C H A P T E R T E N

How Can I Fall? (ON-HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R T E N

Last day of intramurals and the Prom Night

 

"mogeul noha ureodo deudji mothal neojiman, oneuldo ni ireumman bulleobwa~" Jimin hyung sang. We ignored him. He's always like that whenever he's happy. I distinctly remember, Na Hyunji's his partner for the prom so he began acting like that again.

"michidorok neoman bogoshipda~ jukdorok neoman bogoshipda~ michyeonaeryeo aereul sseodo, only yooouuu~"

(Author's Note: The song's 'Michidorok' or 'Madly' by FTISLAND~ ouo Ok continue reading.)

"Ya! Jimin! You hurt my eardrums!" Namjoon hyung shouted. Jimin hyung stopped singing. We're on our way to our booth when...

"Attention all haksaengs and seonsaengnims, please proceed immediately to your respective rooms to discuss all about the prom tonight." the school principal, Mr. Park, intercommed, "Again, attention to all haksaengs and seonsaengnims, please proceed immediately to your respective rooms to discuss all about the prom tonight. Thank you."

The hyungs and I went to our rooms, some students are excited and some are complaining. We went inside the room, and we are the only ones missing. I sat on my chair, beside Youngju. "Hey," I greeted. She smiled. "Hello, Jungkook."

"Soooo...how are you? Ready for the prom tonight?" I asked while we were still waiting for Seonsaengnim. Her smile didn't fade away, "Of course I am. You?"

"Me too." I felt like I don't feel nervous now at all, like that prom's nothing. Actually, whenever a  prom's coming on, girls'd usually ask me out and I'd decline. Isn't it a bit...inaccurate? Isn't supposed to be the 'guy-asking-a-girl-out-for-prom-date' kind?

Well, I think the reason why I'm not nervous at all at the coming prom later is that no girl actually asks me out.

The door opened, and seonsaengnim entered. She greeted us with a smile. "Hello, everyone. The reason why Mr. Park asked you all to head inside your rooms is because something's up," she hesitated, her smile vanished, "You'll do community service later this afternoon until seven p.m." she stated.

The class reacted a big, "WHAT?!", some said, "No!", other girls complained, "This isn't fair! How are we gonna do our makeups and hairdos? It will take us hours!", some commented, "Really? Why can't they just cancel it? Proms are boring, actually."

The hyungs also reacted, "What? Really?" Namjoon hyung said. "Is this for real? But it's still on so..." Hoseok hyung said followed by a groan, ruffling his hair in frustration. We didn't mind him.

Seonsaengnim laughed hysterically, that made us jolt in surprise and look at her shockingly. "I'm just kidding! The real reason is that Mr. Park wants to make the prom a little longer and he wants us to go home early. He called the catering services and he even hired people to decorate the school's coliseum and the field as well. He wants this to be grand since this is the school's eightieth prom and the school's anniversary as well." she said, "Hmm, it's still eleven-thirty so you can wait until the bell rings at eleven forty-five. This is your time to arrange your things or do some errands or whatever it is you want to do." she finished and she bid us all goodbye. We bowed our heads and used the last fifteen minutes to talk.

"Nooooo! Can you tell Ram Myun I'm sick and I can't come because I have Loose Bowel Movement?" Hoseok hyung wnispered to us while glancing sideways at Ram Myun, talking to Bung Geoppang (probably about the prom). Jimin hyung slapped his back and exclaimed, "That's gross, hyung!" I laughed.

"If that's the only way to escape that demented prom later then--" he was cut off by a sound that came from the intercom.

"Hello? Hello? Mic test, mic test. Thunder~ thunder~ thunder~" Mr. Park intercommed, testing the mic, we giggled upon hearing him,"Ne? Is it on? What? Everyone can hear me? Oh, I'm sorry. Sorry everyone! This is Mr. Park. Uhh..." he coughed, "I would like to say that the school's prom later is COMPULSORY. That means you have to go. If you don't go, I'll make you answer a five-hundred-items exam at the Guidance Center about Radicals, Algebra, Trigonometry and every branch of Math. Okay, I think I made myself clear. No killjoys allowed or else you'll be kicked out of the school.

"Another thing, your tables are by friends so your seonsaengnims will give your table numbers on your way out. Well, good day everyone!" he said, followed by another sound, and then it went out.

We looked at Hoseok hyung with crazy smiles. "I give up! Araseo, I'll go." he said. "If only I know those things..." he mumbled.

"What time will you go?" Seokjin hyung asked us. Jimin hyung said, "As early as six o'clock!" followed by a laugh.

"Before the program starts, maybe. Where will we meet?" I said.

Taehyung looked at me, and then at the hyungs, "At the fountain? Or at our table?"

"Hmm, maybe at our table. Bring your dates, okay?" Yoongi hyung said. We nodded in agreement and a few minutes later the final bell rang and as Mr. Park said, they gave us our table numbers for later. They even said that we have to be here about ten minutes earlier so we can register and such.

***

Six forty-five in the evening.

"Here's your bowtie, Honeybunch. Waaah, my honeybunch is so handsome! Give your Babe a kiss," Noona said and pushed her cheeks onto mine, "It's still early...if I'm not mistaken, the program'll start at eight, right? What time will you fetch your date?" she asked.

"Seven ten. We have to go early for registration." I explained, brushing my hair with my hands.

She nodded her head and walked out, "Well, enjoy there! Are you gonna bring the DSLR?" she asked.

