Chapter 3

The New Pretender

The New Pretender

 

Chapter Three

 

Back at the Centre...

 

The next day Miss Kim was released from the hospital because she didn't want to be in there anymore. Jun Jin brought her back to the Centre. She was greeted by her brother Mr. Shim, Andy and Mr. Choi. She looked tired and not as beautiful as she was before. She was pale and thin. And she looked tired like she'd just woken up from sleep. She was happy to be back at the Centre because she didn't like hospitals very much. As, the greeting party started to break up, Mr. Choi made a statement to Miss Kim that made Jun Jin and Andy turn around.

 

"Miss Kim, you should watch yourself. You don't want anything to happen to you like it did to your mother." He said glaring at Miss Kim. Miss Kim was taller than Mr. Choi so she straightened herself a little more to make herself even taller.

 

She looked at Mr. Choi and said in a chilling voice, "Don't threaten me about my mother. I don't know who killed her but I will find out and when I do that person will have to answer to me." And then she turned and walked away with Jun Jin and Andy while Mr. Choi looked on.

 

Miss Kim came down the stairs to Andy's office and saw Jun Jin and Andy looking at the computer screen. When she came walking up to them both Jun Jin and Andy looked up and noticed that Miss Kim was looking as beautiful as she has always. Her face was back to the tan color and she didn't look tired. She stopped next to Jun Jin and just stood there.

 

Jun Jin was the first to speak, "Kim, are you ok?"

 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be? I was poisoned by someone." Miss Kim said aggravated.

 

"I understand." said Jun Jin. She looked at Jun Jin and then at Andy.

 

"Is there a way to see if there was a camera in my room the night I was poisoned?" asked Miss Kim.

 

"Let me check." Andy said. A minute later Andy found a DSA showing Miss Kim's room and it was dark. Andy was able to lighten the picture so that they could see a figure. Miss Kim wanted him to lighten it more. So, he was able to lighten it about 4 times to reveal a young girl. It was Hye Kyung. Hye Kyung was searching in the room and found the liquor bottle. She opened it, looked around and pulled a small flask from her pocket. She then unscrewed the cap and poured the liquid into the liquor bottle. Miss Kim noticed that after Hye Kyung emptied the flask, she had Andy freeze the DSA. The freezed frame was showing Hye Kyung turning around and walking out. All three noticed there was no expression on Hye Kyung's face which frightened them.

 

Miss Kim straightened and spoke, "That monster tried to kill me."

 

"She is NOT a monster." Jun Jin said.

 

"Well, whatever you want to call her, she tried to kill me." said Miss Kim..

 

"Well, there actually wasn't that much to kill you, just made you sick." Jun Jin said and wished that he hadn't.

 

"It doesn't matter how much she put in there. What does matter is that she tried to kill me." Then Miss Kim turned around and left the room. Jun Jin and Andy didn't know there was someone else in the room with them.

 

Mr. Choi's room...

 

There was a knock on the door and someone opened it. It was one of the sweepers. There at the back of the room was Mr. Choi sitting in a chair with the oxygen tank next to him. As he looked up he saw Hye Kyung walking into the room straight towards him. She stopped a foot away from him. He looked at her and she looked at him. She noticed anger in his eyes.

 

When he spoke, his voice sent chills up her spine. "Hye Kyung, you disobeyed my command."

 

"Sir, what did I do wrong?" Hye Kyung asked.

 

"I told you to put all of the poison in the liquor bottle. The amount that I gave you should have killed Miss Kim. But she is here and getting on my nerves." said an upset Mr Choi

 

"I'm sorry, sir. I won't mess up next time." she said.

 

"No, you won't mess up. Cause the next time that you mess up this is what is going to happen...Siwon." As Mr. Choi said that a Siwon walked up to Hye Kyung and slapped her across the face. She fell down from the impact and touched her face. As she pulled it away she noticed blood on her fingers. She got up and turned around to face Mr. Choi. "Remember, Hye Kyung, next time."

 

"Yes sir." said a very hurtful Hye Kyung.

 

"You may leave." said an angry Mr Choi. She turned around and the same sweeper who invited her in, opened the door as she walked out. Hye Kyung, walked briskly to her room and when she reached it, she opened the door and shut it. Then she went to sit on her bed and touched her face again and felt that it was getting hot. Tears started welling up in her eyes and she tried to keep them from flowing from her eyes. She has never been hit before like this. She couldn't stop herself and she cried. She laid down on her bed and cried herself to sleep.

 

Back in Andy's room...

