C H A P T E R T W O

How Can I Fall? (ON-HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R T W O

 

Two weeks after, we were turning twelve! Yes, Youngju and I have the same birthday. But she didn't show up. For the past years, we celebrated together, but now it's different. I tried to call her, but she isn't picking up so I sent a voice message, "Youngju, Happy Birthday to us! We're turning tweleve! I'm glad you became my best friend...I hope I can see you but I'm blind." I said, followed by an awkward laugh. "But, now's not the time to be sad. We have to be happy! It's okay if we don't celebrate together now. I love you, best friend. Someday, when we grow up, I want you to be my wife."

The next day we received the good news, there's already a cornea donated! I couldn't explain what I feel. I was so happy.

I called Youngju, but she isn't picking up her phone so I sent another voice message, "Youngju, I received a cornea! I can see you again after my operation this day! Isn't that exciting? I'm so happy, and I know you're happy for me too. This is the best day of my life. I will be waiting for you later!"

The surgery took about four hours. When it was finished, I opened my eyes. Everything was so blurry at first, and I felt a bit dizzy. The doctor said my eyes were just adjusting to the light. A few moments after, I can see clearly. There's my mom, dad, Taehyung and Jimin, and my beloved noona. But...Youngju was not there. I felt sad, of course. I asked my mom, she looked at me and said, "She has something important to do, Jungkook." I just nodded, and I celebrated my birthday...without her. Maybe she was just out, because she has to celebrate her birthday with her family.

Yeah, it was just that.

The following day, I called her again. No answer. So I left her another voice message. What must've happened to her? I hope she's okay.

Another day passed, and still no sign of Youngju. Usually, she would go here or I'll go there...that's right! I should go to her house! I asked my Noona if I could go, but she was crying when I went inside her room.

"What's wrong, Noona?" I asked. She dried her tears with her handkerchief.

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter