Chapter 8

The New Pretender

Disclaimer: I don't own the Pretender name. It belongs to MTM, NBC and TNT. No money was involved and no infringements intended. The only character I have soul rights to are: Catherine.

 

THE NEW PRETENDER

 

Chapter Eight:

 

Back at the Wu house...

 

It took about 2 hours for Kris and his father to get back to their house. As Kris drove into the driveway they both saw the clone come rushing out to greet them. He stood there and watched as the older Kris put the car in park and got out.

 

He looked at his father, "Why don't you go inside and tell them we are here. And also say that we have a new addition to the family." His father nodded and walked up to the clone and gave him a hug. He walked up to the front door and opened it, letting himself in. The older Kris turned around and opened the backseat door and helped Hye Kyung out of the car. She looked around and noticed how everything was very beautiful. Her eyes finally settled on a young boy staring back at her. She was so scared that she hid behind the older Kris as he shut the door. He took her by the hand and walked up to his clone. Hye Kyung kept trying to pull away from him, but finally gave up after she got a glare from the older Kris. He brought her to meet his clone.

 

"Hello, Kris. This is Hye Kyung. She will be staying with us from now on." Hye Kyung looked at the clone and then at the older Kris and remembered the DSA's.

 

She couldn't believe that she is seeing the clone. The clone stuck out his hand and Hye Kyung looked at the older Kris. He said something to her in her ear. Then she stuck out her hand and shook his. He smiled but she only stared back. Then he gave his clone a hug. He took Hye Kyung by the hand and led her up the stairs. At first she was not wanting to go but she got another glare from the older Kris and decided it wasn't worth getting him mad. All three walked inside and Hye Kyung noticed right away how everything was so pretty and nice. Her eyes finally settled on Hyori and Minzy in the living room along with his father. Hyori got up and walked toward Kris and Hye Kyung. But Hye Kyung quickly hid behind Kris. Hyori at first was in shock. She didn't know if she did something wrong.

 

Kris spoke, "Don't worry mom. She has to get used to the idea of a family life. Mr. Choi has done so much to her that I'm surprised that I was able to get her this far." Then he pulled Hye Kyung from out behind him.

 

He pushed her toward his mother. She extended her hands but Hye Kyung was still too scared of this family. She quickly darted past Kris and out the back door. Kris started to move but his mother stopped him.

 

"I'll go talk to her. She'll need a mother soon or later." said Hyori. Kris nodded and walked in the living room to sit with Minzy and his dad.

 

In the backyard...

 

Hyori walked outside and looked around. Now she has to figure out where Hye Kyung ran off to. Then she heard something underneath the deck. She looked and there was Hye Kyung sitting in a fetal position. She appears to be crying. Hyori walks over by her slowly as not to spook her. Hye Kyung lifts her head and moves back a little and shaking.

 

Hyori talks really softly, "Don't be frightened. I won't hurt you. My name is Hyori. I'm Kris' mother. I'm here to help you. I understand that you have been through a lot and I'm willing to help you." She said as she started coming closer inch by inch.

 

Hye Kyung just kept watching her. Finally Hyori sat next to Hye Kyung and looked at her. She smiled. Hye Kyung smiled back. Then the smile faded when she saw Hyori's hand come to rest on her back. Hye Kyung hid her face and started shaking again. Hyori started rubbing Hye Kyung's back. The shaking finally stopped and she looked up with tears coming down her face at Hyori. Then she did something that she thought she would never do again...she moved into Hyori's arms and hugged her. Hye Kyung cried on her shoulder for about a minute or two. Hyori was there trying to calm her and telling her to let it out. Then Hye Kyung broke free from Hyori's arms and looked at her.

 

"I haven't hugged someone like you before." said Hye Kyung.

 

"What do you mean?" asked Hyori. Hye Kyung looked at her again.

 

"Well, the only other person that I got hugs from was my grandmother but she was killed by the same people who kidnapped me." Hyori had a look of sorrow on her face. Then she smiled again. She moved a strand of hair behind Hye Kyung's right ear. Then she kissed her on her forehead.

 

"Let's go inside. It is getting a little cold out here." Hye Kyung nodded.