 

In Andy's office, both Jun Jin and Andy heard a noise in the corner by the doorway. They stood up and walked to the corner and they watched as a site showed itself. It was Kris. He stood before Jun Jin and Andy.

 

"It is good to see you, Kris." said a surprised Jun Jin.

 

"Yeah, it's been a while since I've been here last." Kris said as he looked around.

 

"Kris, what are you doing here? You'll get caught." Andy said as he looked at Kris.

 

"Well, that's the reason why I'm here. Jun Jin." said Kris.

 

"Hye Kyung." said Jun Jin.

 

"Correct. Tell me a little about Hye Kyung." said Kris as he looked at Jun Jin, but Andy spoke.

 

"Well, Hye Kyung is 13 now. Her parents were killed in a plane crash. And her grandmother was killed. She was kidnapped and brought here. Mr. Choi has been training her to become another Pretender." said Andy quickly.

 

"Thank you, Andy." said Jun Jin.

 

"Jun Jin what is going on with Miss Kim?" Kris asked.

 

"Miss Kim was poisoned a few days ago." As he said that Kris's eyes lit up with a shocked expression.

 

"She is alright?" asked Kris.

 

"Yeah, she is fine and back to her usual self again. And we found out who the person was responsible." said Jun Jin.

 

"Who?" asked Kris.

 

"Hye Kyung." Jun Jin said.

 

"Now, why would Hye Kyung do something like that? That would be risky." Kris asked.

 

"Well, Mr. Choi probably told her to go do it. And she did." said Andy.

 

"That is true, Andy." Jun Jin said as he looked at Andy. Then he turned around and looked at Kris.

 

"How is your clone?" asked Jun Jin.

 

"He is doing fine. My family took him in like they have known him for years." Kris said.

 

"That is good." said Jun Jin.

 

"Yeah." said Kris. As they were talking they walked over to the computer and put more DSA's in. Each one showed different things that Mr. Choi had Hye Kyung do. There were a few pretends where Kris remembers them from his youth. But this time it wasn't made to help people...but to kill people.

 

"I can't believe this. He is making an innocent young girl become a killer." said Kris.

 

"Well, not just a killer but a tracker." Jun Jin said as he looked back at Kris.

 

"A tracker? Oh, you mean tracking me." Kris said, with a voice as cold as steel.

 

"Yes. They are still after you but this time I don't think you will be able to get away." As he said that, they heard a noise in the air vent above them and saw something drop on the ground. Kris went to pick it up and looked up to see Taemin looking down at him through the vent. Kris brought the DSA over to Andy and put it in the computer. It showed a room with Mr. Choi at the far end. They saw Hye Kyung walk into the room and stand before Mr. Choi. They could not believe what they were hearing.

 

computer flashback

 

"Hye Kyung, you disobeyed my command." said an angry Mr Choi.

 

"Sir, what did I do wrong?" Hye Kyung said.

 

"I told you to put all of the liquid in the liquor bottle. The amount that I gave you should have killed Miss Kim. But she is here and getting on my nerves." said an angry Mr Choi.

 

"I'm sorry, sir. I won't mess up next time." Hye Kyung said.

 

"No, you won't mess up. Cause the next time you mess up this is what is going to happen. Siwon." And then Kris, Jun Jin and Andy saw Siwon slap Hye Kyung across the face. The slap made Kris jump. They could not believe what they just witnessed.

 

"I can't believe this. I'm getting her out of here." He said as he started walking away. Jun Jin turned around.

 

"Kris,  you can't just take her. Remember she is Choi now. So, he will be keeping a watchful eye on her." said Jun Jin.

 

"Well, I guess I'll just have to block his vision." Kris said as he turned around and walked out of the room.

 

Hye Kyung's room...

 

Miss Kim was walking through one of the many hallways and as she passed a door she heard small light sobs coming from behind the door. So, she decided to see who was sobbing. As she opened the door she noticed that no light was on. She flicked a switch and looked around. To her amazement the room looked exactly like Kris's old room. She moved closer in the room and looked to her left and on the bed was Hye Kyung. She sat up and held her knees to her chest. She was making the small sobs. So, Miss Kim was about to leave when she noticed that Hye Kyung was not playing. So, she closed the door and walked over to the bed. She sat down on the edge of the bed and touched Hye Kyung's left shoulder. Hye Kyung moved slowly away from Miss Kim and still not looking at her. Miss Kim looked at her and then took her right index finger and lifted Hye Kyung's face. She was in shock at the site. There on the left cheek was a big bruise. It was a light shade of black and blue. The slap wasn't too hard. Miss Kim noticed the tears streaming down Hye Kyung's face. At that moment, Miss Kim felt sorry for the young girl. She started calming Hye Kyung down by lightly her back. The sobs died down and now all that Hye Kyung was left with were dried tear stains and red eyes.

