Within

Our Bonds
Please log in to read the full chapter

The doctor looked down to some papers in his hands and looked up to face the manager. "Well, unfortunately yes. We had ran a few other tests and scan on Mark to check him thoroughly and the results just came in... We discovered that Mark has a small tumor in his head..."

"Wha..what? A tumor? Mark? Are you sure? Have you checked it again?" The manager had his eyes wide in disbelievement.

"Yes, I'm sure. I had checked it twice and the result was still the same. But don't be discouraged. Fortunately for Mark, we had detected it early, the tumor is small and its location in his head currently is not too deep or anywhere that would damage his brain. This could be remove through surgery." the doctor explained.

"Tha..That's good. Its relief to hear that." The manager said almost whispering.

Dr. Kim smile slightly. His face then became serious again facing got7 manager. "But despite the tumor is small, it certainly would affect Mark's health. Headaches, blurry vision, nausea, all this common symptoms could actually become worse if its not treated quickly. As for now, we will observe him to see whether the tumor is growing or not."

"I understand. But I should tell the others and Mark himself as well and talk about this. We need to sort and discuss things regarding their schedule and promotions. They just had a comeback so it will be hard as well. Give me time." manager hyung replied.

"Yes you should do that and tell them. But l suggest we discuss regarding the surgery soon. Although Mark's condition right now is not life threatening, this could easily be reversed if we delay it too much. Im not surprise that if him being sick right now had something to do with the tumor making its first move as well. I hope you keep that in mind. I believe Mark's well being is much more important here." the doctor firmly adviced.

The manager simply nodded and quickly stand up from his seat. "I'll do what I can doctor. Thankyou doctor. We will be in touch." with that the got7 caretaker bowed and leave the office. 

...

Back in Mark's room, Mark was sleeping soundly with Jinyoung by his bedside caressing his hand and sometime his face as well. Jackson were also seated on the other side of the bed gazing at the oldest sleeping face which scrunches and at ease every now and then. The others were just making small talks.

"I wonder what the doctor and manager hyung had been discussing.." Bambam let out his thoughts out unintentionally. 

Looking at Bambam, Yugyeom just gave him a worried look. "Me too. I'm having this weird feeling that I can't shake it off."

Jb heard their small conversation and immediately stand up from his seat. Everyone's eyes went straight to their leader. Jb simply look at the maknaes and drew a small smile. "Hey,don't worry too much okay? To be honest I'm woried too but whatever happens might it be bad or good, we will get through it. Have faith in Mark, because I do. He is a strong person. No matter what, we will not let him endure it alone. He has us. We're brothers right?" 

Everyone was speechless as they heard what their leader had to say. At times like this, they realized how Jb is a good leader. They all smiled and gave a small nod agreeing to the older.

"Yeah. I'm with you. No matter what, everyone will be behind each other's back." Jackson continued. 

Jb let out a small chuckle and went on messing Bambam's hair in the process. "Ahh..hyuuunggg.." Bambam retorted and immediately repairing his messed up hair. The mood in the room were lifted a bit as everyone was being optimistic.

Their moment were then interrupted by a small voice croaked which gain their attention.

"Mark! Hey there. How are you feeling?" Jackson asked softly.

"Better" Mark replied with a hoarse voice and smiled. "C..can I have some water?" he continued.

"Sure thing. Let me get it for you. Jackson can you please help him sit up?" Jinyoung said as he got up to fetch a cup of water for Mark. Jac

Please log in to read the full chapter