Chapter 11

The New Pretender

THE NEW PRETENDER

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Pretender characters. They belong to MTM, NBC and TNT. No money was involved and no infringements intended. The only character that I have soul right is: Hye Kyung.

Chapter 11..

 

Inside the church with fire...

 

Kris was lying on the floor passed out as the flames got higher on the ceiling. Hye Kyung was sitting next to him holding on to him so as not to let him go. She looked up at Major Eric, Miss Kim and the kidnapper. Major Eric ran next to his son and tried to wake him up.

He heard Miss Kim behind him, "Is he alright?"

Without looking at her Major Eric spoke, "Not really. He lost a lot of blood. Miss Kim my son is dying." Then he hung his head.

Miss Kim's heart skipped a beat. This is something that she didn't want to happen.

She held onto the kidnapper as she spoke, "Major Eric pick up Kris and we can get out of this place before it falls on us. We'll take Kris to a hospital." Hye Kyung looked at Miss Kim surprised at what she heard.

Then Major Eric picked Kris up and carried him out of the door. There was a car outside so they all scrambled inside the car. Miss Kim got in the drivers' side, and drove to the nearest hospital. She stopped right in front of where Hyori was still in the car and Major Eric called out to her to follow them to the nearest hospital. Hyori got in the drivers' seat and followed Miss Kim's car. Just as they got on the road an explosion was heard behind them. They looked and saw the old church burst into flames. They all sighed and looked forward. Major Eric had Kris's head on his shoulder.

 

At the hospital...

The whole party ran inside the hospital and Miss Kim asked the nurses behind the desk if there was a doctor available.

The nurse said, "Well, ma'am. Do you have an appointment?" As she looked at Miss Kim.

Then Miss Kim looked at her and said, "No. I don't have an appointment. This man is in need of some medical attention." As she said that Major Eric carried Kris out in the open.

The nurse's eyes grew wide open and she got on the intercom. She called for a Dr. Yang to come to the front desk. They waited and then Dr. Yang came over and the nurse showed him. Dr. Yang got a wheelchair and Major Eric sat Kris in it. Then the doctor took him to one of the rooms and both him and Major Eric took Kris out of the wheelchair and placed him on the bed. Dr. Yang went over to his side and opened his shirt to reveal a gun wound. He called for some nurses just as Major Eric took off Kris's shoes. He backed away to let them do their work. Then he walked out to the rest of the party. He noticed that Miss Kim had her arm around Hye Kyung. Then the nurse told them to go into the waiting room. So, they all went to wait for the news on Kris.

 

In the hospital room...

Dr. Yang was administering Kris things so that he can get him better. He got some blood and put the needle in Kris so that he can get some blood back in his system. The nurses that were helping him were also getting the clothes off Kris. Dr. Yang walked out of the room and stood by the window. He stood there thinking about the man that is in that bed. Then he walked over to the party that brought in Kris. They were all silent until the doctor came in.

Major Eric walked up to him, "Well, doctor. How is he?"

Dr. Yang spoke in a low voice, "Well, he lost quite a lot of blood. If you hadn't brought him in for the next 2 hours he would've died. I got him all settled. I'm administering blood for him." Major Eric was happy to hear that.

Then he spoke, "Can we see him?"

Dr. Yang said, "Yes, you can see him but for only a few minutes." Then he looked behind Major Eric to see a familiar face.

It was Hye Kyung. He remembered that he got her well when Mr. Shim brought her in. Then he brought all four of them to Kris's room just as Hyori ran inside. She hooked up to the party and walked inside. She started crying when she saw her son lying there. Dr. Yang closed the door to give them privacy. Then he walked over to the nurses' station and picked up the phone. He dialed a phone number and waited for a voice.

Then he spoke, "I need to talk to Mr. Shim."

 

Back at the Centre...

Mr. Shim was sitting in Mr. Kim's chair in his office talking to Mr. Choi.

He was saying, "You know, it does seem to be much quieter now that Miss Kim is not here. I wonder where she could be right now." He said as he started smiling.

Mr. Choi spoke next, "It doesn't matter. She is not here so we can deal with things now."

Just then the phone rang. His secretary was on the phone and she said there was a call from a Dr. Yang on the phone. He had her patch him to Mr. Shim.