 

She got up along with Hyori and precedded to walk up the stairs to the deck. They got inside and Hyori pulled her into the bathroom to wash her face so the tear streaks would not be that noticeable. Then both Hyori and Hye Kyung walked into the living room with Hyori's arm around Hye Kyung's arm. Hye Kyung looked at everyone.

 

Then Kris spoke, "Well, look at that, dad. It took us a few days to get her used to us. It only took a minute or two for mom to make Hye Kyung trust her. What is your secret mom?"

 

Hyori looked at Kris and said, "My secret is I'm a mother." Then Kris rolled his eyes and looked at his dad who was smiling.

 

Hyori took her over to Minzy and introduced her. Then she asked Minzy to take Hye Kyung to her room and to show her around. Minzy nodded and walked Hye Kyung out of the room. Then Hyori walked over to where Kris and his father sat.

 

Hyori spoke, "I feel so bad for that child."

 

"What do you mean, mom?" asked Kris. "Well, look at her. She is so scared of everyone around her. It's going to take a few days for her to get accustomed to us." said Hyori.

 

"Yeah, I know. Mom I need to tell you something before you start treating Hye Kyung as one of the family." Hyori looked at Kris. "Because of what Mr. Choi did to Hye Kyung...there might be times that she has an outburst of fits. Don't worry about it. It's only that she is getting used to everything. But I suggest you keep anything that you cut with out of Hye Kyung's reach." said Kris.

 

"Oh, my." said a shocked Hyori.

 

"Yeah. But apart from that. She is a great girl. Both me and dad have been trying to win her trust. So far, it's working. She of course has to get used to being around people."

 

His mom nodded. "Well, of course. Being locked up since she was 7 doesn't help much. But I will go with what you said. I will make sure." said Hyori.

 

"And whatever you do...if you have to disipline her don't hit her. She will think that she is getting punished for trying to kill Miss Kim. But it wasn't her fault. So, right now the best thing is just to talk to her. That usually helps make her understand that she can't do certain things. Just look at my clone. He is doing a lot better since the day I brought him home." said Kris.

 

"Yeah I noticed that. And I will do what you say on that subject. I usually won't tolerate fits but because it is Hye Kyung I'll let it slide until she learns to trust us also." Kris nodded at that.

 

Back at the Centre...

 

Miss Kim knocked on a door and Andy opened it. She walked down the steps to where Jun Jin was in front of the computer. She sat down and Jun Jin looked up from the computer.

 

"Kim, so nice to see you." Jun Jin said.

 

"Yeah, same here, Jun. I just saw Kris, his father and Hye Kyung." said Miss Kim. Both Andy and Jun Jin looked at her.

 

Andy spoke, "You saw them. Where?"

 

"At the cemetary as they were leaving." Miss Kim said.

 

"You didn't go after them?" Jun Jin asked.

 

"I wanted to. But something told me to let them go this time. Besides, Hye Kyung seems happy with Kris and his father." said Miss Kim.

 

She smiled and then Jun Jin spoke, "Well, it is going to be uphill and downhill for Kris and his family trying to get Hye Kyung's trust."

 

"Yeah I know. I know they will treat her with respect. Plus they have the clone with them also." said Miss Kim.

 

"I know they will, Kim. Kris doesn't have a mean bone in his body." Jun Jin was right.

 

Since Kris was brought into the Centre he has never been able to kill anything. Even with all of the sims that the Centre kept giving him...his body wanted to kill but his mind told him not to plus his heart was pure also.

 

"Andy, I want to say thanks for the roses that you gave me." she said as she looked at Andy. He was a little shocked cause she doesn't normally say thank you.

 

"Your welcome, Miss Kim." said Andy. Then she got up and started to walk away. Then she turned around and walked over by Jun Jin and Andy.

 

"Could you tell me if Hye Kyung is in fact her real name?" Both Jun Jin and Andy looked at her.

 

Back at the Wu house...

 

Minzy opened the guest room and walked inside with Hye Kyung. It was a very nice room. It had white walls and a nice twin bed with sheets the color of light blue. There was a bookshelf with different kinds of books. Inside the closet was empty but had a lot of space. There was a tv in one corner of the room. There was a lot of light in the room. The window had shades instead of curtains. There were some pictures on the walls. Pictures of rivers, streams, lakes, trees in autumn. It was a very nice plain room. But it was a lot better than sleeping in a small room with not much to do. Hye Kyung walked over to the bed and sat down to feel how soft the bed was. Minzy told her that she was going to leave her alone to get accustomed to the room and left, closing the door. Hye Kyung watched as she left. She really liked this place and the people that lived there. All of a sudden her eyes started to close so she laid down on the soft down pillow and fell asleep.

