Chapter 6: Auditorium Challenges

Running Man Horror: The Lost Episode

Image result for empty auditorium stage

After the delicious meal, everyone went back to work. Dong Wan brought out a red bucket with slips of paper folded inside, and handed it over to Myeok.

“Time to draw lots,” he explained. “Pick out one piece of paper, but don’t look at it until I instruct you to.”

The bucket was passed down the line until everyone picked one.

“Odd numbers are the blue team. Even numbers are the red team,” Myeok added. “You may now open your lots.”

Teams are as follows:

Blue Team:

1.Jae Suk

3. Kook

5. Haha

7. Ji Hyo

Red Team:

2. Kwang Soo

4. Suk Jin

6. Sujeong

8. Gary

 

Each member was given a red or blue shirt, and they slipped them on with new name tags. Myeok handed Jae Suk a mission card.

“Ssireum (wrestling) game! Win the game successfully, and receive 10 points for the team! Head to the auditorium to begin the game!”

The Running Man members groaned.

“We all know Kook is going to win,” Gary sighed.

“At least I won’t be humiliated this time,” Jae Suk said proudly, making everyone laugh.

They walked over ot the auditorium together. Here’s my chance, Sujeong thought while eyeing Kook. I can beat him! Fighting! She pumped her fist in the air just as Kook turned to her. She blushed and laughed.

“Love line!” Jae Suk sang, and Kook turned back ahead to silence him with a glare.

 

Finally reaching the auditorium, they saw a ring for the wrestling game on the stage. Sujeong eagerly rushed ahead, her giddiness and excitement showing in her eyes.

“I have a feeling it will be Commander and Sujeong in the end,” Haha said smugly, earning a punch on the shoulder from Kook.

“Number 7 and number 6 please go first,” Myeok announced.

That meant Ji Hyo and Sujeong are up first. The guys watched in anticipation as they entered the ring after tying the white band around their thigh and waist. Ji Hyo looked at her with a blank expression, and Sujeong laughed.

“Mong Ji Hyo, don’t go easy on me,” Sujeong whispered before they grasped each other’s bands.

“Start!” Myeok blew the whistle.

With all her strength, Ji Hyo picked Sujeong up off her feet to slam her back down, but Sujeong locked her legs as her feet came back down to touch the stage. Ji Hyo wrapped her left leg around Sujeong’s left leg and used her momentum to push forward, but Sujeong wasn’t budging.

“Wae?!” Ji Hyo cried, straining as she kept trying to push her. “What are you, a rock?”

Sujeong just grinned in response. Ji Hyo’s eyes widened and she let out a squeal as Sujeong shifted her weight forward while twisting her waist, and she and Ji Hyo fell. The boys clapped and yelled as Ji Hyo opened her eyes to see Sujeong on top of her. Ji Hyo lost.

“Winner: Sujeong!” Myeok announced. “Next to challenge her is number 1.”

Jae Suk grinned and danced his way over to the ring.

“My dongsaeng,” Jae Suk breathed as they grasped each other’s bands. “Go easy on me. I sacrificed myself for you in the last game, after all.”

“Start!”

With a wide grin in response, Sujeong wasted no time as she hoisted Jae Suk up into the air. He screamed as his grip fell from her. Sujeong flung him down halfway out the ring. Everyone watched in shock with their mouths dropping.

“Winner: Sujeong!”

Sujeong smiled and offered her hand to help the shocked Jae Suk to his feet.

“I intend to win,” she spoke as she glanced at Kook, who blushed in return.

Jae Suk burst out laughing and pulled her into a hug.

“Simply amazing,” he praised. “I expected no less from my dongsaeng!”

“Next to challenge is number 3!”

Haha rubbed his hands together with a wicked grin as he approached the ring. “You will not defeat me!” he declared.

“I will defeat you to face my rival,” Sujeong declared back with a bigger wicked grin.

With a bow they grasped each other’s bands and braced themselves as they waited for Myeok’s signal. Myeok just stood there and grinned, enjoying watching them wait for his order.

“Yah! Hurry up already!” Haha huffed.

Myeok just laughed and crossed his arms. He waited another thirty seconds before signaling them to start with the blow of his whistle. They both stiffened, testing and teasing each other by nudging one another a little bit at a time. Sujeong was just teasing him though, giving him a little bit of false hope in thinking that he had a possibility of winning.

Haha wrapped his left and locked it around her right leg, still stiffening in preparation for a counterattack. Sujeong, though, did nothing and did not prepare a counterattack. Haha saw this as an opportunity, and with all of his strength he pushed at her. She just smiled and didn’t budge. Haha so wanted to put her in a head lock and tackle her to the ground!... That gave him an idea…

Putting up a poker face so as to not reveal his plans, he shifted back and pulled Sujeong forward. She didn’t expect this move or the sudden change in direction, and collided into him, their bodies pressed close. Sujeong couldn’t hold back her surprise, or her blush, and she squeaked.