 

Miss Kim spoke, "What happened, Hye Kyung?"

 

"I ran into a door." she lied. Mr. Choi taught Hye Kyung well, to tell lies about whatever happened to her.

 

"I don't believe that a door could do something like that to your face." She said. She tried to touch it but Hye Kyung slapped her hand away.

 

"Don't touch it. Please, go away. Leave me alone." As Hye Kyung said that, she laid down on the bed. Miss Kim figured that meant for her to leave. So, she got up and looked at Hye Kyung. Then, opened the door and left the room. Hye Kyung, watched as Miss Kim left and started to smile. Then she fell asleep.

 

In the Centre...

 

The next morning, there was word that Kris was in Delaware. So, Miss Kim took her team of sweepers and went searching for Kris. Mr. Shim was supposed to follow Miss Kim but decided to hang back and precedded to walk to Mr. Choi's room. He knocked and a sweeper opened the door. Mr. Shim walked in and went to Mr. Choi.

 

"Where is the girl?" Mr. Choi asked.

 

"She is still in her room." Mr. Shim said as he looked at Mr. Choi.

 

"Good. Let's get her out of her room and try her out. Maybe she can tell us where Kris is hiding."

 

Mr. Choi said as he got up from his chair and started pulling the oxygen tank with him. They both headed down to Hye Kyung's room where whe was still sleeping. Mr. Choi opened the door and turned the lights on. Hye Kyung jumped to her feet and waited patiently for instructions.

 

Mr. Choi looked at her and then said, "Go, to the laboratory. We are going to look for Kris."

 

"Yes, sir." said Hye Kyung.

They walked into the laboratory and she noticed some chairs were in a circle. Mr. Choi pointed to the chairs and told her to go sit in one of them. She did as she was instructed. Then, Mr. Choi handed Hye Kyung a piece of clothing which once belonged to Kris. There was a little secret that no one knew about Hye Kyung. If she touched something of someone's she could tell you how that person is feeling and where that person is at this moment. So, she sat there and carefully examined the cloth. Mr. Choi and Mr. Shim sat on the chairs in front of her. She then closed her eyes.

 

She sat there for a minute when she started speaking. "Kris, is...he is in a roomful of people."

 

"A school, maybe?" asked Mr. Shim.

 

"It has a lot of death hanging around." said Hye Kyung.

 

Everyone was quiet until Mr. Shim spoke, "A hospital. Can you see what hospital?"

 

"It is...it is...it's Dearborn Hospital." After that, Mr. Shim and Mr Choi got up to talk when Mr Choi noticed Hye Kyung slouching. She looked like she was ready to fall off the chair.

 

"What's wrong with Hye Kyung?" said Mr Choi as he looked at Mr. Shim.

They both looked at Catherine and Mr. Lyle ran to her aid as she collapsed on the floor. Hye Kyung, had her eyes closed and was getting hot. Mr. Choi looked at Mr. Shim and spoke, "Get a doctor. I don't want anything to happen to her." Mr. Shim walked out of the room and dialed his cellphone for a doctor.

 

Searching for Kris...

 

Miss Kim was busy searching for Kris that she didn't notice that Mr. Shim was not with her. When after 3 hours searching, did she finally notice he was not with her. She started to get upset and remembered what the doctor once told her when she was chasing Kris. He told her to take it easy cause the ulcer could come back and she could bleed to death. So, she decided to calm down. She turned her car around and started to drive back to the Centre. Right behind a brick building as Miss Kim passed was Kris in black clothing covering all of this body except his face. He watched as she drove past and ran into the back alley. He, went and changed into a doctor uniform. His name is DR. KRIS LEE. He brushed himself off and hailed a cab. He told the cab driver to take him to Dearborn Hospital. The cabby agreed and drove him to the hospital.

 

To be continued...

Please leave feedback.

 

So the characters in this chapter were:

Catherine - Hye Kyung Lee

Mr. Lyle - Changmin Shim

Sam (Sweeper) - Siwon

Miss Parker - Hyuna Kim

Sydney Greene - Jun Jin

Jarod - Kris

Mr. William Raines - Seunghyun Choi (T.O.P)

Broots - Andy

Angelo - Taemin

 

* Hye Kyung was the one that poisoned Miss Kim, because it was ordered by Mr. Choi.*

* Kris is going to try and bust Hye Kyung out of the Centre.*

 

Thank you for staying with the story even though I was dealing with school and work. Plus, today is Easter.

 

As always....

 

                                                             SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!