Chapter 10

The New Pretender

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Pretender characters. They belong to MTM, NBC and TNT. No money was involved and no infringements intended. The only character I have soul rights to are: Lee Hye Kyung (OC)

 

THE NEW PRETENDER

 

Chapter 10...

 

Inside the room of the church...

 

Major Eric stooped down and looked at the blood. He was wondering whose blood this was. He got up and looked at Miss Kim. She just looked at him with a saddened expression on her face. He walked past her and looked around the room. As he was walking he looked down and noticed bloody footprints. He noticed the footprints came from where Jarod was sitting and were walking behind the furniture. There he noticed the body of Jessica. She has been shot twice and left there in a puddle of her blood. Then he had the frightened look on his face. He new that the other puddle of blood was Kris's. He waved Miss Kim to come with him and they both walked through the next doorway. They were searching room by room but couldn't find any sign. Just then Miss Kim stopped Major Eric. He looked over at her and seeing her looking down. They noticed some small drops of blood on the floor. They looked around to see where the blood trail is going. Just then Major Eric looked in 3 rooms down from him and saw the trail. He called Miss Kim to follow him and they tracked down the trail. He couldn't believe that his son could go anymore steps being that he is losing so much blood.

 

Kris running...

 

Kris was running from room to room down corridor to corridor all the while holding his side. He stumbled and took his hand away to reveal blood on his hands. He cringed and moaned from the pain. Then he got up and started running again. As he was running he passed a bathroom. He walked inside and found a First Aid's Kit. He opened it and found some things that he can treat his wound. He was able to stop the blood from pouring out of the wound. He then looked around the corner and then left the room. Then he tried to think of where Hye Kyung was and who shot him. It happened so fast. As he was running down another corridor he stopped suddenly and was face to face with the person who shot him.

 

Major Eric and Miss Kim...

 

They decided to split up and see if they can find Kris faster that way. He told Miss Kim not to kill his son when she sees him. She was a little hesitate to agree...then she said ok. They split up and went separate ways. Major Eric is hoping that he will get to his son before Miss Kim does.

 

Kris and mystery person...

 

Kris has a frightened and shocked look on his face as he looks in the eyes of the person who just shot him in the other room with Jessica. The person has a rifle aimed right at him. He looks down and can only think that he will give up his life to save Hye Kyung...wherever she is. The person moves toward him but Kris doesn't move. He is so much pain from the gunshot wound. The person stops right in front of him opens Kris's shirt to see that indeed he was shot. Then he took the of the rifle and hit Kris across the left cheek knocking him to the floor and unconscious.

 

Miss Kim searching...

 

Miss Kim was going through each and every door that she can open. And if she can't open it she busts the door down. She checks each room for the sign of Kris but finding no sign of him. She went down a long corridor but at the end there were no more doors. So, as she was turning around to go back the way she came she heard a noise in the room next to her. She slowly opened the door and peered inside. There sitting on the floor tied and gagged was Hye Kyung. She was scared. So, Miss Kim went in and walked over to Hye Kyung. Miss Kim also noticed that her eyes were covered probably to keep Hye Kyung from seeing her kidnapper. She touched Hye Kyung's arms but she moved away from her. She was shaking and sobbing. So, Miss Kim took the blindfold off and Hye Kyung opened her eyes. She looked in Miss Kim's eyes and smiled. She then took the gag out of and turned Hye Kyung around to untie her hands and feet. Then she pulled Hye Kyung up so she can stand. Hye Kyung hugged Miss Kim.

 

Then Miss Kim broke the silence, "Are you alright, Hye Kyung?"

 

"Yea, I'm fine. I was just a little scared. I didn't know if anyone would know where I was." said Hye Kyung.

 

"Well, you're safe now." said Miss Kim smiling.

 

"I heard Kris's voice...where is he?" Hye Kyung asked. Miss Kim looked at her and didn't know what to say being that her and Major Eric still haven't found him.

 

"I don't know, Hye Kyung. I saw him but we heard some gunshots and he disappeared." Miss Kim said.

 

"It's got to be the other kidnapper. I think he has Kris. And from what he said...Kris is going to be killed by him." Hye Kyung started to sob cause she really liked Kris especially his family. Miss Kim comforted her.

 

"Why don't we go and search for him. Major Eric is also looking so maybe we might be able to find him." Then they both left the room.

 

Major Eric searching...

 

Major Eric was searching drastically for his son. He is hoping that Kris is still alive and trying to escape. He doesn't want to think what the killer could be doing to Kris right now. He found some stairs leading up to more rooms. So he went upstairs and looked around. As he was searching he noticed some bloodstains on the floor. He got nearer to the stain and then looked around to see if he could spot Kris. He couldn't and he was sad by it. Just as he was about to turn to leave he noticed a trail of blood going through one of the rooms. He slowly looked around the corner and saw someone bending over something. He noticed a rifle slung over the person's back. He moved back into the hallway and just stood there. Hoping and praying that it was not Jarod that the person was bending over. All of a sudden he heard a voice. He listened and this is what he heard:

 

(a male voice on a cell phone)

 

Kidnapper: I want to talk to Mr. Choi.

