Chapter 5

The New Pretender

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Pretender characters. They belong to MTM, NBC and TNT. No money was involved and no infringements intended.

 

THE NEW PRETENDER

 

Chapter 5

 

Kris still driving...

 

After a few miles, Kris looked in his rear-view mirror and seeing no one behind him, he let up on the gas. They drove like that for the next four hours until they came upon an abandoned cabin. Eric stepped out of the truck once it stopped in front of the cabin. He withdrew his gun and walked inside. Then Kris noticed him walking around the rear of the cabin. Finally, Eric walked up to the truck and told Kris that the place is empty. So, Kris carried Hye Kyung out cause she was so exhausted she fell asleep. Kris carried her inside and laid her on the bed. Then both Kris and his father walked out of the cabin to discuss what their plan is.

 

Back at the Centre...

 

The elevator doors opened inside the Centre. In walked Miss Kim. Her heeled shoes were wet and muddy from the car chase with Kris. As she walked through the hallway she was stopped by Mr. Shim.

 

Mr Shim was shocked at the sight of her. "What happened to you?" Miss Kim looked at hm with an angry look.

 

"What does it look like?" said a ticked Miss Kim.

 

"It looks like you were running around in the mud." said Mr Shim with a smirk.

 

Miss Kim said, "Don't be an idiot. You know what happened." She said as she looked at Changmin.

 

"So, I take it you didn't catch Kris, his father or Hye Kyung?" asked Mr Shim.

 

Miss Kim looks around then looks back at Changmin, "Does it look like their standing here?"

 

As Miss Kim started walking away when Changmin shouted back at her, "So, how did he get away from you?" She turned around and walked back over to Changmin.

 

Miss Kim glared at him and said, "I see why you can never catch Kris. You ask stupid questions." He just looks at her. "So, save your breath. And don't ever ask me a question like that again. Or you will be losing more..." Miss Kim said as she looked down at his missing thumb. "Than just your thumb."

She said as she glanced at him then turned and walked away. Changmin watched as Miss Kim walked away, then he looked down at his missing thumb and started to rub it a little. He was a little nervous about crossing Miss Kim. He has seen what she can do if she is pissed off.

 

Back at the cabin...

 

Both Kris and his father walked back into the cabin and started to clean up the place, being they will be there for a few days. Eric looked outside and noticed some dark clouds coming towards them. Those are the clouds that will produce high winds and a lot of rain. So, he went out and closed the windows to the truck and brought in some firewood. He also brought in some supplies from a nearby shed. When they finally finished the thunder and lightening and the rain started coming down. When they got into the cabin they looked around and also noticed that they don't have any electricity here. Everything is powered by kerosene lights, gas stoves. So, Eric threw in three logs and lit a match. They both watched the big flames coming from the firewood. They sat on the couch in front of the fireplace feeling the warmth. As they were talking, Eric turned toward Kris and stopped. Kris looked at what his father was staring at.

 

Back at the Centre...

 

Miss Kim entered Andy's office again. She walked down the steps and noticed that Jun Jin and Andy were looking at Andy's computer. They both looked up when she entered.

 

Miss Kim spoke first, "Ok. Anything new Andy?"

 

"Well..." Andy said as he looked back at his computer.

 

"Well, what?" Miss Kim asked.

 

"Well, there is something that you would be very interested in." said Andy.

 

"Spit it out." She said as she sat down.

 

"Well, I was searching in all the files about Hye Kyung and Mr. Choi and came up with nothing. Until, I found a page from a journal kept by you know who." said Andy.

 

"Choi." She didn't even have to think about it.

 

"Exactly." said Andy. And then everyone was quiet.

 

"Ok, Andy. Tell me what you found. I don't have all day." said an impatient Miss Kim.

 

"Ok." He said as he looked down at the xerox'd paper. Instead of reading it to her he gave to Miss Kim for her to read. She read some of the lines:

 

June 19, 2002

 

Today, I was very upset with Hye Kyung. She failed to kill Miss Kim. I have told her over and over again about what could happen if she should fail. So, she now has a bruise on her face for her to remember. I gave her specific instructions and she did not follow them out. I wonder if she is starting to get a kind heart. It is probably from Miss Kim.

 

I am getting very impatient with Hye Kyung. I think that if she will NOT do as I ask I will have to get rid of her. I have some ideas as how to do this. I do still have some bottles of poison that I had a science teacher that I know make for me. I will put it in her food and drink and she will die. If I can't make her understand no one will.