Then Mr. Shim spoke, "Seungho, nice to hear from you. Why are you calling me?"

Dr. Yang spoke, "Well, just to let you know...that girl you had me take care of...uh Hye Kyung?"

Mr. Shim said, "Yes. What about her?"

Dr. Yang said, "Well, she's here. She is also here with a very pretty tall brunette lady, an older gentleman, and an older woman. Also, the man named Kris is here too." That sure got Mr. Shim's attention. He sat up more and looked at Mr. Choi.

Then he asked, "How is he?"

Dr. Yang spoke, "Well, he lost a large amount of blood. He will probably be here for a few days." Mr. Shim kept smiling.

Then he spoke, "Which hospital are they at?"

Dr. Yang said, "They are here at Dearborn."

Then Mr. Shim said, "Ok, Seungho. Make sure you don't let them out of your sight. I'll be right over." Then they hung up. Mr. Choi looked at him confused. Mr. Shim got up and walked over to Mr. Choi.

"Well, Mr. Choi. We will be very rich." said Mr. Shim.

"Why is that?" asked Mr. Choi.

Mr. Shim looked down at him, "Cause that was my friend Dr. Seungho Yang." Then he walked away from Mr. Choi and headed for the doors.

Mr. Choi got up, turned around and looked at him, "So, what?"

Then he walked over to Mr. Shim. "Well, Dr. Yang has Kris, his mother, Major Eric, and Hye Kyung." Mr. Choi's eyes grew wide and a big smile crossed his face.

Then Mr. Shim spoke, "I'm going over there right now to pick them up. You want to come along?" Mr. Choi walked with Mr. Shim out the doors and headed for the elevators.
 

Back at the hospital...

The Kris party walked out of the room feeling sad but also happy that Kris will be well again. They all walked back to the waiting room and sat down. Hyori sat down with Major Eric, Miss Kim sat down with Hye Kyung. Hye Kyung fell asleep on Miss Kim's shoulder. She just sat there.

Then Major Eric spoke, "Miss Kim, I'm surprised about how mature you've gotten."

She glared at Major Eric then spoke, "Oh, I've grown up a lot more. But, I have a little love for Hye Kyung. I'm here to help her and bring Kris in."

Then Hyori spoke, "Well, then why didn't you?"

There was a pause then Miss Kim spoke, "Cause I know if I was to capture Kris, I would endanger Hye Kyung's life." They both looked at Miss Kim. She looked down at Hye Kyung who was still asleep. Miss Kim spoke, "You know I've been trying to get Kris back, but something in my mind keeps telling me not to get him. And now that Hye Kyung is part of this situation there is a need now not to try to capture him."

Hye Kyung finally woke up. She rubbed her eyes and looked around. She noticed they were still at the hospital. She looked to her right and saw Miss Kim sitting next to her. She had a smile on her face. Hye Kyung got up and stretched.

Then she started to walk out of the room when Hyori called her, "Hye Kyung, where are you going?" Hye Kyung turned around and looked at her.

"I'm going to the lady's room and then I'm going to get something to drink. Do any of you want anything to drink?" asked Hye Kyung. All of them shook their heads no. Then she turned around and walked out. She walked up to the nurses station and asked them where the lady's room was and they pointed. Hye Kyung, walked over to the ladies room and stepped inside. A minute later she walked out satisfied. Just as she was about to turn the corner for food she looked and noticed two men walk up to the nurses' station. She looked real hard and noticed it was Mr. Shim and Mr. Choi. She ran quietly over to the waiting room. When she ran in the room everyone looked up. Her face was as white as a ghost.

Major Eric spoke, "Hye Kyung are you okay?"

She looked at everyone then spoke, "No. Mr. Shim and Mr. Choi are here." Everyone looked at her, then Major Eric got up and walked over to the waiting room entrance.

And sure enough, there was Mr. Choi and Mr. Shim talking to the nurses and Dr. Yang. He walked back in and started to get everyone out of the room quietly. As they got around the corner, Major Eric looked and saw both men come into the waiting area. They looked around and finding no one they walked out.

Then he was saddened with what he heard from Mr. Choi, "Dr. Yang, what room is Kris in?" Then Dr. Yang took both men and escorted them to Kris's room. Major Eric looked over his shoulder at the other party.

