SE7EN

EXOPLANET
Please log in to read the full chapter

"How was your little trip to the hospital?" Suji crossed her arms, glaring up at Suho from his bed.

He shrugged, loosening his tie and carefully hanging it up on a hook. She had taken up permanent residency in his room since her confrontation with the figure outside her window, forcing Suho to make do on a camp bed beside his wardrobe.

He had given no indication that he knew of her encounter with his counterparts earlier that day and she was itching with impatience at his lack of interest and oblivion.

 

Suji slid onto her stomach, resting her chin on her folded arms as she nonchalantly watched him his shirt. Suho slipped the shirt off, revealing his lean toned chest, and tossed the white cloth over Suji's head, covering her view. She didn't make a move to take it off, amused at the speed with which he was growing accustomed to the society's ways.

"I thought you weren't from around here. You're not human, so why would you care?."

"That doesn't mean that I don't have pride. I'm a man after all."

Suji's lips curled up into a grin, "Are you embarrassed?"

"No. I'm just following the social norm in this world." Suho tapped her forehead through his shirt, "I'm done now."

 

She tugged the shirt off, running her fingers through her hair which had stiffened and flicked in all directions as a result of the cotton shirt's static. Suho was now dressed in a sequined handmade tracksuit, an Italian piece by a renowned master designer and craftsman. Now, this piece was obviously her mother's choice. She had expensive tastes. Her fashion sense, however, was another story. Potential stylist, her mother was not.

Suho had changed a lot since she met him. He was like a child at first; unable to use cutlery, dress himself, bathe. It was as though he were relearning all his life skills.

A week had done wonders for him, transforming him from an overgrown baby recoiling from food as though it were poisoned with shirts half hanging off his neck to a thankfully properly dressed boy who scarfed down anything he could find at dinnertime to an independent and mature young man who could finally use cutlery and utilised perfect table manners.

His rate of growth was astounding and their family have been amazed at his development.

 

"You're a man huh?" Suji scoffed and teased playfully, "Then should I move back to my room?"

"I never asked you to stay. Besides, I'm not one to subject myself to humanity's carnal desires." Suho smirked before muttering under his breath, "unlike some people."

Suji sat upright, indignant at his implied accusation, "What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing." He smirked, "But I could feel your excitement when I started undressing. You were quite… stimulated."

"I was not!" She scowled defensively

"You can't hide it from me. I can feel all your emotions."

"What? You never told me that!"

"You never asked."

Suji felt betrayed, exposed to him. She should have guarded her thoughts and emotions around him. How many embarrassing thoughts had he heard? How many stupid, childish whims? It explained Luhan and Yixing's behaviour. How Yixing had instantly realised her feelings the moment she met him, on her hands and knees.

How Luhan was so certain that she knew Suho. How they spoke in half sentences, the other half being mental traded banter. It all made sense in that instant.

 

"You should have told me. Mind reading is no small thing."

Suho looked taken aback, "I never said anything about mind reading. Who told you about that?"

"You didn't?" Suji nervously fiddled with the golden band around her left wrist as she racked her mind for an explanation, "Well, It was implied."

"No." He shook his head, "I didn't say or do anything that suggested that I had the power to read minds." He sat beside her, the bed dipping under his weight. "You're hiding something. You're nervous and hesitant." He gazed into her eyes, giving a sense of calm and trust, "I'm here."

It was simply a reminder, the true message hidden in his gaze.

I'll listen to you.

He was always a man of few words. Those few words, however brief, were enough for Suji. It was in that very moment when she acknowledged Suho, not as a pesky boy or a powerful subhuman species, but as her older brother. Someone she can definitely count on. Whether or not to accept this newfound sense of trust, however, was another issue.

She had yet to test him.

 

"Can you tell me all your powers Suho? I don't want to keep getting surprised every time you pull something new out of your sleeve. Next thing I know, you can make things float in the air." She laughed outwardly, while closely observing his reaction.

To her disappointment, he betrayed no emotion, only looking at her with an odd expression, each gauging the other, "I can control water." He said shortly, "I can feel emotions. My five senses are enhanced. I have a higher stamina and strength than humans and I'm virtually indestructible. I'm the real Man of Steel." He joked, trying to make light of the situation.

"So you can't read minds?" Suji pressed.

"No."

"Oh." Suji kept her tone bright, though her eyes narrowed. Liar. She knew the truth and he was denying everything. He didn't trust her. Not yet.

 

"Why did you reveal yourself to me?" Suji asked suddenly, "You could have kept everything to yourself. You had the perfect cover. Why did you show yourself to me? Reveal your powers to me? All from the first day?"

Suho looked away briefly and she could see his impasse face. She longed to know what was behind those eyes. They were so passive and neutral, yet there was a depth to them that revealed much more to her adoptive brother. Yet, whenever she delved further, he cut her off or veiled himself from her, as though afraid of how much he had already shown her.

"I was scared." He admitted softly, looking down at his hands. At that moment, Suho seemed so very human that Suji forgot about their differences and the rift between them and took his hand in hers, hoping to give him any comfort she could, even if through a gesture as small as this. He seemed a bit surprised, tensing up beside her, but didn't comment and simply continued, "That day was my first time in this world. I didn't know how to act, whether I was would blend in, what to say or do."

"Why did you come in the first place?"

"My… kind. They've been here before a long time ago. Six of them arrived without any idea of what they would find. They didn't know the language, the culture, the norm. Even human interaction and their physical forms were completely new to them." Suho spoke in a matter of fact tone, swallowing down any emotion. It wasn't in his nature to reveal his inner self. It was akin to expressing his weaknesses. Suji could only look on with a mixture of pity and empathy. "We received no word from them. They had no way of returning to us. We could only imagine what they went through. Only recently did they contact us."

"Is that why you came?"

"Yes." Suho's eyes narrowed, a burst of anger showing through the defenses he had erected before himself. He spoke bitterly, "They needed to get away. They had to return. Another four of us were prepared to come here. We intercepted one of your satellites and learned the ways of humans. We were more lucky than them. They had no idea."

"The other nine of you…" Suji ventured cautiously, "They were all different, weren't they? In their powers."

"Fire, Water, Earth and Air." Suho said gravely, "These were four of our kind. We made up the universe and everything within it. Time and Space created the four dimensions. They were of a higher class, those two. Without them, there would be nothing. But the greatest one of all was Life. Healing. The spirit which made up all t

Please log in to read the full chapter