 

Then Andy handed her some other papers. She looked at them then at Andy. "Are these other pages from his journal?"

 

"Yes. They are. I just found them. You might find information in them." He said, as she looked back down at the next date.

 

June 20, 2002

 

I finally did what I said yesterday. I placed the poison in her food and in her drink. She collapsed after she told me and Changmin where Kris is right now. Changmin didn't even know what I did. I'm very clever. Miss Kim doesn't even know how I did it. And I don't plan on telling her, cause I noticed that she is getting attached to Hye Kyung.

 

Changmin is such an idiot. He called his doctor friend and was told that Hye Kyung needed to go to the hospital in order for her to survive. I would not agree to it. But, Changmin has somewhat of a heart. So, I agreed to let the doctor take Hye Kyung to Dearborn Hospital. I hope that I can trust Changmin with this doctor. I just hope that Jarod doesn't find Hye Kyung. If he does, everyone here at The Centre could be in trouble.

 

But, I have this clever mind that I know Hye Kyung will do her job if she is taken by Kris or his father. I know she will either kill him or contact The Centre so that we can get them. And eventually once I get Hye Kyung back I will let her loose to look for Kris's mother, sister and the clone. She will kill the mother, and sister and bring the clone back to me safely and unharmed.

 

Miss Kim was surprised with what she read. But she was astonished when she read the last line.

 

Miss Kim will probably end up like her mother if she keeps annoying everyone. I know what happened to her. But I still to this day tell Miss Kim that her mother killed herself. She doesn't know that...

 

Miss Kim was surprised but also upset. She looked up at Andy. "Where is the rest of the entry?"

 

"Mr. Choi never finished the rest. I don't know what the rest he was going to say."said Andy.

 

"I can't believe that Mr. Choi would kill his prodigy." Miss Kim said as she looked at Jun Jin. "All she did was make a mistake. That gives him no reason to beat her let alone kill her."

 

Jun Jin said. "The thing is, Mr. Choi wants a Pretender that won't mess up. If a Pretender messes up then they become known as frauds if they are discovered."

 

She went to sit down when she turned around and spoke to Jun Jin. "Has Mr. Choi ever done this before?"

 

"You mean kill his prodigies?" Jun Jin asked.

 

"Yes." said Miss Kim.

 

Jun Jin looked at Andy then at her. "Yes, he has. He has killed quite a few Pretenders because they messed up."

 

"Oh my God. He is killing these poor innocent children just to satisfy him. That selfish bastard." Then she got up from the chair and stormed out of the room. Both Jun Jin and Andy looked at her as she walked away then turned to look at each other.

 

Back at the cabin...

 

Kris and his father were looking at Hye Kyung who has awakened and was holding an axe. She looked at Kris and his father and they were both nervous cause they don't know how dangerous she is.

 

She spoke, "Who are you and why am I here?" She looked at both of them.

 

Eric spoke next, "My name is Eric and this is my son Kris. And as far as your question to why you are here is that we are trying to get you away from a very dangerous place." He said as he was getting off the couch. Her eyes trailed his every move.

 

"You are talking about the Centre. There is nothing dangerous about that place." She said.

 

Kris spoke next, "Nothing dangerous? Are you kidding? That place is very dangerous. I should know. I was there." He said as he got off the couch too. He was walking over to his father as she was watching them.

 

"You are Kris." She said smiling.

 

"Yes, I am." said Kris.

 

"You are the one I'm trying to bring back with me." Said Hye Kyung still holding the axe.

 

Kris looked at her then said, "I'm sorry, Hye Kyung. I'm not going back and neither are you."

 

Her eyes narrowed at him as he said that. As they were watching her they noticed how the light from the fire made her red hair stand out. They also noticed how pretty her face was aside from the bruise on her right cheek. She was not too tall. Kris was sizing her up to be about 5'2". They noticed how she was holding the axe and they didn't want to get on her bad side. As they started to move toward her she moved backwards eventually backing against a wall. She held up the axe and was ready to use it if Kris or his father made a move. She was watching them but didn't notice Kris throwing something into the fireplace. All of a sudden she heard the sound of gunshots coming from the fireplace. She looked to see what made the noise in the fireplace. Her defense went down and she looked toward the fireplace which gave Kris and his father time to run at her and push her up against the wall. Kris fought with her to get the axe out of her hands. She tried to put up a fight but Kris and his father were stronger. She saw his father reach for something and then hold it above his head. They both noticed Hye Kyung as she ran into a corner and cowered down like a frightened animal. They both looked at each other and then at Hye Kyung.