He said, "Okay. I want Hyori to take Hye Kyung. Miss Kim, you'll accompany me...we have to try to get Kris out of harms way until he gets better." Miss Kim nodded. Then they all went their separate ways.
 

By Jarod's room...

Dr. Yang, Mr. Choi, and Mr. Shim walked past Kris's window. All three walked inside and looked at the sight in front of them. The two men can't believe that they will finally have gotten Kris and they will get credit. Mr. Shim walked up next to Kris and looked down at him and smiled.

Then he spoke, "Well, Kris. You always said that we wouldn't be able to get you. Well, we will finally be able to bring you home with us. The Centre is where you belong." Then he looked at the doctor, "Is there some way for us to take him out of the room?"

Then the doctor looked at him and said that they can take the bed with them to the car along with the blood transfusion. Just as they were about to get Kris out of the room, a police officer walked into the room. It was a female and she was pointing her gun at the two men and the doctor.

She looked at them then spoke, "Well, I figured I'd find you guys here. I want all three of you to leave this room right now." No one budged.

Then she walked up to the doctor and shoved him against the wall, knocking him out. Then she repeated herself, "Now. I want the two of you to leave this room right now! I'm not going to say it again." Both men walked out of the room while looking at her.

She had no expression on her face. When both men were in the hallway she closed the door and stood there in front of them. She waved her gun so that they started moving. As they were moving toward the front of the hospital, Mr. Shim happened to glance at the name badge on her shirt. It said, Det. Ji Na Choi. 

Then he looked at her eyes. "Well, I want both of you to sit here and wait for the rest of the party. They will be here to you out of this hospital and away from it. They will also send you back to Delaware. Where you belong." Just as she had them sit down she walked away...the Colorado police showed up.

They looked at the two men and the Sheriff asked, "So, both of you are the ones that need to leave Colorado. Well, I want both of you to come with me."

Just as the Sheriff was escorting them, Mr Shim asked, "So, where is Det. Ji Na Choi?"

The Sheriff looked at him, "What are you talking about?"

Mr. Shim looked at him and then answered, "Well, we were escorted here by a Det. Ji Na Choi that works for the Denver police station."

The Sheriff smiled and then spoke, "We don't have anyone by the name of Det. Ji Na Choi. There never was such a person." Then Mr Shim and Mr. Choi looked at each other, and were escorted out by the Denver police department. As they were leaving the fake Det. Ji Na Choi was watching from around a corner and smiling.
 

Back inside the hospital...

Miss Kim and Major Eric walked up to Kris's room and peered through the window. They noticed no one in the room. Miss Kim opens the door and sees Kris still in his bed and Dr. Yang was on the floor unconscious.

Major Eric looked at Miss Kim, "This is weird. Someone already was here. But where is Mr. Shim and Mr. Choi?" Miss Kim looked at him and then smiled.

Then she spoke, "Well, I don't think that matters anymore. They're gone and Kris is safe until he wakes up." As they walked out of the room, Miss Kim closed the door, and they were walking to the waiting room when they heard a scream. They both ran to where they heard the scream to see Hyori on the floor. 

Major Eric ran over to her side, "What happened?"

She spoke, "I don't know. This woman just came out of nowhere and grabbed Hye Kyung. She knocked me down and pushed the kidnapper against the wall." They both looked behind them to see the kidnapper just coming back from unconsciousness.

He rubbed the back of his head and then Major Eric got Hyori on her feet. Miss Kim then spoke, "Well, the woman could be working for the Centre."

Then Hyori spoke, "No I don't think so. If she was working for the Centre, she would've killed me and the kidnapper." Which Hyori had a point there. Which the woman didn't even think of killing them.

Then Major Eric asked, "Did you get a good description of her?"

"Well, she was about 5' 7". She had long brown hair. She was average weight. I couldn't tell what her eyes looked like. But she had a kind of dark complection." Then they all decided to start looking for Hye Kyung again.

Major Eric was thinking this is like a cat and mouse game. They searched and searched and couldn't find Hye Kyung or the woman anywhere. After two hours of looking and finding nothing they met up at the nurses' station.

As they were standing there, one of the nurses' busted in, "I'm sorry to interupt. But, are you Major Eric?" She looked at him and he nodded.