 

Kris, Hyori and Major Eric looked up to see Minzy walking down the stairs. She walked into the living room and sat down on one of the couchs.

 

Hyori spoke, "So, how is she?"

 

"Well, she seems alright. She doesn't talk much. I left her in the guest room so she can get used to it." said Minzy.

 

It was about 5pm and the family was ready to eat.

 

Hyori looked at the older Kris and said, "Kris, why don't you go upstairs and bring down Hye Kyung. She must be hungry."

 

"Sure, mom. Be back." Then he ran upstairs.

 

He knocked on the door and then opened it. He looked and saw Hye Kyung laying on the bed sound asleep. He touched her foot but she didn't flinch. He took off one shoe and put it on the floor. Then he touched the other shoe and then she started to move. He stopped and waited for her to stop moving. Then he took the other shoe off. He found a throw underneath Hye Kyung's legs. So he lifted her legs up and took the throw off. He then laid it on Hye Kyung's sleeping form. He went and turned off the light and walked out quietly. He walked downstairs to see shocked faces.

 

Hyori spoke, "I thought I told you to go upstairs and bring her down?"

 

"I did but she fell asleep on the bed." Kris said.

 

Then Hyori said, "Oh, ok. Well, I'll leave some for her incase she gets hungry later on tonight." Then they started eating.

 

After they finished eating and the dishes were washed and put away, all of them sat down in the living room. They were watching tv and talking about what they missed as a family. Then all of a sudden, a scream came from upstairs. Kris ran upstairs with his mom, dad, Minzy and the clone behind him. He got to her door and knocked. He walked in and it was dark. He the light and noticed Hye Kyung was not in the bed. They all searched the room for Hye Kyung but didn't find her.

 

Then, the clone opened the closet door and said, "I found her."

 

They all walked over to the closet and saw Hye Kyung in the back of the closet huddled in a fetal position, crying and shaking. Kris walks in and picks her up and carries her over to the bed. He sat her down and sat next to her. He tried asking her what happened but she didn't respond. She just stared off in space. Then Kris had an idea. From what the DSA's back at the Centre showed. There was a certain place on Hye Kyung that made her jump and come back down to earth. He touched underneath her right knee and she threw up her leg almost knocking him down. She looked around and saw everyone looking at her. She started to get off the bed but Kris took a hold of her arm. He wouldn't let her go this time. She kept pulling back but Kris was stronger. She kept pleading for him to let her go. But he wouldn't and then he got up and loomed over her. She looked up at him and yield to his pulling. He sat her back on the edge of the bed.

 

Then she said, "I'm sorry if I woke everyone up."

 

Hyori looked at her, "No, you didn't wake anyone. We were all watching tv when we heard you."

 

"Oh." said Hye Kyung.

 

Then Hyori asked, "What is wrong, Hye Kyung?"

 

"I thought everyone left. I've been left alone for years and I just got scared that everyone left and I'll be the only person left." Then Hyori walked over to Hye Kyung and gave her a hug. Hye Kyung returned the hug. Then Hye Kyung laid down on the bed again and everyone left. She fell asleep and didn't wake up from the nightmares.

 

Back at the Centre...

 

Andy kept looking in his computer for the name and finally settled on a name that he was surprised to see. He looked at Miss Kim who was busy talking to Jun Jin. He called her over to look at the computer. Miss Kim walked over and looked and had a shocked look on her face. Jun Jin walked over and looked at Miss Kim.

 

He said, "Kim, are you ok?"

 

"Jun Jin, take a look at this." said Miss Kim. Jun Jin looked at the monitor and noticed the name. The name was Choon Hee Moon. Andy kept staring at the name and kept saying to himself that he has seen that name once before. But he couldn't figure out where he saw it.

 

"So, have you seen Hye Kyung or Kris?" Jun Jin asked.

 

"No. I haven't. Kris hasn't called you yet?" asked Miss Kim.