 

Then there was a pause.

 

Kidnapper: Mr. Choi...good news I've got Hye Kyung tied up and I have Kris right in front of me. He is hurt badly and unconscious right now.

 

Then paused.

 

Kidnapper: Yeah. He is alive...barely. You should come here right away to collect him. Plus I think someone else is here looking for Kris and Hye Kyung. So you better bring the sweepers too.

 

Then there was another pause.

 

Kidnapper: Well, I'll be waiting here till then. Oh and by the way...Jessica is dead. She was starting to get soft.

 

Another pause.

 

Kidnapper: But this time because of what I went through to get Kris and Hye Kyung I've upped the price.

 

Major Eric peered around into the room and saw the man with his back to him. Then he heard something dreadful that the kidnapper said.

 

Kidnapper: Mr. Choi, I'm a bounty hunter. I'm not going to just stick with one price. So, I've upped the price to $200,000 in cash. When you get here we'll make the change.

 

Another pause.

 

Kidnapper: Yes. Right.

 

Then he hung up. The kidnapper looked down at the unconscious Kris then spoke, "You and Hye Kyung will be making me some money when Mr. Choi gets here. I'll finally be able to take that vacation."

 

Then Major Eric decided to get this over with before the kidnapper did anything more to Kris. He looked around the hallway and noticed some bottles sitting across in the other room. So, he walked in the room and found some things that he could make for a diversion. So, he took about 7 beer bottles and strung them up by their necks with string. Then he took some matches out and lit the end of the string and walked back to his place. He waited for the flame to cut the string. Just then it happened and all 7 bottles shattered on the floor startling the kidnapper. He turned around with rifle in hand and walked past Major Eric and into the other room seeing the bottles on the floor. Then Major Eric made his move. He ran into the other room and jumped onto the kidnapper bringing him to the ground. They both got up and the kidnapper got his rifle aimed at Major Eric. They both stared at each other.

 

Miss Kim and Hye Kyung...

 

They were both going through each and every room searching for Kris and Major Eric. Hye Kyung started noticing some noise coming from upstairs. She didn't know if Miss Kim noticed.

 

She looked at Miss Kim and then spoke, "Miss Kim, do you hear that?" Miss Kim looked at her and stopped. Then they both heard it.

 

Miss Kim took Hye Kyung's hand and they both ran up the stairs to the other rooms. They stopped at the top of the stairs and listened. Then they heard the bottles break. They both started to walk to the noise and found the bloodstains that Major Eric found. They both were quiet when they heard some noise in the room to the right. Miss Kim peered in and noticed the kidnapper and Major Eric. The kidnapper moved so that Major Eric would have a hard time getting back to Kris.

 

She cocked her gun and walked in, "Drop your gun!" The kidnapper looked at her but still held the rifle at Major Eric. She pointed her gun at the kidnapper. "I said drop your gun and let him go!"

 

The kidnapper just smiled, "Do you really think that I'm going to give up Kris, Major Eric and Hye Kyung so easily, Miss Kim?" She stood there shocked that he would know who she is. Then she knew exactly who this person is and it scared her. "You know who I am don't you, Miss Kim?" Miss Kim nodded.

 

Then all of a sudden they heard some car doors slam and the kidnapper looked out the window to see Mr. Choi and the sweepers along with Mr. Shim getting out of the cars. He looked back at them, "Well, I guess our little fun has finally come to an end. The troops are here and are coming to pick up their packages."

 

Hye Kyung...

 

Hye Kyung moved from behind Miss Kim and walked into the opposite room. There was Kris still unconscious and bleeding while lying on the floor. She walked over to him and tried to wake him but to no avail. So, she looked around and noticed there was a secret passage in the wall. So she opened it and dragged Kris inside. She didn't know how hard it was to drag him but she tried and tried but she finally pulled him with a lot of effort. Finally she got inside the secret room and closed the door. She sat down next to Kris and waited. She pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around her knees.

 

Miss Kim, kidnapper, Major Eric...

 

As they stood there waiting for who's going to make the next move. Then they heard the front door of the church open up. They all looked at each other.

 

Then Miss Kim spoke, "I can't believe that you work for the Centre now. Both me and Jarod were trying to get you away from all of that."

 

"Well, Miss Kim, both you and Kris failed in your attempt and Mr. Choi ended up capturing me. Now I work for him." said the kidnapper.

 

"We can still get you away from the Centre so that you can lead a normal life." Miss Kim said.

 

"A normal life? How can I lead a normal life when I know that I have a half-brother who is also a Pretender and a half-sister who is a bounty hunter?" Both Miss Kim and Major Eric just looked at him.

 

Then they heard a voice downstairs call him. It was Mr. Shim. They looked at each other and then Miss Kim made the move by shooting him in the arm making him drop the rifle. Then Major Eric went toward the kidnapper and took his arm and led him into the hallway. Miss Kim stopped and looked around. She lost Hye Kyung.

 

"Oh no. Where is she?" asked Miss Kim concerned.