She spoke, "A young girl told me to give this to you." Then she handed him a note and walked away.

Major Eric looked on the envelope and saw the name Major Eric written on it. He looked at Miss Kim and then opened it. His eyebrows went up, and Miss Kim walked to his side to see a note with numbers on it. They both looked at each other confused. Then he remembered what his son said after talking to his clone about this. This is what he saw:

919628 1514198112420,

12 252 19161922262222426 181982414252024

2224325 252 2624198162822 15249242519813.

1684221 942020 2319810248.

Both him and Miss Kim were trying to figure out what these numbers mean. Then Major Eric looked and thought it had something to do with the alphabet. So, he tried to put the alphabet together using the numbers but nothing worked out.

Then Miss Kim mentioned, "Maybe she mixed them up." Then he looked at Miss Kim.

He thought she does have a point. So, he tried to think on how she would do this.

As they were thinking, one of the nurses walked over to them, "He is awake."

They looked at each other and then walked into Kris's room. They saw him sitting up a little. He sleeplessly smiled at them. Then Major Eric walked up to him.

And Miss Kim asked him, "Can you decipher this note?" Kris looked at her and so did Major Eric. Kris, took the note from his dad's hands and looked at it for a minute.

Then he said after three minutes, "whoever did this...mixed up the numbers and the letters." Then he said, "well, it looks like the numbers 252 appear twice." So, he tried to figure it out and came up with "to". He started to figure them out piece by piece until Kris figured out the note. This is what it said:

Major Eric,

Go to abandoned warehouse

next to Dearborn cemetery.

Bring Miss Kim.

Then he fell back to sleep. Then Major Eric told Margaret to wait in Kris's room for them. Then they ran out of the hospital to their car. Then drove off for the abandoned warehouse.
 

In the abandoned warehouse...

Hye Kyung was sleeping on a sofa when she woke up and looked around. She saw a desk, chairs, a window and pictures. She sat up and looked around. She couldn't figure out where she was. Just then she got off the sofa and walked over to the door. It was unlocked. She opened it and noticed that she was in an abandoned warehouse. There was sooo much space, she was surprised at how much. She didn't get too far out of the door when she heard a voice to the right of her and she jumped at the voice. She looked and there stood a woman. She had shoulder-length brown hair. She was about 5' 7" and not thin...yet not heavy. Hye Kyung also noticed that her eyes were different colors. One eye was blue and the other was grey. The woman smiled at Hye Kyung. But Hye Kyung did not.

"What am I doing here?" asked Hye Kyung.

"I'm here to protect you." said the woman.

"Protect me? From whom?" Hye Kyung asked confused.

"From the people at the hospital. They are there to take you away." The woman said.

"Those people at the hospital helped me. They will not endanger my life." Hye Kyung said. Hye Kyung didn't like what was going on. She was a little scared. Then she asked, "Who are you?"

The woman looked at her but didn't answer her. Then she spoke, "You need to stay in here. I don't want you to go wandering around." Then she made Hye Kyung walk back inside the room and locked it. Hye Kyung just watched as the woman walked away. Then she sat down. She hoped that Major Eric and Miss Kim will be able to find her.
 

Outside the warehouse...

Miss Kim and Major Eric stopped out front of the warehouse. It was completely abandoned. There was no one in sight. It was a little too quiet. So, Miss Kim took her gun out and cocked it. Then Major Eric opened the door and they both walked in. They looked around to see if anyone was there. Just then they heard pounding and Major Eric looked up to see Hye Kyung standing at a window. They both walked over there and noticed there was a lock on it. Miss Kim shot the lock with her gun and Hye Kyung walked out.

Miss Kim asked, "Are you alright, Hye Kyung?" Hye Kyung nodded. Then Miss Kim said, "Okay, now for the person who took you. We need to deal with her."

Hye Kyung looked at her then spoke, "Don't hurt her. She didn't hurt me. She was only protecting me." Miss Kim and Major Eric looked at her.

Major Eric spoke, "Protecting you? From whom?"

Then they heard a voice behind them, "From you." They both turned around and were face to face with the woman. "I was trying to protect her from you and the others. I know who you are." They both looked at each other and then at the woman. "Put your gun on the floor, Miss Kim."

