TEN

EXOPLANET
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What do you think you're doing?" Suji snapped at the three sodden boys dripping onto the wooden panels of Suho's bedroom floor, dressed in his clothes which she had quickly snatched in order to preserve their dignity, "Don't you think this is enough already? I'm not a gosiwon for you all to rent and leave."

She was sick all the boys barging into her life only to drop her like a used tissue. She wasn't willing to accept another one so soon. Especially not three at once, "Don't you have anything better to do? Go bother Yixing and the rest of them."

They were silent. The smallest surreptitiously tugged at the shirt of another boy, the darker one, as though for moral support or guidance. The third palest boy stared around the room with open curiosity, face scrunched up in a permanent scowl.

They looked rather ridiculous, in matching sparkling tracksuits, with only the small timid boy fitting Suho's size perfectly. The other two showed too much ankle and wrist; the fabric tight around their frames.

"Don't act as though you can't talk. Suho's tried that on me before and I did not fall for it so I won't fall for it this time either." Suji warned sternly, "You three had better pipe up this instant and explain yourselves or you'll find yourselves outside without any clothes. We don't do handouts here."

 

The milky skinned boy opened his mouth as though to speak, prompted by glances from the other two, but quickly shut it, eyeing Suji uncertainly. It seemed as though he knew not how to speak, or that he wasn't sure what to say.

"What are your names?" Suji pressed, impatient for any form of communication, "Or don't you have any?"

"Don't have any." The shortest boy murmured shyly, half hiding behind the darker boy, "We're not sure what to do or where to go. He told us to come here." A finger poked out of the sleeve of his tracksuit, pointing at the whitest boy.

"Right." Suji rolled her eyes. Of course they didn't. Where on Earth would they get one. Yixing had expressly described this world as… what was it… 'very much a superficial world in comparison to ours'. Well, they were certainly getting names. She would be glad to do the honours.

 

"You!" She barked, pointing at the short kid, "You girly little shy guy! From now on, you're name is Kyungsoo. Okay?" She smirked inwardly at the jest.

Her mother had wanted to name her next daughter Kyungsoo. Well, this was as close as she would get to another daughter. He certainly acted like one. Suji, Suho and Kyungsoo. God, how her little family had grown these past few days.

Kyungsoo pointed at himself in disbelief with his little half hidden finger, "Me?" He asked in whispery horror. His grip on the other's tracksuit grew stronger.

"But that'sh a girl'sh name." The palest boy mumbled, lisping slightly, "I shaw a girl with that na-"

"Well, be glad it's not yours." Suji frowned at him. His scowl became more pronounced at her words but he held her tongue, unwilling to embarrass himself further with his ridiculous lisp.

 

She wasn't actually sure what to do with the trio. They were the most unusual set of boys she had ever met, aliens and all. Little shy Kyungsoo's eyes bugged out in nervousness every time she looked at him that she was afraid he was going to pop one out. He stuck to his partner like a limpet, refusing to let go and had a habit of burying his face into the other's shoulder when he felt that the pressure was too great. All in all, Suji felt that he was definitely gay. Or at the very least, a really feminine man.

The darkest boy, was undeniably the most manly of all ten of their kind she had seen. His face was slim and rugged, expression coolly detached and his lips… God, his lips. Suji didn't even want to think about them, for fear of mentally cheating on Minhyun. He appeared to be the most mature of the three, though forever silent; calm, collected and definitely dependable judging from the protective stance he had over Kyungsoo. Suji had had no way of predicting how much of a baby this boy would become.

The milky boy was, however,  quite possibly the complete opposite. His very appearance was mature, eyes appearing to be intelligent and judging; brows always pinched together in an expression of distaste. He was skinny. Too skinny. But he looked as though he had experienced all the world had to offer, with the maturity and responsibility of a young man who had faced so much that he could no longer enjoy the simplest of things.

That is, until he opened his mouth. Only then was it apparent that he was mentally, and probably physically, the baby of the three. Unintelligible babble coursed out; only a percentage of which that Suji could understand. He spoke with a babyish lisp, often meshing words or sentences together until Kyungsoo had to translate them for her in order for her to understand. She didn't even want to think about how hard teaching him proper Hangeul would be.

 

There was no way that she would be introducing the three to her parents. Not so soon after Suho left. She wasn't even sure how to explain his sudden disappearance, much less the appearance of three more boys. One was mute, another couldn't string a sentence together and the other was so shy he could only get the words out in a whisper. Great. Just Great.

 

 

"Abeoji." Suji paused at the door to her father's office, having never personally sought him out before. She had always preferred to keep out of his sight, choosing to avoid him rather than actively try to engage him in conversation. Even he seemed shocked enough at her appearance that he shut his laptop and took off his reading glasses, staring at her in amazement.

"What is it Suji? I was working."

"I know. I'm sorry for taking your time." She paused, uncertain of how to broach the topic of Suho's disappearance, "I just wanted to discuss… my future with you. Mine and Suho's that is."

His eyebrows shot up with disbelief but he waved at her to continue. Suji appreciated the gesture. She had been dreading the delivery of the long explanation she had prepared.

"I want to grow more independent from this household. Even if for a short while. I want to be able to look after myself so as to prepare for the time when I won't be able to live with you or Umma or a household of maids and chauffeurs." She took a deep breath, "I want to move out now. With Suho. It'll allow us to become more proactive in our life choices and decisions."

 

She carefully chose words which she knew her father would approve of, wishing so very much that he would at least consider her proposition. She didn't know how else to explain away Suho's absence. Your adoptive son of one week was a water controlling alien and has decided to join his alien friends? It was so much easier to pretend that all was well. To hide this from her parent's eyes.

"Very well." Her father nodded, "I believe that this is a good choice."

Suji could hardly believe the words coming out of her father's mouth, "Really?"

"Find a property and discuss its suitability with Henry. I want the paperwork on my desk before you go through with its purchase. Once everything's done, you may move out with your brother."

"Alright." Suji wanted to rush up to him and throw her arms around him but she tamped down the sudden inexplicable urge. It was inappropriate. Especially to Kim Sooro. "Thankyou Abeoji. We really appreciate it."

He waved her away, "I'm busy. Go find Henry."

 

"Get up." Suji pulled the thick woolen blanket off Suho's bed, causing Jongin to throw his arm over his eyes and groan, rolling over and wrapping his legs around Kyungsoo who still slept like a rock. "We're moving out now. I bought a house today so you'd all better get ready."

"What?" Sehun sat up groggily from the camp bed on which Suho had slept when she took over his bed, expression still sour, "What'sh happening?"

"Get dressed." She threw three sets of overalls on the bed, embroidered with 'Hwang's Transportation

Please log in to read the full chapter