 

The rain finally stopped as Hye Kyung came out of her corner and started to walk toward the fireplace. As she reached the fireplace she noticed Eric on one sofa and Kris on the other one both sleeping soundly. She knelt down at the fireplace and proceeded to place another log into the fire. She then looked at the direction of Kris and his father noticed that Kris and his father were sitting up looking at her. She stood up and started to walk to the other side of the room and was stopped by Kris standing in front of her. He looked at her face and noticed how frightened and scared she was. He outstretched his hand and she backed away. As Kris was coming towards her she was backing away until she backed into a body. She looked up and saw that it was Eric and she tried to move but he tied her hands together with rope. Kris walked over to her and touched her face with his index finger. And then something that Kris was surprised at...she bit him really hard on the index finger, actually drawing blood. She heard him cuss under his breath and she was forced to sit on the floor by his father. She sat down with her back up against the wall and her hands tied behind her back. She kept wondering what they will do to her. She tried to not show emotion. She looked up when Kris walked over to her.

 

He spoke in a low soothing voice to her, "Hye Kyung. We are not here to hurt you. We are here to help you." She just looked at him with frightened eyes.

 

He wanted to see if she will bite him again. So, he extended his other hand and touched her left cheek and noticed she didn't bite him or pull back. She looked down and was shivering not by cold but by frightened nerves. He got up and walked over to the stove. His father made some coffee. So, he made some tea and walked over to Hye Kyung. He kneeled down in front of her and reached behind her and started to undo the rope. She was unaware of what he was doing. She was starting to struggle until she felt the ropes fall from her wrists. She brought her hands in front of her and massaged her wrists. She looked on the left side of her and there was a cup of hot tea. She looked at the tea and then at Kris and his father. She reached out to it and drank some of it. It sure was hot. Finally, she got up and started to walk toward the stove. Kris got up and she stopped and started to walk to the back of the cabin.

 

He started talking to Hye Kyung, "You know, Hye Kyung. You will have to talk to us and tell us what has happened to you." He said as she turned to look at him. "We can't help you until we know everything. So, we will be here until you are ready to talk." He said as she turned around and walked back to the bed and laid down on it. He and his father looked at each other. Then Kris's phone started ringing...breaking the silence.

 

Back at the Centre...

 

Miss Kim was walking around the hallways of the Centre when she passed by a specific room. It was Hye Kyung's. She opened the door and walked inside. She noticed that nothing has been touched almost like she will be coming home any minute now. She looked around the room. There was not much. Hye Kyung didn't have the things a normal kid would have. She had no pictures. No tv. No music. No nothing. Except for a bed and some books. She also noticed a pad of paper and some pens and pencils. As she was looking around the room her eyes happened to glance on the pad of paper. She held up the pad and saw there was writing. She looked at it and was surprised. It read, I forgive Miss Kim. She couldn't understand what that meant. So she decided to bring the pad of paper with her to Andy. Maybe he can figure it out.

 

Miss Kim reached Andy's office and opened the door. She saw Jun Jin and Andy sitting there looking at the computer again. She came in and sat down. She looked exhausted when they saw her.

 

She looked at Andy, "I have something I need you to look at."

 

"Sure. But first, I accessed some files and found out that there have been about 150 children killed inside the Centre." Said Andy.

 

"What do you mean?" asked Miss Kim who was surprised.

 

"From the time you and Kris were kids to now there have been 150 children killed here because of failure." He said as he looked at Miss Kim.

 

"Boy. Mr. Choi is not human. He is THE monster." She said as she looked down at her hands.

 

Andy broke her thoughts, "Did you want me to look at something?"

 

"Yes, I did." She said as she threw the pad to him. He opened it up to reveal the words, I forgive Miss Kim. Andy and Jun Jin both looked at her.

 

Jun Jin spoke, "What does this mean, Kim?"

 

"Well, how would I know? I brought it to Andy hoping that maybe he can figure it out." Said Miss Kim.

 

Just as Jun Jin was about to speak, a man took the pad of paper out of Andy's hands. "Hey!" Miss Kim yelled at him.