Then Miss Kim asked, "Tell us who you are?"

"Who I am is not important. What is important is Hye Kyung...and the man at the hospital." said the woman. That got Major Eric attention.

Then he spoke, "Lady, the man in the hospital is my son, Kris. I've been trying to protect him from the Centre." The woman looked at him and then at Miss Kim.

"So, what is your story?" asked the woman.

Miss Kim looked at her, "Well, I was supposed to bring Kris back, but Hye Kyung kinda changed my mind and now I'm trying to get Kris better."

"Well, you work for the Centre...therefore you are the enemy. And the enemy must be destroyed." Then the woman pulled her gun out and pointed it at Miss Kim. 

Hye Kyung walked in front of her, "Please, don't kill her. She means a lot to me." The woman looked at Hye Kyung and then at Miss Kim. 

"But you are a Pretender. Don't you want to grow up as a normal kid?" asked the woman. Both Miss Kim and Major Eric had shocked expressions on their faces. They were surprised she knew what a Pretender was.

Then, Miss Kim asked, "Do you know what she is?"

The woman looked at Miss Kim, "Yes. I do. Cause I'm also a Pretender." Both Major Eric's and Miss Kim's eyes grew wide. They couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Miss Kim spoke, "How is it that I haven't heard of you before?"

"I don't know. Probably because your idiot brother tried catching me but I've gotten so many identites that he just stopped chasing me. Now, I'm going around and trying to get those children who were changed into Pretenders." said the woman.
 

Back at the hospital...

Dr. Yang was finally waking up from the fight he had with the Detective, but he was tied up. He looked up and saw Hyori standing by Kris. Hyori helped Kris into a wheelchair. From what the nurses said, he is able to go home being he has enough blood but he should not do any strenuous activities. So Hyori got behind Kris and wheeled him out of the room. He was happy to leave. Hyori remembered that Major Eric has his cell phone. She dialed her husband and waited for about five rings and then she got his voice mail. She said, "Kris is better and leaving now, but we have to wait til you and Miss Kim come back. We will be waiting at the motel that is next door to the hospital." Then she hung up. She wheeled Kris She got into their car and drove to the motel and checked in under her maiden name: Lee. Then they went into the room and stayed there.
 

Back at the warehouse...

The woman, Hye Kyung, Major Eric, and Miss Kim are still standing and facing each other. Then Miss Kim asked, "So, who are you?"

The woman looked at them both and then said, "My name is Ye Jin."

Then Major Eric looked at Ye Jin then spoke, "So, why did you go to the hospital?" Ye Jin looked at them both and then at Hye Kyung.

"Well, I knew that Mr. Choi had a new Pretender named Hye Kyung and that everyone was searching for the Kris Pretender. So, I decided to check it out and found them both at the hospital." Then there was silence.

Hye Kyung spoke next, "But, how is it that the Centre is not chasing you anymore?" Major Eric and Miss Kim both looked at her.

Then she spoke, "I don't know. They were chasing me at one point and then it was like they gave up. But I'm not to sure on that." As all four started getting settled with each other, Major Eric looked at his phone and noticed a voice mail. He walked away and listened to the voice mail. It was Hyori telling him about the motel. 

Then he walked back, looked at Miss Kim and spoke, "Well, I just got a call from Hyori. Kris just left the hospital. They are in a motel for right now until I come back for them." Miss Kim smiled and she was relieved to hear that. So, was Hye Kyung. Then they decided to leave for the motel.
 

Back at the motel...

Hyori sat on the bed with Kris. She was putting a new bandage on his wound and giving him some water to drink.

Kris looked at her and then spoke, "Mom, where is dad and Hye Kyung?"

She looked at her son and then spoke, "Well, your father went looking for Hye Kyung. Some woman took Hye Kyung away from Miss Kim." He was saddened to hear that.

Just then they heard a knock on the door. Hyori was a little hesitant to open it. She opened it and saw Major Eric, Hye Kyung, Miss Kim and Ye Jin. They all walked in and she hugged her husband.

Then she looked at Hye Kyung and spoke, "Are you alright, Hye Kyung?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Ye Jin didn't want to hurt me. She just thought all of you were going to hurt me." said Hye Kyung. Hyori looked at her then at Ye Jin. 

