave for South Korea next Friday, so anticipate those updates!

 

What do you think will happen next?!

 

Stay tuned!!

 

<3 Much love from your favorite author, Author Crystal. <3