"Yes! I'll bring it. Thanks for reminding me Noona. Can you get it for me?"

"You're welcome. Just wait a sec, I'll bring it right over."

After a few moments she came back with the DSLR and handed it to me. Then she went out again. I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed. Actually, I'm a bit nervous of what's gonna happen later at Youngju's house...I just wish I don't screw up and do anything stupid.

I texted Taehyung hyung, since he knows where the twins live. I immediately got a reply that says:

"I already told you where! Figure it out yourself. I'm busy. Mwahahahaha >:D" oh yeah, I forgot. I already know where. Lol.

I grabbed my car keys and headed out.

***

When I reached Youngju's house earlier than the said time, I was immediately greeted by one of their helpers and let me in. A lady, which I assume was in her early forties, greeted me with a smile. She must be her mom.

"Hello. You are Youngju's date, right?" she asked. I nodded and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Jeon Jungkook, ma'am." I greeted politely.

She smiled and said, "I like you, you are so polite!" she exclaimed, giggling. I just gave her a big smile. "I  think Youngju is done. You can see her upstairs."

"Kamsahamnida," I said and bowed again.

I walked upstairs and there are five doors. A helper went outside on one of the rooms and I approached her. "Where is Youngju's room?"

She pointed at the last door at the end of the corridor. I smiled at her and told her, "Thanks." I made my way through her room and knocked three times. No one was answering, so I knocked again. No one was still answering, so I decided to go inside.

What I saw the next moment surprised me. "Oh! Eomma! Can you please help me zip this up?" Youngju said while facing the wall, wearing a long, beige gown with little swarovski crystals. Her back was exposed, I tried not to look but my eyes can't take it. And here I am, staring at her back with my mouth slightly hanging open.

"Eomma?" she said again, and was about to turn around but I went over her, and helped her zip her gown up. I gulped as my finger touched her bare skin lightly while I zipper up her back. God, this back is so y. "Thanks, eomma." she said as she turned around. Her smile vanished, and now she has a horrified look on.

"J-jungkook..." she stuttered. I smiled awkwardly and felt myself blush, the same time she did. Honestly, I don't know what to do, so I covered my mouth with the back of my hand and looked at my wristwatch. It was seven fifteen.

I coughed and said, "Uhh...I decided to go early for the regisration and when i got here your mom told me you're already ready but...sorry."

She stared at me with her brown eyes. "No, no, no. It's okay, Jungkook. So, let's go?"

I nodded and opened the door for her. We went downstairs and her mom took us pictures. "You look good together." she commented, making both of us blush again.

I just said, "Kamsahamnida, ma'am."

"Uhm, we'll go now, Eomma." Youngju murmured. And then we heard footsteps at the stairs. "Oh, Eonni! You're so pretty."

"Aww, my daughters are so pretty!" Youngju's mom said. Shinyeong bowed and smiled.

She turned to look at me and she greeted me, "Jungkook! Is Taehyung with you?" I shook my head and replied, "No, but he said he'll be here later."

I grabbed Youngju's hand and placed it around my arm. "Ma'am, we'll go now."

I bowed with Youngju as a sign of respect, and we walked outside. I opened the car's door for her and let her in. She smiled and let herself inside, carrying her pouch with her. I went inside and started the engine. The awkward aura was back again, making me sweaty. It was so quiet, I feel like I'll be deaf.

I the raido, and a song played.

"Oh, were here. There's still not a lot of people." Youngju suddenly said, looking around the school parking lot. I parked it six cars away from the exit. I turned the engine off and I went out first, to open the door for her. She bowed her head slightly, and said Thank you.

When we reached the reception area, a girl wearing what receptionists usually wear, greeted us. "Hello! You're early. Can I ask for your names, please?"

"Jeon Jungkook and Kim Youngju." I really don't like to say her whole name, she reminds me of the girl from my past. She nodded as she wrote our names.

She gave us a pen and said, "Please sign here," pointing to a blank beside our name. I signed it with a flourish, and we headed inside. I looked for table number 18, it is where me and the hyungs will meet. They're still not here, so we decided to get some fresh air at the fountain.

As soon as we reached the fountain, we sat at the swing beside it, the metal beam supporting it covered with red, white and pink roses and tulips. Youngju looked at the flowers and picked up a red rose. She sniffed it and then she sneezed.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She smiled at me, like she's trying not to laugh. "Yes. I just think I inhaled in a--a--achoo! I think I inhaled pollens." I laughed at her but she didn't mind.

I looked at the sky trying to think of something to say.

"I noticed you don't date girls here and there now. Your fangirls are waiting for you to date them." she suddenly spoke. I turned my head to look at her.

"I don't really know why suddenly I don't feel like dating girls every now and then." I sighed. "You said fangirls? Really? I have those?"

She nodded and said, "In every class. They even produced a fanclub for you. I sometimes see them taking you pictures secretly. So, aside from you having a fanclub, you also have a fansite. Plus, your fandom name's Kookies." she laughed. I gave her a puzzeled expression.

"Really? Since when?"

"Hmm...I think several months ago. Wow, they treat you like an idol!" she said and we laughed.

"How did you know all about this?" I asked her curiously.

"Shinyeong told me and she said they're also your spy."

I felt goosebumps form. I think those girls are creepy...and how come I don't know about all of this? "Really? Well...that's--that's creepy. I never really paid any attention to everyone surrounding me. And now I know, I might see them anywhere...am I right?"

She nodded in response, and with that I heard someone call,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter