Rain

Forbidden Love

I wake up and go to the bathroom, when I exit I see that N is still chained up but awake.

“Morning, do you have any idea where the key would be?” I ask.

“It’s with the guard.” He says.

“He’s late isn’t he?” I ask and N nods. At that moment, the guard rushes in and releases N.

“I am very sorry princess, I had some hindrances on the way here, I am so sorry.” He tumbles over his words.

“I was in need of my slave and he was unable to help with anything so you really need to come on time or I will inform my father about faults of the staff.” I say coldly.

“Yes, princess, I am truly sorry.” The guard bows. N stands up and makes my bed.

“Anything else I should do?” He asks after picking up my things from the floor.

“Some breakfast would be nice.” I say. He goes out the door and a few minutes later he comes in with the food and sets it on my table. “Well I’m going out, bye.” I stand up once I’m finished eating.

“Are you going shopping?” My father asks.

“Yes I am.” I nod.

“Then the slave must accompany you because he has to carry your bags and other things.” He says, I look at N who nods.

“Okay, then he’s coming.” I say. N picks my coat up and puts it on me.

“Get the umbrella, it’s raining.” Father says. N obeys and we go outside. N opens the umbrella and holds it above the entrance while getting soaked. I step under the umbrella and we walk silently with one of my guards to where I’m supposed to meet my friend.

“N, come under the umbrella.” I say.

“He can't, it’s one of your father’s rules.” The guard says shaking his head. I open my mouth to say something when I see Yoona coming over.

“Hey Seohyun.” Yoona hugs me before nodding at the guard.

“Hey Yoona.” I smile at her.

“Is this the new guy?” She smiles lightly at N who bows to her.

“This is N, N this is my friend Yoona.” I introduce them.

“Hello Yoona.” He bows again.

“Lets get inside before we get even more soaked.” I say and we go into the café. N stays standing outside with the guard.

“Why didn’t you leave him back at yours?” Yoona asks frowning.

“Father said I had to take him, I didn’t want to and now he’s suffering in the cold.” I say as N shivers.

“And he couldn’t even go under the umbrella as well?” She asks.

“No, the guard didn’t let him.” I reply.

“This is not right, he’s being treated like dirt.” She says.

“That’s not all, he used to be Seo-Jun’s slave and we all know how he is.” I say.

“What?!” Her jaw drops.

“Yes, but now, the sooner we go shopping the better because he’ll be able to walk with us inside.” I say.

“Let’s go then.” Yoona says jumping up.

“We’re going shopping for real now.” I say smiling slightly. N nods and holds the umbrella out again; this time for Yoona and I. Once we’re in I can see N rub his arm after he closes the umbrella. I hear whispers from the girls staring at N.

“He is so cute!” Yes he is.

“How did she get him?” I got him.

“I want him, do you think we could by him off her?” He’s not for freaking sale! I glare at the one who said that.

“Where is he from?” Good question. We walk past them all and I ignore the jealous looks I’m getting. While we’re shopping for clothes, Ji-Yoon–a rich girl from another family–walks over to N.

“What’s your name?” Ji-Yoon asks batting her eyes at him.

“N, miss.” He says rearranging the bags in his hands looking uncomfortable.

“That’s a cute name.” Ji-Yoon.

“Thank you.” He bows his head. I nudge Yoona and point at Ji-Yoon trying to get closer to him.

“Hello Ji-Yoon, nice to see you.” Yoona says after paying for our clothes. I get the bags.

“I’ll carry those, princess.” N says reaching for the bags.

“No I’ll carry them.” I smile at him. He nods and drops his hand, “We’ll be seeing you later, Ji-Yoon.” I force a smile.

“Take this you two, and bring him too.” She gives Yoona and I a purple envelope. We all walk out of the shop.

“That’s enough shopping for today.” Yoona says and I nod.

“Lets get going.” I tell N who nods and gets out the umbrella; the guard who is also covered by the umbrella has taken the bags to stop the clothes from getting wet. Once we’re home, I turn around to see N start to shiver again.