Chapter 3

Together?

It was 7:30 am on a Saturday morning and your alarm went off. "Ugggghhh. It's 7:30! Why did my stupid alarm have to go off??" you think. You decide to get up anyways because you can't go back to sleep again. You start to make your way downstairs but you here your parents whispering. 

"We said yes and I have no regrets now. She will be fine. Don't worry!" came your father's voice still heavy with sleep.

Then your mother's frantic voice spoke, "I know that but isn't she too young? She is only 17 and he is 24. It is too much of an age difference. Plus wh-"

"STOP WORRYING! She will be fine. She is mature and old enough!" your father yelled blazing with anger.

"Fine. But what if she isn't happy with him? What if he mistreats her because she is young and doesn't love her since it is an arranged marriage? I know we can't do anything now and that I was fully ready before but now I am having doubts," came your mother's voice dripping with concern."I am just being logical. What if she revolts as soon as she is told? What if she runs away becuase she hates us? What if she feels like we think that she is incapable? What if she rebels and does shady stuff? What if she gets depressed, self-harms, and then KILLS HERSELF BECAUE SHE IS SUICIDAL??????"

"But, what if she doesn't and realizes that it is for her own good? What if she realizes that WE CARE AND LOVE HER SO THEN SHE THINKS THAT IT IS OKAY?!?!??!!!?" your father yelled.

"This is too much" you think. You casually walk up to your parents and say "Hey. What's up?"

"__________!!!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO! JUST SAY NOOOOOO!!!!" your mother said.

"Uhh.. Dad what is mom talking about"

"Like you didn't hear," said your dad. "You are getting an arranged marriage a-"

"AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE??? BUT I AM 17! I HAVE A LIFE AND FRIENDS AND I DON'T WANT TO GET MARRIED!"

"But its for your ow-" 

"MY OWN GOOD RIGHT?" you cut off your dad.

"Please just listen____. It will be fine" your dad sighs.

"He's right. Just listen to us",  your mother adds.

You see a pained look in their eyes and decide that you will listen because you realize something that you never did before. It pains them to see you unhappy. "Ok, it's fine. Can you just explain please. I promise I will not yell, or kill myself, or self harm, or rebel." you say giggling at the last bit. 

"His name is Jang Jason Hanbyul. He is a dentist and you met his parents the other day.", explains your mother calming down.

"Oookkkaayyy... aaannnddd?" you inquire.

"We are doing this because his father's company and my company want to have a good mutual buisness since we will be starting a new one together. Plus, his father is unhappy that Hanbyul doesn't want to take over the company once he is gone." explains your father.

"You could have left the last bit out but..... ummm... do you have a picture of him?" you ask curious about your future husband's looks. 

"Yes we do. Bring me my phone please." your father says.

You do as you are told and then your father opens up his email. He searches for a little bit and you sit down with your mother. The picture he shows you was quite....interesting. You had to admit he was a cutie but the picture made him look like a little kid. http://letstalkkpop.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/led-apple-member-profile/

"That's him?!!???! He looks like a kid!" you say.

"Well what he looks like doesn't matter, alright?" says your father. "He is a nice person and I think that you will like him."

"YOU FOUND OUT AND DIDN'T RUN AWAY?? GOOD JOB LITTLE SISTER!!"

"It's 8:00 am why are you awake, Yana?"

"Because I want to be awake. Is that a problem?"

"No I'm just asking"

"______, you will be meeting him tomorrow at dinner. It will be in our house but it will still be formal. Understand?" your mother informed you.

"Yes, I understand."

Authors note~

Hello readers! Thank you so much for subscribing and I really hope you like this chapter. Love you all!

Love,

Hanbyul91