 

"Wait." Jun Jin said and then looked at the young man. It was Taemin. Taemin was touching the paper and thinking.

 

Then he spoke, "Kyung, sad." Then, Taemin looks at Miss Kim. "She forgives you, Miss Kim."

 

"I noticed that. But what does it mean?" asked Miss Kim.

 

But Taemin was mumbling and she couldn't stand it. So she started to leave when she heard behind her, "She forgives you for killing her parents." She turned around and looked at Taemin.

 

She walked over to him, "She forgives me? What else do you see?"

 

"Yes, she forgives you. She is with Kris and his father." Taemin said as he looked at Miss Kim. Her face fell when she heard that Hye Kyung was with Kris and his father.

 

Back at the cabin...

 

Kris picked up the phone. "Hello."

 

"Kris....This is Jun Jin." he said.

 

"Jun Jin, great to speak to you." said Kris smiling.

 

"Yes, it is. How are you and your father doing?" Jun Jin asked.

 

"We are doing fine. I take it you already know that we have Hye Kyung." Kris said as he looked at his father.

 

"Yes, we do." Jun Jin says.

 

"We? You mean Miss Kim knows?" Kris said looking at his father.

 

"Yes she does. Has Hye Kyung said anything to you?" Jun Jin asked.

 

"No, we are trying to get her to tell us what is wrong." Kris said.

 

"Be patient with her. She has been through hell since she was here." said Jun Jin.

 

"Ok. Thanks Jun Jin." said Kris.

 

"Your welcome." Jun Jin said smiling. After he and Jun Jin hung up the phones, Kriswas talking to his father.

 

His father spoke next, "I wish there was something that we can do to make her talk. We need to know what is going on."

 

"I know, dad. But Jun Jin said we should be patient. She has been through a lot before we met her." said Kris looking toward the back of the cabin to the beds.

 

So, while they were talking Hye Kyung got up and walked into the room. Kris stopped and looked at her direction. His father looked in the same direction. Kris got up and walked over to Hye Kyung. She just stood there. He noticed she was shivering again and he realized it wasn't from her being cold. He touched her left arm and led her to the couch where his dad was sitting. She sat on the couch between Eric and Kris. She just sat there for a few minutes just staring into the fire. Both Kris and his father just sat in silence when all of a sudden they heard her speak.

 

"I...was...kidnapped...from...my...family. And someone killed them."said Hye Kyung in a soft voice.

 

Kris moved closer to her. He touched her back and could feel she was shaking. Then they heard the sobs. He went and took her in his arms and she cried on his shoulder. All the pain, anguish, sadness, and hurt that she felt from The Centre was coming out from Hye Kyung on Kris's shoulder. The same person that she was told to kill. Finally, Kris heard the sobs slowly fading and pulled her away from his shoulder. She still had her head down and he took his left index finger and pulled her chin up so he could see her eyes. He saw how sad her eyes looked. He brushed away a few tears coming down her cheeks. He got up and poured a glass of water and gave it to Hye Kyung. She was hesitant to take it, being Mr. Choi never gave her anything except beatings. He decided not to talk to her about anything and told her to go back and rest.

 

When she woke up it was the next morning. She got out of bed and walked into the living room and saw Kris and his father still asleep. She noticed how peaceful Kris and his father looked. She was having battles inside her head whether she should kill them or save them. She found the axe next to the front door and picked it up.

 

Back at the Centre...

 

That morning, Miss Kim walked into the Centre and she sensed something was different. She went directly to Andy's office and let herself in. There she saw Andy alone sleeping with his head on the keyboard. He must have been searching all night. She kept thinking if she should wake him up or let him sleep. But she decided to wake him being that she still wants answers. So, she walked over to Andy and found a dictionary. She went and moved some papers out of the way and then slammed the book right on the desk. He jumped almost falling off the chair. He opened his eyes and looked at the book. He then looked up seeing Miss Kim standing next to him. She smiled.

 

Then she said, "Well, have you made any progress?"

 

"Well, while you were at home, I just found out that three kids just got killed." said Andy. Her eyes widened when he said that.

 

"Killed? By Choi?" she asked.

 

"Yes. He apparently he killed them last night cause they were not doing what he asked them to do. I'm still searching for more info on them but everything was erased. All I found were their names: Jessica Marie Holten, Jimmy Lee Bensen, and Elizabeth Christine Quinn. All Americans." said Andy.

 

"How old were they?" Miss Kim asked as she sat down.