 

"No he hasn't." Then she got up from the chair and walked out of the room. Andy and Jun Jin looked at each other and then back at the monitor. Andy was still pondering over what the name Choon Hee meant to him.

 

Back at the Russell house...

 

A phone was ringing somewhere in the Kris house. So, Kris picked up the cordless phone and answered it. "Kris."

 

"Kris. It is nice to talk to you. It has been a while." said Jun Jin.

 

"Jun Jin." When Kris said that his mom and dad both looked at him with shocked expressions on their faces. "Yes it has been a while. What can I do for you?"

 

"Well, I'm just calling to see how Hye Kyun is doing." said Jun Jin.

 

"Well, Jun Jin she is doing a lot better than when she was at the Centre." he said smiling.

 

"Yes. I know. She hasn't tried to kill you has she?" Kris just stood there for a minute.

 

"Well, a few times she has. But she never succeeded." Kris said.

 

"What do you mean?" asked Jun Jin.

 

"Well, a few times she either had a knife or just recently a fireplace poker...but she never used it. It was almost like she couldn't kill us even if she wanted to." he said.

 

"I see. Could I speak to her?" asked Jun Jin.

 

Kris stood there...then looked at his mom and dad and whispered to them to get Hye Kyung. So his mom went to find Hye Kyung.

 

"My mom is going to get Hye Kyung. So, just wait." Kris said.

 

"Ok." Jun Jin said smiling.

 

Hyori went upstairs and looked in each room searching for Hye Kyung. She finally found her in the clones' room with him playing LIFE.

 

Hyori walked in, "Hi, guys. How are you doing?"

 

The clone looked up at her, "Oh, we are just playing a game."

 

Then she looked at Hye Kyung, "Hye Kyung, Kris wants to talk to you downstairs in the kitchen."

 

As Hye Kyung got up she said, "Ok." Then looked back at the clone, "Don't play without me." The clone nodded.

 

So Hyori and Hye Kyung both walked downstairs to the kitchen to see what Kris wanted. As they entered Kris was speaking to Jun Jin on the phone. He looked at Hye Kyung and motioned for her to come to him. Then he gave her the phone.

 

She put the receiver up to her ear, "Hello?"

 

"Hello, Hye Kyung. This is Jun Jin." he said smiling.

 

"Oh my God. What do you want? I'm NOT going back to the Centre!" She shouted in the phone.

 

"Don't worry I'm not here to try to get you back." he said.

 

"You're not? Why?" asked Hye Kyung.

 

"Well, look at Kris. I've been searching for him but I never once tried catching him. He needs to be free." As he said that Hye Kyung looked at Kris. Then, Jun Jin said a name that made Hye Kyung skip breaths. "I read your file, Hye Kyung. Or should I say Choon Hee."

 

"No one ever calls me that. Where did you find that name?" asked a shocked Hye Kyung.

 

"Like I said Choon Hee it was in your file. Do you know anything about your real parents?" asked Jun Jin.

 

"Yea, they died in a plane crash. Why do you ask me that?" asked Hye Kyung.

 

"No. Those were your foster parents. Your real parents are alive."said Jun Jin.

 

"They are? But I thought they were in the plane crash?" asked Hye Kyung.

 

"No. Those were a foster family. Your real parents are living in Colorado." he said.

 

"Jun Jin, you are crazy. My only parents are the ones that died in the plane crash. Don't you ever say that I have other parents cause I don't!" Then Hye Kyung hung up and ran upstairs. She was followed by Kris.

 

"Hye Kyung, stop! What was that all about? Jun Jin was just talking to you!" Hye Kyung turned around and looked at him.

 

"You don't understand." Then she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where his mom and dad were still standing. She sat down in one of the chairs and Kris sat in front of her.

 

"You are not going to believe any of this. And I don't remember much. But from what I have found out...my real name is Choon Hee Moon. I was born in Denver, Colorado on April 6, 1989 and somehow I was brought here to Delaware. But, I don't remember the names of my parents." She said as she looked down at the table. Both Kris and his parents were stunned at what she was saying.

 

Then Kris spoke, "So, you lied?"

