Resignation

Forbidden Love

Seohyun’s POV

N pulls the trigger, screaming I run towards him ignoring the pain in my side.

The gun clicks but nothing happens.

I tackle N to the ground, N looks around shocked. He takes the clip out of the gun: it’s empty.

“W–what?” He splutters. I kiss him, making him look even more shocked but as his normal self.

“I can't believe you’re still alive.” I hug him tightly. Slowly he puts his arms around me hugging me back. He looks at my side and he immediately gets the towel, he presses it against my side.

“We need to get you treated.” He says holding out his arm to help me up. I take it and he pulls me close and we slowly walk out the room. We pass the guard who must have been knocked out because he’s just now coming to, we go downstairs and N sets me down on the ground in front of the door. “I’ll call the ambulance.” He says. In minutes they’re here, they lift me into the ambulance with N helping them.

“No, he should also come, he needs treatment to.” I say. He sits next to me silently, I reach out and take his hand. He smiles slightly and squeezes my hand. When we get there, they take us both in but I have to stay the night and N is sent to my house.

 

N’s POV

Once I’m at the house, I go to Seohyun’s room to get something and then to her father Dong-Sun’s office. I knock four times on the door showing that I’m part of the staff.

“Come in.” He calls. I open the door, “What brings you here?” He asks.

“Uh, I-I wanted to buy myself free.” I say.

“Do you have the money?” He asks. I nod and take out the money Joon had given me and also the money I saved up from my salaries over the year (which is not much but it’s enough). Dong-Sun picks it up and counts it. He nods, “This is enough, consider yourself free.” He says.

“Thank you.” I bow deeply.

“May I ask why you want to leave?” He asks.

“Yes, I, um, think I have become a greater danger to your daughter with my condition. I believe that leaving will make it better.” I say. He nods.

“What do I tell Seohyun, she has grown fond of you.” He says.

“Only say that I’ve left because I want my condition to improve not about her safety, keep that part unsaid.” I say. He nods.

“You were a very good worker here, Hakyeon.” He bows his head. I bow back and leave the room, I walk into Seohyun’s room and look under my bed for my stuff. I pull out my small briefcase that has all my clothes and a little bit of money so that I’ll be able to go on until I find work. Someone knocks on the door.

“Come in.” I say. The guard comes in, with a bag in his hand.

“This is a farewell gift from the staff.” He smiles at me. I smile back and take the bag.

“Thank you.” I say. Then he reaches into his pocket and pulls out an envelope.

“Dong-Sun wanted to give this to you.” He gives it to me and then leaves. I open the envelope first. It’s a recommendation letter, I grin; now I have a better chance at getting a job. I look in the bag and see some food from the kitchen and a button down white shirt and black trousers. I put the things in my case and close it. I quickly make her bed and then leave the room.

 

An update!!! I really got you guys then didn't I? I thought about just keeping it like that but I couldn't do that to you, sorry for giving you guys a scare :/ Please don't be a silent reader, I beg you!