"So, you are Ye Jin." asked Hyori. Then she shook hands with Hyori. Major Eric, Hyori, and Hye Kyung went and sat down to talk. Ye Jin walked over to Kris and sat next to him. He had his eyes closed. She then touched his temple and he opened his eyes. He smiled and then Ye Jin smiled.

And then he spoke, "I've been wondering when I would be seeing you again." She looked at him.
 

Back at the Centre...

Mr. Shim walked into Mr. Kim's office and walked to the desk. Then Mr. Choi walked in along with his oxygen tank. "I can't believe that happened to us. That woman is good, very good." Mr. Shim said who wasn't too happy.

"Well, of course she is good. She is a Pretender." Mr. Shim turned away from the window that he was looking out and looked at Mr. Choi. 

"What do you mean, Pretender?" asked Mr. Shim. 

"She was a Pretender here but she escaped and no one's been able to track her." said Mr. Choi. 

"Who is she?" asked Mr. Shim. 

"Her name is Ye Jin. We took her from her family when she was only three yrs old." said Mr. Choi. 

"Why haven't I ever heard about her?" Mr. Shim asked concerned.

"While you were dealing with Kris, I was dealing with Ye Jin also. She escaped when she was 20 and now I want her back just as much as I want Kris and Hye Kyung." Mr. Choi said while looking at Mr. Shim. 

Just then an older gentleman walked into the office, "What are you doing in here?" Both Mr. Shim and Mr. Choi looked at who spoke and were surprised. It was Mr. Kim. And next to him was a young boy who was looking at the two men.

"Mr. Kim, I didn't know when you were coming back." Mr. Choi said. Then Mr. Kim walked toward the men along with the boy.

The two men looked at the boy and Mr. Shim spoke, "Who is the boy?" Mr. Kim looked down at the boy who looked up at the older man and then Mr. Kim looked back at the men.

"He is...my son. I call him Henry." Both men raised their eyebrows and were astonished that this was Mr. Kim's son. He looked at Mr. Choi and pushed his son toward Mr. Choi. "Henry, I want you to meet Mr. Choi and Mr. Shim. Mr. Choi will be training you."

Then he stopped. "Where is Ye Jin?" Both men looked at each other then looked back to Mr. Kim.

Mr. Shim spoke, "Well...um" clears throat. "She's escaped." Mr. Kim wasn't looking too happy.

"What is going on here. Kris escaped and now Ye Jin?" Then he looked at Mr. Choi, "I thought you said that you could take care of everything while I was gone. Has anyone captured Kris yet?" Then he looked around, "Where is my daughter?"

Mr. Shim spoke again, "Well, we are still on the lookout for Kris, and Miss Kim apparently is not with the Centre anymore."

"What do you mean, she is not with the Centre anymore?" said a mad Mr. Kim.

"She is helping an injured Kris." Mr. Choi said.
 

Back at the motel...

Hye Kyung, Major Eric, Hyori, and Miss Kim were sitting on some chairs in the living room talking and Ye Jin was still with Kris. Ye Jin was sitting on the bed and his hair on his head and talking to him. "I know it has been a long time since we both saw each other."

She looked down at Kris and smiled but tears started to show in her eyes. He smiled up at her. Then he sat up and he reached for her hand which on the bed next to his right leg. He touched her hand and she pulled it away very fast. She turned her head away from him. He just looked at her. Then, he noticed everyone was watching. The other four got up and walked into the room where Kris and Ye Jin were sitting. 

Then Major Eric spoke, "Is everything okay, Kris?"

Before Kris could speak Ye Jin turned her head around and said, "Everything is fine." And then smiled.

Then Major Eric said, "Well, that didn't look like everything was fine." He said as he looked at her. She looked at everyone and then at Kris. She hung her head. Kris looked at his dad, mom, Hye Kyung, and Miss Kim. 

Then spoke, "Ye Jin is a Pretender. She was taken from her family by the same people who took me. They did the same sims on her as they did with me. Except the sims were more brutal and deadly." They looked at Ye Jin who turned her head away from them.

"So, basically she is like Hye Kyung?" asked Major Eric.

"More, dangerous." Kris said.