 

Hye Kyung's face shot up. "NO! I did not lie. I am so used to the name Hye Kyung that I just thought of calling myself that. Apparently, Jun Jin has found my real family. But, I don't know anything about them." Hyori came over and placed her hand on Hye Kyung's shoulder.

 

"Don't worry. I think you will do fine. Don't you want to meet your real parents?" asked Hyori. Hye Kyung just looked at her.

 

Back in the Centre...

 

"Now I remember where I have seen the name Choon Hee before." said Andy to himself. He ran out of his office and went searching for Jun Jin and Miss Kim to tell them about his latest discovery.

 

He found Jun Jin and Miss Kim in Mr. Kim's office. He barged in and Miss Kim just glared at him. "Don't you know when to knock?"

 

"Sorry. But I just had to tell the both of you this. I have found out where I've seen the name Choon Hee before." said Andy.

 

"Oh?" said Miss Kim.

 

"The name Choon Hee means spring girl. From what I can see Choon Hee was born in the Spring, and her mother wanted the perfect name for her." said Andy. Then Andy looked at Jun Jin and Jun Jin smiles.

 

"Ok. Then, start looking for this family. I want to know everything about them." said Miss Kim. Then both Andy and Jun Jin turned around and walked out of the office leaving Miss Kim sitting at the desk by herself.

 

Back at the Russell house...

 

"Yes. I do want to meet my real parents but not if the Centre keeps following me. I also would like to do this on my own with no bodyguards or anything. But I know that will never happen. I'll have to keep looking over my shoulders." said Hye Kyung.

 

"Understand, Hye Kyung that it took me 30 yrs to finally find my family. You are only 13. You don't have to worry about growing up too fast." said Kris.

 

Then, Hyori told Hye Kyung to go upstairs and play with the clone. When she left...Hye Kyung sat down with Kris and Major Eric at the kitchen table. "So, what do you think?" She said while looking at the 2 men.

 

"Well, Hye Kyung we have to let her go to her family. She can't stay here. She belongs to the family who gave birth to her." said Major Eric.

 

"I know. It's just that the clone has gotten so attached to her that I know he will be very heart broken when she has to leave." said Hyori.

 

"I know. I've helped her get out of that hole and now she will be going to her own family." Kris said.

 

No one noticed that Hye Kyung was listening in the other room. She wasn't too happy with what was being said. So, she decided to go back upstairs to the clone's room. Around 11pm, Kris, his mom and dad all went to bed. Along with Minzy, the clone and Hye Kyung. Everyone was sound asleep so no one noticed that Hye Kyung was dressed and packing everything that she has and opened a window and jumped out.

 

Back at the Centre...

 

Jun Jin was talking to Taemin when all of a sudden he started to go a little limp.

 

He looked at him and asked, "Taemin, are you alright?"

 

"Poor, Hye Kyung. Hye Kyung...sad...pain...hurt...lonely." Taemin said.

 

"Hye Kyung?" Jun Jin asked.

 

"Little Hye Kyung...lonely...pain...hurt...sad." said Taemin.

 

Finally, Jun Jin understood. Taemin was talking about Hye Kyung. Miss Kim came in just as Taemin was using his empathic abilities to feel what Hye Kyung is feeling. "So, what is your puppy dog doing right now?"

 

"Well, Kim he just explained how Hye Kyung is feeling." said Jun Jin. Miss Kim looked at him.

 

"What do you mean?" asked Miss Kim shocked.

 

"Well, apparently she feels sad, pain, hurt and lonely." Jun Jin said.

 

"I hope they didn't hurt her." Miss Kim said.

 

"I have a feeling that Hye Kyung told Kri about her real family. She might just be scared in meeting them."

 

Then Taemin said, "Hye Kyung...darkness...death...cold...lonely...angels." Both Jun Jin and Miss Kim just looked at each other then looked at Taemin trying to figure out what he was saying.

 

Jun Jin looked at Taemin and said, "Where is she?"

 

Taemin looked at Jun Jin and said, "Cemetery."

 

Then, Jun Jin looked up at Miss Kim, "She is at the O'Reilly Cemetery." They both got their coats and left the room leaving Taemin by himself alone.

 

At the cemetary...

