Restaurant

Forbidden Love

I order a tomato soup with cream and then for the main course spaghetti carbonara, Yoona orders for us a bottle of wine and some bubble water. The black haired waiter doesn’t come in our direction at all which I find quite strange for a waiter but when our food comes my stomach growls and I forget all about him. The food is delicious and the service is excellent, but when the meal is coming to an end, I begin to remember about him again.

“Yoona, do you see that waiter with the black hair?” I ask her. She looks around the restaurant and nods.

“Yes, what about him?” She asks.

“I think he looks like N.” I reply.

“Really? But that guy’s hair is different though.” She squints at him, “Seohyun, I think the stress is getting to you.” She says.

“It isn’t! I’m quite sure it’s him, if he would only turn around.” She grumbles.

“Exactly, what if he did turn around and it isn’t him? All this getting your hopes up about N, I don’t want to see you disappointed. We’ve got it narrowed down now, so we’ll be able to find out where he is tomorrow.” She says.

“I’ll prove you wrong, mark my words.” I tell her.

“We’ll see.” She says obviously not believing me and this makes me even more determined to prove her wrong. When we finish dinner we split the bill and then she bids me goodnight and then leaves, I stay there and see that there’s still quite a bit of wine left, good, I’ll still have some to wait for that waiter, I think. Even now, the waiter doesn’t once look my way, is another guy scared of me? I frown. Without thinking too much about it, I drink one glass of wine, then another, and another until my mind is foggy and I’m about to fall asleep.

“Miss, are you alright?” A familiar voice asks me while tapping on my shoulder. I lift my head slightly and see a waiters uniform, I try to look higher but my head starts throbbing and I groan in pain. “I’ll get you out for some air.” He says taking me by the arm and leading me out. I get a burst of fresh air and my head clears slightly, I lean on the banister and breath in deeply. I look at the waiter who brought me out here, it’s N.

“Where have you been?” I ask slightly angrily. He looks down at his feet shifting uncomfortably.

“I had to leave. Because of my condition.” He says.

“I know it’s because of that and I understand that. But why didn’t you say goodbye, a simple note would have been enough.” Tears start to fill my eyes.

“I-I…” He can't finish his sentence.

“Did you not care enough to do so?” I ask. His eyes widen and he looks up at me as tears start to fall from my eyes.

“N-no, it’s not because of that, I just wanted to, keep you…” He mumbles something inaudible.

“What was that?” I ask.

“I wanted to keep you safe. Maybe one day you would tell them not to chain me up but that would only lead to you getting hurt, or worse! Remember I asked to be chained up, I may have appeared to be scared of you but I was only scared to hurt you.

“I knew you were a good person, and of course I cared, that feeling strengthened when I really experienced your kindness when I got sick and you had taken care of me. When Joon had started kissing you I was mad with jealousy and then when I realized what was actually happening my condition mixed with anger so the next day I was so embarrassed because now lots of people knew there was something wrong with me and I was so scared that you would be afraid of me.

“The fear grew when I realized the next day that you had seen one of my attacks and I was ashamed of myself. And then I had gotten you dragged into Seo-Jun’s business and then I really started to hate myself for how he hurt you, then I tried to end it all like you had seen. I didn’t want any more harm to come to you and that would come from me, and when you kissed me I realized I had fallen for you but I couldn’t be with you and I had to get away from the life I had had in your house with Seo-Jun. I didn’t want to leave without notice but I thought it was for the best. Then I finally got a job here after asking around a lot, I applied as a cook but they gave me this job as a waiter and I must admit, I like waiting on people. And earlier today Yoona came up to me and said she was coming to this restaurant with you and she told me I had to talk to you because you were so beaten up about me leaving.” He explains.

“Wait, so this talk is because of Yoona?” I ask. He nods, “Little genius.” I think about how well she lied denying that it was N and convincing me to take a break from searching.

“I feel so bad for what I caused you to feel both emotionally and physically.” He says.

“I have feelings for you N, you left making my emotions go crazy. My head was filled with so much doubt about y–” He cuts me off with a kiss.

“I said I had fallen for you didn’t I, princess?” He pulls away smiling shyly, “Now I can assure you that my condition is very well now, I’ve gone to therapists and psychiatrists about this. I have medication now, I have to admit I did I have voices in my head and this classifies me as crazy which I am…about you.” He says making me blush and the alcohol is not helping.

“That was such a cheesy line but it worked.” Yoona says coming up behind N who whirls around and blushes slightly, “And you Seohyun, I can't believe you’re charmed by these kind of lines.” She winks at me.

“You’re a devious girl.” I glare at her.

“You said it yourself, I’m a genius.” She bows.

“Yes you are.” I grin at her.

“You two will make the cutest couple ever!” She squeals.

“Only if he cooks for me, will you, Cha Hakyeon?” I ask taking his hand.

“Of course, princess.” He smiles down at me.