Then Ye Jin turned her head. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she spoke, "I know...Kris...when he came...to the Centre to look...for Hye Kyung. He tried to get me out...but, i didn't want to go. When, I turned...20...I somehow escaped the Centre. I've been on my own...and trying to find the other Pretenders."

"Have you found any?" asked Miss Kim. 

Ye Jin shook her head no, "No...I haven't found one." Then, she turned her head to Hye Kyung, "Until now." Hye Kyung looked at her.

Major Eric spoke next, "But, how did you know about Hye Kyung?"

"When I was in the Centre I remembered a young girl being trained as every other Pretender. Except they brutally beat her if she didn't do what they said. I felt sorry for her...and wanted to help her."

"Then what happened?" asked Major Eric.

Hye Kyung spoke before Ye Jin could open , "When Kris came to get me out I remember hearing Mr. Shim and Mr. Choi talk about a female Pretender that could possibly kill all the Pretenders. I never wanted to let Kris and everyone know about it."

"When I saw Hye Kyung and Kris at the hospital, I knew who they were. I thought all of you were trying to bring them back to the Centre." said Ye Jin. 

Then Kris spoke, "That is why you are dressed as a police officer. You saw Mr. Shim and Mr. Choi."

"Yes. I saw Mr. Shim and Mr. Choi as they came into the hospital. When they entered Kris's room I knew they were going to take him away. So, I acted fast." Ye Jin took a breath then spoke, "I am sorry for taking Hye Kyung. But, I didn't know who you were...except for Miss Kim. I knew her...from the Centre." They all looked at her and then Hye Kyung got up and walked over to Ye Jin. She turned her head and looked at Hye Kyung. She smiled...then Ye Jin smiled. Hye Kyung hugged Ye Jin. 

Then, Miss Kim's phone rang.

She picked it up and said, "What?" Kris smiled. This is what she heard on her phone.

"Miss Kim, we have a problem." said Andy.

"What is it, Andy? I'm busy!" Miss Kim said.

"Well, um, your father is in the Centre." said Andy. Miss Kim's jaw dropped. 

Then she spoke, "What do you mean, he came back to the Centre?" Everyone looked at Miss Kim. 

"He came back...and brought a little something with him." said Andy. 

"A little something? Like what?" said a very impatient Miss Kim. 

"Your...um...brother." said Andy. 

"He brought Mr. Shim? Mr. Shim already works for the Centre." said Miss Kim. 

"Your...other brother." Andy said. Miss Kim was silent for a minute and then realized what Andy just said.

"Oh my God. The baby." said a very quiet Miss Kim. She looked at everyone and then spoke to Andy, "I'll have to call you back. I've got to think about this." Then hung up. She got up and turned to look outside in the darkness.

Major Eric spoke to her, "Miss Kim, something wrong?"

Without moving she said, "Yes. My father just returned to the Centre."

"I thought you wanted your father back to the Centre." said Kris. 

Then she turned around and faced them, "He returned with a boy. A...young boy. My brother." They all looked at her.

Then Kris spoke up, "This is the same child that came out of Kahi?" Miss Kim nodded her head yes.

"And they will be making him...a Pretender." she said.

 

To be continued...

 

Author's Note:

What did you think of this chapter? A new Pretender named Ye Jin emerged and is trying to save Hye Kyung and Kris. Interesting. 

Oh, great. Mr. Kim is back. Not the best of news. I hope Kris and company will be able to save Henry from a life of Pretending.

Sorry, if it sounds boring. I'm just going off of what I wrote from my original story. Eventually, I'll come back and clean up the chapters.

 

Cast:

Catherine is Hye Kyung Lee
Jarod Russell is Kris Wu
Major Charles is Eric Wu (real last name is Mun)
Miss Parker is Hyuna Kim
Margaret Russell is Hyori Lee 
Dr. Rich Young is Seungho Yang
Mr. Lyle is Changmin Shim
Mr. Raines is T.O.P (Seunghyun Choi)
Alexia is Ye Jin Lee (aka Ailee)
Anthony Parker is Henry
Broots is Andy Lee
Brigitte is Kahi (Brigitte is deceased)
Mr. Parker is Jinyoung Park (aka JYP)

 

If you liked this story please:

 

                                      SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!