 

Hye Kyung was standing in front of the O'Reilly Cemetery where her supposed parents were buried. She unlocked the lock on the gate and walked in. She has never been to the cemetery at night before. It was pretty scary and dark and too quiet. She heard rustling around her but it was only the wind. She finally found what she was looking for. It was the tombstones of her mom, dad and grandmother. Her foster family. As she kneels down she tries to think how could she be fooled by this. She thought they were her real parents...but they lied. Everyone lied to her. She sat like that for about 2 hours when she heard a car door slam. She got up and looked over the tombstone behind her. She was pretty good at seeing in the dark. She could make out an older gentleman and a very thin woman. Jun Jin and Miss Kim! What were they doing there? Probably come to take her away. So, she got up quietly and walked in the opposite direction that they were walking in. She hid behind a tree and watched. Both Jun Jin and Miss Kim had flash lights and were looking everywhere for her. They finally stopped at her foster family's gravesites. Then she noticed both of them split up. She watched as Jun Jin went one way and Miss Kim went the opposite way. And Hye Kyung got up and ran further back into the cemetery. She finally saw the church. She looked behind her and saw the flashlights bouncing around. So, she ran to the church. She finally reached the church and found that it was still unlocked. So, she walked inside quietly and looked for a place to hide. She thought...it won't be long till the church would be the next thing to search. She looked around desperatly but couldn't find a hiding place. Then she remembered years and years ago...back at her house...there was a secret doorway to go underneath the house. So, she searched the church and found a doorway behind the organ. So, she opened the door and slipped inside. And then she locked it from inside.

 

For about an hour Jun Jin and Miss Kim have searched but couldn't find her. So, when they met up with each other Miss Kim said, "She seemed to disappear. Let's go Jun Jin, it's getting colder and it is too hard to see. Let's wait till the morning."

 

"Ok, Kim." So, both of them left the cemetery and did not even know that Hye Kyung was hiding in the church.

 

At the Russell house...

 

The next morning, Kris, his mom, his dad, and Minzy all woke up. Minzy woke up and looked around and finding Hye Kyung not there. She ran from her bedroom to her brother and parents room. "Guys, Hye Kyung's gone!"

 

"What?" Kris said.

 

"Hye Kyung is gone! She must have slipped out last night." Everyone ran into Minzy's room and sure enough Hye Kyung was indeed gone.

 

"Well, it looks like she took everything..." Then Kris's eyes spotted something lying on Minzy's desk. "What is this?" It was a letter written to Kris. It read:

 

Dear Kris,

 

I am very happy that you have helped me leave that awful place. I'm happy where I am. I don't understand why it took this long for Jun Jin to find out who I am. I am really fond of your family especially of your clone. He is such a sweet kid. Please tell him that I love him and I will always keep him in my heart. You might think that I left cause of you. It wasn't. I left cause I need to figure things out for myself. I don't know about meeting my real family. I would rather stay with you...but if you are going to ship me off to some family that I don't know anything about then I have a good reason to run. I'm going to the one place that I'm always happy to be. It is nice and quiet. I can clear my head and think. Then maybe I'll have a decision on what I want to do.

 

Please, don't come looking for me. I'm trying to think of what I should do. I know the Centre will probably be looking for me knowing that I am by myself now. Please tell your mom and dad that I am happy that they took me in and helped me. And you should give Miss Kim a chance. She is a really nice person if you get to know her. But, I know you won't cause she is here to bring you back to the Centre.

 

Well, I should go...

 

Thank you for all of your help and kindness...

 

Your Friend,

 

Hye Kyung

 

Kris looked up at his family then Kris and his dad said at the same time, "The cemetery." Then both of them ran out of the room and down the stairs.

 

Kris looked at his mom and Minzy, "Don't worry. We'll be back. And we're going to bring Hye Kyung back too." Then they got in the car and drove off.

 

They arrived about 2 hours later and got out of the car about a block away. They walked up to the gates and noticed that it was unlocked. They looked around and walked inside. They looked at each other and then looked around.

 

His father spoke, "Damn. This is going to take all night to find her."

 

Then Kris saw the church, "No. I don't think so."