 

Major Eric looked at her, "What are you talking about?"

 

"Hye Kyung! I got her free and she was standing right behind me." said Miss Kim looking around.

 

Then Major Eric said, "Well, we don't have the time to go looking for her. Let's get Kris out of here along with the kidnapper." All 3 of them walked into the room that held Kris, but when they looked on the other side of the bed for Kris he was gone. "I don't understand. He was lying there unconscious. He just couldn't get up and walk away."

 

"Well, you don't have much time left for standing around here. Why don't you just let me go and you can leave." said the kidnapper. Miss Kim looked at him, "Do you really want me to hit you? We are NOT leaving you here. So shut up and come with us." Then all 3 left the room and started going down the stairs. But they didn't get far until they hear footsteps walking up the stairs.

 

Mr Shim...

 

Mr. Shim was walking up the stairs along with his sweepers toward the kidnapper, Miss Kim, and Major Eric. As he got up to the top of the stairs they split up and he looked around as well as his sweepers but they came up with nothing. No Kris. No Miss Kim. No Major Eric. and No Bounty Hunter.

 

He took out his cell phone, "Mr. Choi, no one is here. We've searched everywhere. They are nowhere to be found."

 

Mr. Choi was on the other end of the phone, "Keep searching. I know they are here. If you can't find them still...burn down the church." Mr. Shim was a little shocked that he wanted Mr. Shim to burn down the church.

 

So he said, "We'll, look but I don't know if we will find them. If not, we have everything ready to burn it down to the ground." Then they hung up. He told the sweepers to look around for them.

 

Hye Kyung and Kris...

 

Hye Kyung was still sitting in the secret room when she heard something hit the door. Then she heard another hit and then another. She was getting a little nervous cause she didn't want anyone to find them there. Especially Mr. Shim and his sweepers. She moved toward Kris and tried to keep him safe. Finally after a few minutes of nervousness it finally stopped. She sat there quiet waiting for something but nothing else came. She moved over to the door and tried to move it but it wouldn't budge. Something was blocking the way. She was getting scared now. Just then she heard a moan from behind her. Kris is starting to come to. She looked at him but then went back to the door. Then she smelled what she has feared. Gasoline. They are going to burn down the church. Tears started streaming down her cheeks cause she didn't want to die like this. She looked behind her and saw that Kris was sitting up but was having difficulty.

 

"What is happening?" asked Kris.

 

"I don't have time to explain. Mr. Shim is going to burn down the church and I can't get us out of this room. There is something blocking it." said Hye Kyung as she was pushing the door. Kris started moving with each moan and tried to push it but it wouldn't budge with his weight either. He looked at Hye Kyung and saw that she was scared. He moved and took her in his arms.

 

"Don't worry. We will be fine. We'll get out...somehow." said Kris.

 

Mr. Shim...

 

When he was satisfied there was no sign of anyone he signalled to the sweepers to burn down the church. He told them once they get the flames started to leave.

 

"Hopefully, that might get them to come out." said Mr Shim. Then he called Mr. Choi and told him that he was going to burn down the church cause there was no sign of anyone.

 

Then he walked down the stairs and out the door leaving the flames to do its work. He walked to the cars and just stood there, then got in and left. Mr. Choi rolled down his window to just see the flames as they came out the window. He just looked there with no expression. Then he told his driver to leave and they were gone.

 

Hye Kyung and Kris...

 

Kris was trying to budge through with his shoulder and Hye Kyung was trying to push with her might also.

 

Then he looked at Hye Kyung and said, "Does this secret passage go anywhere?" Hye Kyung looked behind her and noticed another doorway. She opened it and they walked out. Kris dropped to the floor.

 

Hye Kyung kneeled down by him, "Are you ok, Kris?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just losing a lot of blood." said Kris. He got up and they both walked around to see where they were. Hye Kyung looked around and noticed at first how big it was. It looked like a warehouse. So they walked around and noticed there was another doorway. So, Hye Kyung opened the door and it had stairs going down. She took a hold of Kris's hand and they both walked down the stairs. Hye Kyung was wondering the whole time if Major Eric will find them. They finally came to another door. Hye Kyung touched it to feel for fire. It felt warm she then opened it. They were back to where they were in the first place. As they walked further they were face to face with Major Eric, Miss Kim and the kidnapper. All of a sudden there was an explosion and the door next to them exploded open. Kris passed out just as the flames started shooting out toward them.

 

To be continued...

 

Author's Note:

What did you think of this chapter? Major Eric and Miss Kim finally found Kris and Hye Kyung.

What did the kidnapper mean? Does it mean that he's related to Kris and Miss Kim? Interesting.

Mr. Shim is burning the church down which means that Mr. Choi doesn't have his precious Pretenders.

 

Cast:

Catherine as Hye Kyung Lee (OC)
Mr. Lyle as Changmin Shim
Miss Parker (Kim) as Hyuna Kim
Jarod Russell as Kris Wu
Mr. William Raines as T.O.P. (Seunghyun Choi)
Major Charles as Eric Wu (Eric's real name is Mun)