 

"Well, let's see. Jessica was 5, Jimmy was 3 and Elizabeth was 4." said a sad Andy.

 

"Oh my. He is trying to become God." Miss Kim was shocked.

 

"I found out from Mr. Choi that he will go through children until he gets the perfect one." She just looked at him. Then she said something that was unexpected directed at Broots.

 

She said, "Good work, Andy. Let's keep searching." Then she turned around and walked out. Andy was a little astonished to hear what she just said.

 

Back at the cabin...

 

Both Kris and his father got up when they started hearing a noise coming from outside. Kris got up quickly and ran into Hye Kyung's bedroom and seeing she was not in there. Then he noticed the axe was gone and started to get nervous when he looked outside and saw where Hye Kyung and the axe went to. She was outside chopping logs into firewood. He walked over to his dad and woke him up. They both walked to the front door and opened it. Hye Kyung had her back turned so she didn't notice Kris coming up from behind her. She felt someone was coming up from behind her cause she then turned around, and as she turned she still had the axe in her hand. If Kris had not crouched when he did he would have been killed. He held up his hands and looked at her.

 

"Hold it, hold it. I'm not going to hurt you. Please can you put the axe down?" said a frightened Kris.

 

"Don't sneak up on me!" She said angrily.

 

He noticed the first time her long auburn colored hair and how her skin was a nice tan. He looked at her and also noticed the deep green eyes that she had. She was a beautiful young girl. He could not see a murderous bone in her body. But Mr. Choi didn't care on how she looked only how she can fight. She was taught how to kill using any tools that you might have around the house. So, Kris and his father were getting things packed up and told Hye Kyung to get ready cause they were moving out of the cabin. She wasn't too thrilled about the idea cause she didn't know where they were taking her.

 

Kris was driving the truck away from the cabin down a dirt road to the highway. Kris drove maybe two miles until he noticed a road block. He turned down another dirt road and left the truck where it was. He then got a suit out and a fake FBI badge and walked down the highway toward the bunch of police cars. He reached one of the police men. He showed him the FBI badge. He also said his name is: Federal Agent Kris Jones.

 

"What is the problem here?" said Kris smiling.

 

"Well, sir. We are on the lookout for a missing girl." said one of the agents.

 

"A missing girl? What does she look like?" asked Kris.

 

The police man showed him a poster and the face on it made him nervous. It was Hye Kyung's face. So, he gave the poster back to the policeman and proceeded to walk away. As he was walking he happened to look behind him and saw a black limo. Out of the limo came Miss Kim, and Mr. Choi. He started to walk faster and finally reached the truck. He jumped in and put it in drive. He drove the truck on the dirt road looking for a way around the road block and away from Miss Kim. His dad sensed something was wrong.

 

"What is wrong, Kris?" asked Eric.

 

"There is a roadblock out for Hye Kyung. And Miss Kim and Mr. Choi were there too." said Kris.

 

"Oh, boy." said Eric.

 

As Kris was driving he noticed how the brakes were not working very good in the dampness of the forest. He started loosing traction and was fighting with the wheel and trying to keep the wheels straight. They started driving too fast. He was dodging trees and bushes. And fallen trees. He didn't notice the ravine coming up past some bushes until it was too late. The truck went head first and busted up the front. No one moved.

 

Back at the roadblock...

 

Miss Kim and Mr. Choi walked toward the roadblock and it was Miss Kim that spoke first.

 

"So, anything yet?" asked Miss Kim.

 

"Not yet, ma'am. But we did have an unusual person come to me about a few minutes ago asking about the missing girl." said the agent.

 

Miss Kim asked, "Really? What is that person's name?"

 

"His name is FBI Agent Kris Jones." said the agent.

 

Miss Kim looked at Mr. Choi and said," I figured that much."

 

Then she looked all around her and tried to figure out where Kris could be. Then she looked back at the police officer and said her goodbyes. Then she started to walk back to the car along with the squeaky Mr. Choi. She got in the car and noticed her phone was ringing. She answered it and heard a distinct voice on the other end.

 

"What?" asked Miss Kim.

 

"Kim, I just got a phone call from Kris." said Jun Jin.

 

"Why am I not surprised? What did he say?" asked Miss Kim.

 

"Well, he said that he has Hye Kyung. And she is safe. He also says that he likes your roadblock but it hasn't stopped him." said Jun Jin.