 

"What do you mean?" asked Major Eric. Then he saw where Kris' gaze was going and followed him. They ran up to the church and walked in. They looked around and tried to think of where Hye Kyung could be. One of the priest's walked out and spotted them. He walked up and talked for a while...but Kris mentioned that he was there to find a young girl who happened to come here last night. The priest said that he never saw anyone then said goodbye and walked away. Kris started walking around the pews. He walked over by the organ and looked behind it and noticed some dirt was disturbed. And then he noticed that a piece of the wall looks like it was made into a door. Kris went and found a crowbar and started prying away the door.

 

His dad walked up to him, "Kris what on earth are you doing? This is a church."

 

"I know dad. But Hye Kyung is here." said Kris. So, Major Eric started helping him pry the door away.

 

Finally, it gave and Kris looked in and saw Hye Kyung sitting there with her back to them. She didn't seem to hear them prying the door apart. Then, Kris reached in and tugged on Hye Kyung's shirt and finally pulled her out. She looked at them and noticed that they were not too happy. Then, Kris and his father along with Hye Kyung walked to the front door and opened it a crack and just as they did that Kris saw Miss Kim and Jun Jin get out of their car. So, he shut the door and ran to the back pulling Hye Kyung along. Finally they found a back door and walked outside. They walked out as Jun Jin and Miss Kim walked in the church. So, all three bolted for the car. Finally they reached it and they got in.

 

Major Eric was in the front seat and turned to Hye Kyung, "Young lady, when we get home we are going to have a long talk." He gave her a very stern look and she looked down. Then they drove off.

 

Back at the cemetery...

 

Jun Jin and Miss Kim were walking around inside the church when Miss Kim noticed the open wall. She ran over there with Jun Jin and noticed the crowbar. She looked in and saw it was pretty small. Small for someone who was young and thin.

 

She looked at Jun Jin, "She was here. But, I have a feeling that Kris got here first." Then they both looked at each other and sighed. They both got up and walked out of the church.

 

As they walked to Miss Kim's car Jun Jin spoke, "You know Kim, you are not the only one that knows about what happened to Hye Kyung." He walked to the passenger door and she walked to the driver's side.

 

She stopped and looked at him, "What do you mean by that?"

 

Jun Jin said, "Kris knows about what happened. He is as much surprised by it as you are."

 

"So, what are you trying to say to me Jun?" said Miss Kim.

 

"I know you won't agree on this...but why don't you work with Kris instead of against him to help Hye Kyung?" Jun Jin said.

 

"Jun are you crazy? Kris is the one that I'm after and I'm going to bring him in. I'm not going to start giving up and work with him. I'm going to bring him in with or without your help." Then they both got in and drove back to the Centre.

 

As they got up to the 7th floor, Jun Jin walked one way and Miss Kim walked toward her fathers' office.

 

Just then Jun Jin turned around and walked over and stepped in front of her, "I know how much this means to you to bring Kris in. But you also got to understand that Kris has been the only contact with her."

 

Then Miss Kim gave him a stern look and said, "I don't care. I've been trying to get Kris back for years and with the help of Hye Kyung I just might be able to get him." Then she walked past him and opened the office doors.

 

She was just about to shut them when she heard Jun Jin behind her, "Even if it kills her?" Then as he walked away Miss Kim turned around and tears started to fill her eyes. She never thought about what it would do to Hye Kyung if she was to capture Kris. She has grown to love Hye Kyung. She couldn't bear to hurt her even though Hye Kyung tried to kill her.

 

To be continued...

What did you think of the chapter? At least Kris has Hye Kyung now instead of the Centre. Now they have to try and keep her from getting kidnapped by the Centre.

 

Cast - If you've watched the TV show/or The New Pretender on FanFiction.net you'll know the names, if not it might be a little confusing:

Catherine (OC) - Hye Kyung Lee (FF.net character)
Miss Parker - Hyuna Kim
Sydney Greene - Jun Jin Park
Jarod Russell - Kris Wu
Mr. William Raines - Seunghyun Choi (T.O.P)
Mr. Broots - Andy Lee
Major Charles - Eric Wu (It's Eric Mun, but decided to put Wu instead)
Emily Russell - Minzy Wu (Jarod's sister)
Margaret Russell - Hyori Wu (Jarod's mother)
Angelo - Taemin 

Thanks for waiting patiently for when I start to update the story. It takes a while, because I've got to change the names from the American names to Korean. So, it takes a while, plus as I go through, I search for any mistakes and try to fix them.

As always...

                                     SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!