“Mianhe,” Haha whispered and blushed. “Didn’t expect it to happen this way…”

The members were hollering and laughing at the two awkwardly pressed against each other, neither willing to let go or back down. Sujeong just smiled, and Haha blushed even more as her face moved closer to his, nearly within kissing distance.

“W-what are you doing?” Haha stuttered.

“Mian,” she winked before locking her legs around his, toppling him down to his back.

“Winner: Sujeong!”

She giggled before helping the flustered Haha to his feet.

“That was hot,” Kwang Soo patted Haha’s back as everyone cheered and laughed.

Jae Suk was fanning himself. “Too hot!”

Sujeong just continued to giggle as Ji Hyo and Gary high fived her at the same time.

“Sujeong versus number 1!”

Sujeong grinned as the timid looking Commander approached the ring towards her. He meekly grabbed for her band and kept his gaze away from her.

“For the All-Kill, start!”

Sujeong immediately wrapped her leg around Kook’s right leg to gain leverage before pushing at him. Incredible! He won’t budge! Kook laughed awkwardly as he stumbled a little, but regained his posture and remained still, his hands secure on Sujeong’s band. She tried using her leg to push at the back of his knee, but he stiffened them and wasn’t moving at all.

“Yah! Andwae?!” Sujeong exclaimed. “Otoke?!”

Taking deep breaths, she used up all her energy for one last effort, and tightly wrapped both her legs around his to push forward with all her might. Still, he didn’t move, and she was left dangling on him. She laughed incredulously at the ridiculousness of it all.

“Put me out of my misery,” she requested with her head down in shame.

Kook complied and tossed her to the floor, ending her All-Kill streak.

“Winner: Kook!”

Sujeong’s team just sighed and forfeited their turns, knowing that could never win or stand a chance against Kook. Kook helped Sujeong to her feet, and she hugged him.

“Thanks for that,” she grinned. “I had fun.”

“Blue team wins, and is awarded 10 points each,” Myeok added before handing Kook the next mission card.

“Blue team versus Red team Photo Zone! Succeed with 3 out of 4 members in view of the photo zone to receive 5 points!”

The staff removed the ring to place down a small trapezoid-shaped step as a camera was set off stage ahead of them. The Running Man members and Sujeong were instructed to wait back stage behind the curtains as the set up was complete.

“We’re ready to take a picture now,” Myeok’s voice was heard, and the members rushed as the curtains were lifted.

Kwang Soo reached the step first, spreading his legs and arms to prevent anyone from coming up, but Jae Suk and Ji Hyo pulled him off to stand on top. Kook and Haha hopped on at the same time on opposite sides. Suk Jin climbed on, but was immediately pushed away by Ji Hyo. Sujeong hopped on from behind everyone and grabbed onto those standing in front of her. She tip toed as hands flailed. Chaos erupted as Myeok signaled for the camera, and they started jumping up and down.

“Picture taken!” Myeok announced before the camera projected the image onto the pull down screen behind everyone.

Everyone burst out into laughter. No one succeeded. Sujeong’s right hand blocked Jae Suk’s face as her left hand sat over Kwang Soo’s eyes. Jae Suk’s hands covered Kook’s face as Kook’s covered most of Gary’s upper face. His lower mouth revealed his expression a nearly peaceful look. Gary’s hands blocked Ji Hyo, and hers were covering Suk Jin’s entire face, grabbing his glasses. Kwang Soo’s arms blocked Sujeong’s view as Haha covered of her face, but also half of his own! Total blockage photo. Everyone failed. They all sighed and went back behind the stage again.

“Ready to take a picture!”

Everyone scrambled back onto the step. Pushing, pulling, shoving, and more blocking ensued as they started jumping up and down. The picture was taken, and they all turned around just as it was projected. There were six faces in total.

“We can see Kwang Soo’s face, Kook’s face, the top half of Haha’s head, Gary’s peaceful expression, and Sujeong’s full face in view with a wave of her hand,” Myeok chuckled. “Lastly, we see Ji Hyo. Blue team has 2, and red team has 3.Winner is the red team, who receives 5 points!”

He gave the red team the next mission card.

“Hide and Seek game! Winning team: Choose Seeker or Defending Team.”

“We choose defending!” Sujeong answered, and received the next card from Myeok.

“Defending Team: Search for the opposing team’s names in clues scattered around the school to get them out.”

Blue team received their card. “Seeker Team: Go to the classroom D-4 on the second floor to find your bells.”

Sujeong squealed in excitement. She loves this game!

“You can start in 5 minutes!” Myeok reminded.

Game, start!