 

"My roadblock? Do you know where he is, Jun Jin?" she asked. As she said that she looked over and noticed Mr. Choi was staring at her. She got chills going down her spine.

 

"He never told me where he is going or where he is taking Hye Kyung." She started to smile and thought, 'well, there goes Mr. Choi's plan of making another Pretender. That just went down the tube.' Then she hung up.

 

Mr. Choi looked at her and spoke, "Well, what did he say?"

 

"Jun Jin said that he doesn't know where she is or where Kris is taking her." said Miss Kim.

 

Then Mr Choi said, "That is ok. We have them right where I want them."

 

"What do you mean?" Miss Kim asked shocked.

 

"I planted a transmitter on Hye Kyung so now I can track her and get Hye Kyung plus Kris and his father." said Mr Choi as he smiled.

 

Back to Jarod and his party...

 

Back in the forest. The busted up truck was still in the ravine. All of a sudden the passenger side door opened up. Out stepped Eric. He was bleeding from a cut on his forehead and he was bruised. He was carrying a limp body of Hye Kyung and he laid her on the side of the ravine that they were trying to cross. He went back and opened the drivers side and saw Kris's body still strapped in and laying forward on the steering wheel. He wasn't moving. So Eric unstrapped Kris's body and pulled him out of the truck. He pulled him on the top of the ravine and laid him down next to Hye Kyung's body. He saw the cuts and bruises on Kris's face and chest. He ran back to the truck to get the First Aid Kit. He brought it back and sat next to the two unmoving bodies. He started to bandage up Hye Kyung's cuts. As Eric was bandaging up Kris's cuts, Hye Kyung awoke and sat up. She touched her head and felt the bandage.

 

She broke the silence when she saw Eric bandaging Kris's cuts, "What happened?"

 

"It looks like we ran right into a ravine. How do you feel?" Eric asked.

 

"I feel fine. How is Kris?" She said as she walked over to his body.

 

"It looks like he sustained more injuries than we did. I hope he comes out of it." She noticed the worried voice from Eric, and knew that he was scared for his son's life.

 

She has never felt anything like this before. Eric looked around for a place to hide him and saw a cave. So, Eric carried him over to the cave and laid him down gently. He looked at Hye Kyung and he noticed for the first time how scared she was.

 

His voice broke the silence, "Hye Kyung, I want you to stay with Kris until I can find something to help him." She looked up from Kris's body with a deer in the headlights look.

 

"How long are you going to be gone?" asked Hye Kyung.

 

"I don't know. I have to find a hospital or a home where they have First Aid Kits that could really help even more." said Eric.

 

"I'm scared." she said. Eric looked over at Hye Kyung who was kneeling over Kris's motionless body. He walked over to her and knelt next to her. He lifted her head and noticed tears coming down her cheeks.

 

"Hye Kyung, don't worry. All of us will be alright. Be strong." said Eric with a smile.

 

"Be strong? Why should I be strong, we are going to die." cried Hye Kyung.

 

"Hye Kyung! We are NOT going to die. Be strong...for Kris. Please." said Eric. She looked down at Kris and nodded.

 

"Ok. I will be strong."she said.

 

"Thank you. I take it you know how to use a gun?" Eric asked.

 

"Yes, I do." she said.

 

"Here I'll give this to you. I'm also going to give you more bullets. So, if you get an animal or a person that you don't know, don't hesitate to shoot." said Eric.

 

"Ok." said Hye Kyung nervously.

 

"I'll be back. Don't worry." Eric said.

 

"I'll be brave." she said. Then he turned and walked away. She then sat down next to Jarod's body and kept her eyes open and was very alert.

 

Back at the forest...

 

"Ok. Where do we look?" said Miss Kim.

 

Mr. Choi was looking on the monitor and noticed a small red dot beeping about 300 yards away. Both of them looked up from the monitor and noticed it was coming inside the forest.

 

"Great. You have any better ideas?" said Miss Kim. Mr. Choi looked at her in a fierce way.

 

Then he took the monitor and started to walk and then realized that he can't find her cause he has an oxygen tank. He looked at the police officers and then his eyes scanned to Miss Kim. He hated to admit that she is the only person that could find them. So, he walked over to her and handed her the monitor.

 

"Don't fail. Bring Hye Kyung and Kris back alive." he said.

 

"What about Eric?" asked Miss Kim. Mr. Choi looked at her before he got in the car.

 

"You can kill him." he said smiling. She just looked at him as he sat down in the limo and closed the door.

 

Then the limo backed up and drove away, leaving Miss Kim by herself with the police officers. She looked down at the monitor and noticed that it hasn't moved yet.

 

So, she walked to the captain and said, "Captain, I'm going to need some of your men to help me."

 

"Ok. How many?" asked the captain.

 

"About a dozen, maybe more. Depending on how severe the situation gets." said Miss Kim.

 

After the captain gathered the dozen or more men she walked over to them. She looked at them and started talking.

 

"Okay. Now, we have three people loose in the woods. A young girl by the name of Hye Kyung. She is in her teens. She has long auburn hair. And she is very dangerous. But, do NOT and I mean this do NOT shoot her. She is very valuable to us. Next is a man in his 30s named Kris. He is another person you have to be careful. He can talk you to do anything. So be careful of him and DON'T shoot him either. And there is an older gentleman going by the name of Eric Wu. He is also dangerous and if he gives you any hard time, well...you can kill him." Then she stopped to take a breath. "Does everyone know what to do?" There was silence.

 

"What should we do once we get them?" said a young lieutenant.

 

"Well, when you do get them, make sure you bring them to me. Now, all of you have a monitor. Use it. It will track Hye Kyung down. And you should have no problem finding them. Now! MOVE! Then all the police officers ran for the trees and even some had K-9s with them. She just stood there and watched for a minute and then started walking into the trees also.

 

Back at the cave...

 

Meanwhile...back in the cave...Hye Kyung started feeling herself falling asleep and tried to keep awake. She heard a voice and it startled her. Then she noticed it came from Kris.

 

"What happened?" he said softly.

 

"We got in an accident with the ravine. Both me and your father are ok...but you suffered some major injuries." said Hye Kyung.

 

"Where is my father?" Kris said looking around.

 

"He went out to get somethings to make you better." she said. Then Kris tried to get up and he felt pain in his rib cage. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder pulling him down.

 

"Stay down. Don't try to get up. It won't help if you keep moving around." she said. Then he looked at her. He was surprised with the response from her. "I wish I had a father like your dad." He just looked at her but didn't say anything. "The only thing that I remember about my parents was that they were very great. And I had a very bad feeling about them going away on an airplane. I tried to tell them NOT to go but they wouldn't listen." Then he saw the emotion start coming out of Hye Kyung.

 

"What happened?" he asked.

 

"They brought me to my grandparents house and I was sitting in front of the tv when the news came on. I knew something happened. My grandmother was in another room when I screamed. I saw my parents airplane as rubble. And the person on the tv said there were no survivors." Kris could not believe that this could have happened. Then he was shocked at what happened next. "Then all of a sudden some intruders broke in and killed my grandmother and kidnapped me. And that is all that I remember." Then she broke down and cried. After a minute of crying she spoke. "I often wondered if it was my fault that everyone that I love died."

 

Then Kris took her hand and looked up at her. "Don't say that. Your parents must have been wonderful people to have brought up such a beautiful and smart young lady. I'm sorry that all of this could have happened to you. But you have to be strong and understand that what happened was NOT your fault. Do you understand that?" She looked at him.

 

"Well I'll try. But it will be hard for my head to convince my heart. But I will try." she said smiling.

 

"That is good." he said. All of a sudden Kris heard some voices. He got a little nervous and told Hye Kyung to drag him to the back of the cave. She did as he said. As they were nearing the end Hye Kyung stopped and stood in front of something that she never would have guessed being in a cave.

 

To be continued...

 

What do you think of the story so far? Sorry, it's not the best. It's from the Pretender story that I wrote before. I just cut and pasted it. Please leave me some feedback on the chapter.

 

Characters:

Catherine as Hye Kyung Lee

Mr. Lyle as Changmin Shim

Miss Parker as Hyuna Kim

Sydney Greene as Jun Jin

Jarod Russell (Pretender) as Kris Wu

William Raines as Seunghyun Choi (T.O.P.)

Broots as Andy Lee

Major Charles (Jarod's father) as Eric Wu (changed Eric's name from Mun to Wu.)

Angelo as Taemin

 

If you've seen the tv show The Pretender, then you'd understand who the characters are.

 

Thanks for waiting patiently for the next chapter. I've been very busy.

 

As always...

 

                                                                        Subscribe and Comment!!!